Talk About Getting Lucky!

aslan

At the next table there's a guy and he is yelling out in the deepest, most resonant voice I have ever heard. What could be going on? Later I asked the Pit Guy. Here's what he told me.

The guy bought in with $400. During one of the shuffles he ran over to the roulette table and plopped down $100 and hit the number-- what's that, $3,500? Then he ran back to the blackjack table. Four or 5 times he did that! Yes! Each time he plopped down $100 and hit the number! Unfrickingbelievable! Meanwhile his betting had evolved to $3,000 a hand (at a $3,000 maximum table). When he cashed out, he had won (hold your breath) $126,000!

I left and went over to the $1 VP. A security guard was standing there watching me play. I heard some commotion nearby and asked him what it was. He told me some guy had just hit a slot for $40,000. I think he said it was a VP machine. Must have been a $10 machine-- is there such a machine? Anyway, while we were talking a guy a few machines over hit another machine-- a measly $1,800-- haha-- nothing to speak of! :laugh: I think I bring luck to people. Wherever I am, people around me are getting lucky! Hmmm! I wonder if I can redirect this newly acquired power! :laugh::whip:

I told the story to a guy when I got back. He promptly told me a story of a guy he saw win $12 million at the Bellagio. I guess my story wasn't that great afterall. :( But it's the most exciting thing I've seen in AC. And hitting the number so many times in a row at roulette may be one for the books. I hope it makes the papers.

blackjackomaha

aslan said:
I think I bring luck to people. Wherever I am, people around me are getting lucky! Hmmm! I wonder if I can redirect this newly acquired power!.
You can redirect it my way :grin:

Hell, I'd play every table on the floor :laugh:

aslan

CrazyEddie said:
I would charge people to rub themselves against you for luck.
Maybe I could just rub those orange automotive repair rags with my hands and we could sell each rag for $5.00. Kind of a take off on the TV evangelist prayer cloths.
"Why do people around me seem to get lucky? I don't know. I won't even venture a guess. But if you want to test whether this can happen to you, try one of my lucky orange towels. Just send me $5 or if you think it's worth more, any greater amount, and I will send you an orange cotton towel that I have personally wiped my lucky hands with. Also, scented cloths are available in three distinctive aromas (lucky tiger, lottery lemon, and blackjack licorice) for $7.50 each or three for $21. Act now. I don't care how old you are, or if you're ever won anything in your life, it's never too late to get lucky!"​

aslan said:
I think I bring luck to people. Wherever I am, people around me are getting lucky! Hmmm! I wonder if I can redirect this newly acquired power!
Direct the PSI-luck, no. Get a commission, yes. zg

aslan

zengrifter said:
Direct the PSI-luck, no. Get a commission, yes. zg
I may or may not bring luck to those around me, but I do bring good will, friendliness, and a good time for those who are open to it. If I find a table that is angry, sarcastic, hateful, or otherwise unfriendly, I will depart as quickly as I arrived. I don't do well, as a rule, in such an atmosphere, and neither do the occupants of those tables from past observation.

Mewtwo

blackchipjim said:
Aslan there are 25.00 vp machines.
There are 3-play $100 VP machines ($1,500 max bet). I believe I saw a picture of someone being dealt a Royal on one, and was paid $1,200,000.

Katweezel

I have a friend who is supstitious like you wouldn't believe. :grin: So much so, when he read your story, he wants to buy one of your sacred lucky cloths. But not any old one. He wants one you've wiped your ass on. :mad:

aslan

prankster said:
Hey Aslan!
So what happened to you getting away from the game for awhile? LOL!:)
Well, I didn't spread much, so maybe I didn't have much chance to win much, but I didn't have much chance to lose big either. It was strictly experimental, non-AP play. :laugh:

aslan

Katweezel said:
I have a friend who is supstitious like you wouldn't believe. :grin: So much so, when he read your story, he wants to buy one of your sacred lucky cloths. But not any old one. He wants one you've wiped your ass on. :mad:
I save those for my very best friends, but tell him I do have one that I blew my nose in.

aslan

I am hoping someone who plays at the Borgata will check out the story about the guy who bought in with $400 and cashed out at $126,000 (OP) and hit the roulette 4 or 5 times in a row. It was Wednesday morning about 3 or 4 AM at the Borgata in the $25/50/100 pit, last table nearest to the cashier, which is just around the corner. I'd like to find out more about it myself. Thanks.