Blackjack and Card Counting Forums - BlackjackInfo.com

  #11  
Old June 7th, 2011, 05:05 PM
Iron Man's Avatar
Iron Man Iron Man is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 43
Default I think casinos loved that movie

That movie made counting seem 100% easier than it is and also showed them always winning money. I'm sure Red Rock and PH loved having the movie there! I would say for every one person inspired by the movie who actually became a counter there were thousands who watched the special section that "taught" the secrets at the end and ran to Vegas. Same thing with Beat the Dealer, check out Hot Shoe, that is a good documentary...
  #12  
Old June 7th, 2011, 05:39 PM
Dyepaintball12's Avatar
Dyepaintball12 Dyepaintball12 is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mid-Michigan
Posts: 1,547
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Man View Post
That movie made counting seem 100% easier than it is and also showed them always winning money. I'm sure Red Rock and PH loved having the movie there! I would say for every one person inspired by the movie who actually became a counter there were thousands who watched the special section that "taught" the secrets at the end and ran to Vegas. Same thing with Beat the Dealer, check out Hot Shoe, that is a good documentary...
I disagree. I think that movie made counting look much harder than it really is.

"Counting isn't illegal, but it takes a gifted mind."

False.
  #13  
Old June 7th, 2011, 11:33 PM
Iron Man's Avatar
Iron Man Iron Man is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 43
Default

I agree as far as making it look like you have to be a genius to do it. You certainly don't. What I meant was winning money almost every time, high true counts all the time, etc. That made it seem like counters win every hand when they want to and never lose.
  #14  
Old June 8th, 2011, 07:03 AM
steiner's Avatar
steiner steiner is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: The United States of Europe
Posts: 28
Default

i remember the scene where ben(?) made a bunch of money while staying at the SAME table for the whole night. this must have been a magic table with only high TCs.
  #15  
Old June 8th, 2011, 09:14 AM
MangoJ MangoJ is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 607
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steiner View Post
i remember the scene where ben(?) made a bunch of money while staying at the SAME table for the whole night. this must have been a magic table with only high TCs.
Yeah. They play only +16 or more, and if one shoe turns cold another one immediatly opens beneath. Don't mention, sharp after the wong-out point every hand loses immediatly by a dealers Blackjack.
  #16  
Old June 8th, 2011, 10:13 AM
nighthawk718's Avatar
nighthawk718 nighthawk718 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Southern US
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MangoJ View Post
Yeah. They play only +16 or more, and if one shoe turns cold another one immediatly opens beneath. Don't mention, sharp after the wong-out point every hand loses immediatly by a dealers Blackjack.

Seem liked they using High/Low running count system. I didn't see they mentioned about the true count conversion ... just my 2 cents.
  #17  
Old June 8th, 2011, 11:09 AM
MangoJ MangoJ is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 607
Default

I'm still not sure how the Monty Hall problem is related to nonlinear equations^^

And no, it's not a change of variables, it's a change of information (i.e. expectation vs. conditional expectation).
  #18  
Old June 8th, 2011, 10:30 PM
BetaPro BetaPro is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MangoJ View Post
I'm still not sure how the Monty Hall problem is related to nonlinear equations^^

And no, it's not a change of variables, it's a change of information (i.e. expectation vs. conditional expectation).
and being able to see that dosnt really make u a better BJ player imo.
  #19  
Old June 9th, 2011, 03:08 PM
Dyepaintball12's Avatar
Dyepaintball12 Dyepaintball12 is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mid-Michigan
Posts: 1,547
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steiner View Post
i remember the scene where ben(?) made a bunch of money while staying at the SAME table for the whole night. this must have been a magic table with only high TCs.
THAT was probably the most inaccurate part haha
  #20  
Old July 7th, 2011, 10:39 PM
prankster prankster is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 550
Default

Ladies and Gentlemen-
The movie was fun-and you got to look at Liza Lapira-what more could we ask for?
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:36 PM.


Forum Software vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2011 Bayview Strategies LLC