Blackjack and Card Counting Forums - BlackjackInfo.com

Old May 17th, 2011, 03:14 AM

Default Omega 2 vs zen

Hi,

I know the figure so I am asking for a more personal opinon and feeling between OMEGA 2 and ZEN count the best accuracy/esay to play ratio.
For people in this chat.

thanks for your answer
Old May 17th, 2011, 02:34 PM
Executive Member

Send a message via ICQ to FLASH1296 Send a message via AIM to FLASH1296

Insignificant differences between the power of two Level Two systems can be swamped by the difficulties imposed by the count.

AO II requires Aces to be side-counted and Nines are counted as well.

Zen is easier, by far; and close enough in power to be a fine count.

AO II is better in "pitch" games; but I would rather use ZEN in shoe games.
Old May 17th, 2011, 11:34 PM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by willywill View Post
Hi,

I know the figure so I am asking for a more personal opinon and feeling between OMEGA 2 and ZEN count the best accuracy/esay to play ratio.
For people in this chat.

thanks for your answer
Forget AO2 and go with ZEN or Mentor. zg
Old May 18th, 2011, 01:49 AM

Default thx

Thanks for the answer guys, this is what I told to one of my mate that argue that with the side count of ace AO2 was much better than zen count and worth the extra difficulty (.92=>.99). but as I am playing shoe game UK/France I do think that zen will still be above in term of ratio accuracy/difficulty.

Anyway thx for your time and if you come in london send me an PM

Last edited by willywill; May 18th, 2011 at 10:18 AM.
Old May 18th, 2011, 02:43 AM
Executive Member

Quote:
Thanks for the answer guys, this is what I told to one of my mate that argue that with the side count of ace AO2 was much better than zen count and worth the extra difficulty (.92=>.99).
Your friend is wrong. The best you would achieve is to get same result but working harder, with AO2.

Also, if you choose ZEN you should NOT use 1/4D TC version in current Blackbelt book. Use 1DTC version... or learn Mentor in BJ Bluebook. zg
Old May 18th, 2011, 07:08 AM

Default some explanation

I am sorry if it's sounds suptid but even if I've read the two book you are mentioning (quite a while ago I agree) and even blackjack for blood and some other. I am still not very good with abreviation so can you give more explanation about 1DTC (I am think 1 .... true count??). and yeah I thought of switching to mentor too but I am good with zen so far.
Old May 18th, 2011, 07:10 AM

Default Pm

and also when can I PM on on this forum? I heard it's after 10 post but still can't see anything like PM on user page or on the forum
Old May 18th, 2011, 08:14 AM

Default ??

??
Old May 18th, 2011, 10:16 AM
Executive Member

Quote:
I am sorry if it's sounds suptid but even if I've read the two book you are mentioning (quite a while ago I agree) and even blackjack for blood and some other. I am still not very good with abreviation so can you give more explanation about 1DTC (I am think 1 .... true count??). and yeah I thought of switching to mentor too but I am good with zen so far.
TCs can be calibrated differently. 1/4DTC is the latest ZEN that we say do NOT use. Use the older 1DTC version. Or Mentor is calibrated at 2DTC, even better.

If the whole TC thing eludes you, go with UBZ (unbalanced ZEN) a running count based system that is just as strong as the ZEN and Mentor. zg
Old May 18th, 2011, 10:24 AM

Default .

Sorry for my english but for me 1DTC mean 1 deck True count = you adjust your running per 1 deck to get the true count is this what you mean?
because the only thing I was not understanding in your post was the abreviation meaning. But If it's what I mean above I am fine in coverting running into true count and I prefer balanced system. This is also why I like Zen balanced and also very accurate without being too complicate.
By the way I read your interview, very interesting. It's been now 2 y that I am counting and playing regularly and I am glad I finnaly took the time to go on a forum to share some thoughts.

thx for your time also I really appriciate it.