First experience with a bad ploppy

For the record, it was a red chipper, $10 min bet, 8d, DAS, S17, Late Surrender. I was betting 1-16 spread, starting bet at $15.

-17, dealer showing 10... HIT!
-17, dealer showing 9... DOUBLE DOWN!
-12, dealer showing 2...Hit, picks up a 5... HIT!
-20, dealer showing 8... SPLIT 10s!!! (running count by the way was -6)

Those were the four plays that I remember the most. As far as his behavior, he was pleasant enough at the table... except trying to get me to let it ride with the running count at -4.

FLASH1296

I had match plays to use.
I am at the Borgata.
I take a seat for a few hands.
Instantly a ploppy takes the adjacent seat.
The character makes these three plays:
  • Twelve vs 9 … Double
  • Eleven vs deuce … Hit
  • Nine vs. Ace … Double
He lost his stack in those 3 hands.

I left after that as I was only seated long enough to play out a few $25 m.p.'s

As I left I looked at the dude and said … "You need a new hobby"

kewljason

FLASH1296 said:
I had match plays to use.
I am at the Borgata.
I take a seat for a few hands.
Instantly a ploppy takes the adjacent seat.
The character makes these three plays:
  • Twelve vs 9 … Double
  • Eleven vs deuce … Hit
  • Nine vs. Ace … Double
He lost his stack in those 3 hands.

I left after that as I was only seated long enough to play out a few $25 m.p.'s

As I left I looked at the dude and said … "You need a new hobby"
Maybe he achieved his objective, Flash. There is an episode of the show Las Vegas (james Cann as chief of security) were a man show up in Vegas with the intent of losing his fortune prior to his divorce preceeding to spite his wife. :laugh:

Dyepaintball12

kewljason said:
Maybe he achieved his objective, Flash. There is an episode of the show Las Vegas (james Cann as chief of security) were a man show up in Vegas with the intent of losing his fortune prior to his divorce preceeding to spite his wife. :laugh:
I love that episode! Especially at the end where she almost wins the jackpot!

ohbehave

Over the weekend I was sitting next to an older woman who was betting the $10 minimum and not taking any doubles or splits. I was playing 2 hands of green and she says to me "oh i just cry every time you lose a hand". I laughed a little inside. I could have tried to scavenge off her but I didn't want to attract any attention.

I play with my dad a bit, and he can match those plays and then some. i think his favorite play is doubling a 12v10. seen him double a hard 17...could spread 100-1 sitting next to him and never risk a backoff, could straight up tell the pitboss ya im counting and if you kick me out he leaves too :laugh:

ninous26

christopher1 said:
I play with my dad a bit, and he can match those plays and then some. i think his favorite play is doubling a 12v10. seen him double a hard 17...could spread 100-1 sitting next to him and never risk a backoff, could straight up tell the pitboss ya im counting and if you kick me out he leaves too :laugh:
:grin: Great one. Thanks for the laugh!