The value of an Ace?

Gamblor

Bear with me if this has already been asked and answered in another post, in one way or another, seems like a basic question.

Lets say in a standard deck of cards, if you replaced a 10 value card with an Ace, how many of these replacements would you need to make before that deck becomes +EV? My initial guess and quick calculations lead me to believe its as little as between 1 to 2?

In other words, TC is still 0, but there are a preponderance of Aces.

I ask this for various reason, including an ad-hoc and half-assed attempt at ST on my part :laugh: Aces started flying out where I expected them to be, everyone else got the Aces besides me, while I was catching 13's and 14's, but still won the big bets due to sheer luck :)

Unfortunately never focused on ST too much, as I play mostly ASMs in my area, but they sometimes do break ;)

MangoJ

On a simple (not exact combinatorial) calculator (single deck, S17, DAS, resplit).

Standard deck: -0.518%
1 Ace replaced: -0.343%
2 Aces replaced: -0.123%
3 Aces replaced: +0.162%
4 Aces replaced: +0.530%

Sucker

Using MY blackjack simulator, I loaded a single deck with 5 aces, 15 ten-valued cards, and 4 each of all the other cards. Asking it to play basic strategy, and after running one million hands; it tells me that the player will have an advantage over the house of about +.47%.