Double Down Dealer Delusion or DDDD

Jack_Black

let's just say hypothetically, that I hypothetically know a dealer who believes you can still take cards after you put out money for a double down. what is the advantage or how do you figure out the advantage? and should I change my BS to something like the wizard's triple down BS?

MangoJ

Jack_Black said:
let's just say hypothetically, that I hypothetically know a dealer who believes you can still take cards after you put out money for a double down. what is the advantage or how do you figure out the advantage? and should I change my BS to something like the wizard's triple down BS?
Double on each position where it is +EV for a hit (in total).
That is, double on each uppercase "H" in the sheet http://blackjackdoc.com/strategy-calculator.htm

NightStalker

if you don't know the answer

Jack_Black said:
you are not prepared to play this specific game..

zoomie

NightStalker said:
you are not prepared to play this specific game..
Be nice. :) Neither am I. :confused: I do believe, however, that this "rule" would affect BS - it has to, as BS assumes no draw after the double, so you don't double on a 4, say, but you might if you could just keep drawing - and should affect one's bet ramp. And then you're going to see some serious variance. :whip::whip:

pit15

http://wizardofodds.com/blackjack/appendix5.html

So you should double on things like 8 vs 7, even 10 vs 10, 10 vs A

The only reason you DON'T double in those situations is one of the "costs" of doubling is giving up the right to take more cards.

For all the regular double downs, you still make them, but if you get a hand you would normally hit on you take another hit.