Blackjack and Card Counting Forums - BlackjackInfo.com

Old October 23rd, 2011, 06:31 PM

Default Delayed further

I had pre-ordered the book from Amazon, it was due to ship in Nov 2011. I just received an email from them telling me it will now be Jun 2012!
Old October 23rd, 2011, 06:52 PM
Executive Member

Never understood the point of advertising and selling something that does not yet exist.
Old October 23rd, 2011, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QFIT View Post
Never understood the point of advertising and selling something that does not yet exist.
It's actually quite handy. I do it with Amazon quite often. They will do release date delivery so that the item arrives at your house the same day it is put on the shelves in the stores. You don't get charged until the item actually ships. So I pre-order stuff all the time from them when I see something that I know will interest me but I don't want to have to remember to come back and order it after some particular date in the future.
Old October 23rd, 2011, 09:40 PM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAP View Post
It's actually quite handy. I do it with Amazon quite often. They will do release date delivery so that the item arrives at your house the same day it is put on the shelves in the stores. You don't get charged until the item actually ships. So I pre-order stuff all the time from them when I see something that I know will interest me but I don't want to have to remember to come back and order it after some particular date in the future.
I did the same with the new "Hawaii Five-0" season. Ordered it two months in advance because I didn't want to wait even one more second than necessary to get it.
Old October 24th, 2011, 05:39 AM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QFIT View Post
Isn't that how life insurance works?