VP machines gimped at Mt. Airy

The decent promotion involving handpays at machines at Mt. Airy is no longer so decent; they downgraded their best VP game.

Best game for that now is probably 9/6 JoB at the $10 level. Do the math, see what it's worth. :(

kewljason

Automatic Monkey said:
The decent promotion involving handpays at machines at Mt. Airy is no longer so decent; they downgraded their best VP game.

Best game for that now is probably 9/6 JoB at the $10 level. Do the math, see what it's worth. :(
Damn Monkey, $10 JoB! :eek: I only play VP sparingly, with a good promotion or strong points multiplier day or occasionally just to rack up some points in a hurry. I struggle with the variance at the 50 cents or $1 level. hard to imagine such at the $10 level. :eek: Would be way out of my comfort level. :laugh:

Gamblor

Ah ok, I do tend to have a blind spot to DDB, because of its higher variance.

So I would imagine the $1 9/6 JOB is still there, it was there as of several weeks ago. As kewl mentioned, the variance is still pretty rough at $1 level, $150 goes away just like that :sad:

kewljason said:
Damn Monkey, $10 JoB! :eek: I only play VP sparingly, with a good promotion or strong points multiplier day or occasionally just to rack up some points in a hurry. I struggle with the variance at the 50 cents or $1 level. hard to imagine such at the $10 level. :eek: Would be way out of my comfort level. :laugh:
Good idea! Oh yes, it's easy to drop >$3K chasing those promotions, and VP is scary trance-inducing because it is repetitive and fully engages your brain at the same time when you get up to 800-1K hands per hour. Those of us who can remember going through a roll of quarters at the arcade know the feeling.

aslan

Automatic Monkey said:
Good idea! Oh yes, it's easy to drop >$3K chasing those promotions, and VP is scary trance-inducing because it is repetitive and fully engages your brain at the same time when you get up to 800-1K hands per hour. Those of us who can remember going through a roll of quarters at the arcade know the feeling.
How far do you chase these promotions? Do you have a predetermined cutoff? Or do you just keep playing until a sick feeling overcomes you? Even without a promotion, say that 99.96% machine, how do you approach it?

aslan said:
How far do you chase these promotions? Do you have a predetermined cutoff? Or do you just keep playing until a sick feeling overcomes you? Even without a promotion, say that 99.96% machine, how do you approach it?
A promo like that you play until you run out of money. It gives you a sick feeling all right, but the only way to make that feeling go away is to hit your quads and get your handpay, then you feel great. I never ran out of money nor got the $10K or $20K handpay.

I suppose the other way to feel good when playing it is to have a $1M bankroll!

Without the promo, I'd have to have another reason for playing it and that reason would determine my approach.