Ploppy vs. ace tracker vs. me

BJgenius007

I would say I am a great counter. This afternoon at my table, there was a ploppy playing perfect basic strategy but his bet size depends on his hunch, it could be $25, $50, $200 up to $500. He has the biggest buy-in, over $3,000. The ace tracker bet $450 when he thinks he will get an ace, otherwise he bet $25 or $50. It is a shoe game so I spread 18 to 1. We pretty had the table for three of us all afternoon. Other ploppies come and go and lost all their money in a very short period of time. So in the end, who do you think will win in this contest?

Surprisingly, it is the ploppy with the big bankroll. Once he is in the winning role, he bet big and stayed on the winning streak. The ace tracker was amazing first. Early in the afternoon, every time he jump from $25 to $450, he got a Blackjack. It happened four of the first six times he did that. Until when TC=+5 and there are six more aces than the average, so I split my pair of tens and got two aces. (Dealer upcard is 5.) The ploppy was stunned but it angered the ace tracker. Since then, he lost his mojo. He got ace alright but it always paired with a non-ten and dealer got to 20 or 21 each time. Eventually he lost all his money. I walked away with the modest gain. But the ploppy is the biggest winner. He tripled his money.

BJgenius007

creeping panther said:
Maybe Super Plop was really a card watcher and an ace counter.

CP
I rule it out in the first hour when he kept his max bet while the deck was ace poor and true count was super negative.

paddywhack

BJgenius007 said:
Shut up, zoolander grumpy. You are such a stalker.
Relax Genuis - if you're as good as YOU say you are then who gives a flying rats arse what the rest of us think.

Besides, there's another saying that may apply here: thou thinks thoust does protest too much.

Friendo

BJgenius007 said:
So in the end, who do you think will win in this contest?

Surprisingly, it is the ploppy with the big bankroll.
Not surprising at all.

A single afternoon of play is such a short sample, that the wins or losses in your anecdote are completely meaningless in any mathematical, real-world sense.

Friendo

moo321 said:
I would say that I am an awesome, world class counter. Everyone should bow down and worship my e-penis.
I will vouch for moo321, even though we have never met. Truly a great counter: his level-7 system with 38 side counts plus ace and shuffle tracking has N0 < 1.

BTW, I am also an Internet Tough Guy®. I claim to have no hesitation in throwing down with any ploppy or pit boss who mouths off to me. Plus, when I hear about rapists and murderers, I always claim that if they even came near my daughter/wife/child, I would beat them to death with my bare hands, suck out their eyeball and spit it on the ground, and so on.

blackchipjim

Sessions

Sounds about right for a normal session for the most part. Taken everything in to account the plop had a good run of luck. The counter did a normal variance and the ace tracker got his due. Nothing abby normal here and is to be expected. Lessons learned: Better to be lucky than smart, ace tracking you can expect huge swings, counting can give and edge in the long run.

Moo

Friendo said:
I will vouch for moo321, even though we have never met. Truly a great counter: his level-7 system with 38 side counts plus ace and shuffle tracking has N0 < 1.

BTW, I am also an Internet Tough Guy®. I claim to have no hesitation in throwing down with any ploppy or pit boss who mouths off to me. Plus, when I hear about rapists and murderers, I always claim that if they even came near my daughter/wife/child, I would beat them to death with my bare hands, suck out their eyeball and spit it on the ground, and so on.
I will vouch for Moo,,,and I have met him.:1st:

CP