Interesting theory/system. Thoughts?

I occasionally visit a local book store and am always interested to see what new blackjack books/strategies they are selling as they are usually cheap. So i came across a book i have never seen and it was only $12.95, i never mind spending small amounts of money even if the theories are wrong or seem outrageous. I'm at work now and can't remember title or author but will post later. If this strategy has been posted previous i apologize but i have never seen it online before

The author suggests using a series/progression which actually doesn't sound that bad compared to martingale etc....

The idea is to start over anytim its a winning series.
Here is a summary of what he suggests, we'll assume $10 units.

Use the following series

10-10-10-15-20-30

I will go through the possible outcomes and group them as many are similar.

Anytime you win the first 2 hands you keep playing until you lose a hand. If you win 6 in a row just ride it out at 30 a hand until you lose then start over. Once you win the first 2 no matter when you lose you are up for the series.

If it goes, LWW, or WLW then start over as well since you are up 1 unit.

If you lose 2 of first 3 but win 4th then start over you are up 1/2 a unit.

Examples, WLLW, LWLW, LLWW

if you win 1 of first 4 then you next play 5th hand at 20 and stop, win or lose.

Possible outcomes:

If the win is on a 10 dolalr bet then it does not matter which one of the 3 it was, only difference is if the win was on the 15 dollar bet, so really only 2 outcomes:

WLLLW =- 1/2 unit
LLLWW = +1/2 unit

Now the bad parts:
If you lose the first 4 you jsut start over which would be -4.5 units, not that bad as a regular flat bet with 4 loses in a row would have lost you -4 units.

The other option is when you lose 4 out of the first 5, but one of the loses is always at $20(2 units)

Again it doesn't matter which of first 3 bets were lost they are the same, only difference is if 4 bet is lost.
WLLLL =-4.5 units
LLLWL = -3.5 units

/********************/

Lets compare all to flat betting(as this is how i like to compare systems, if in most situations flat bets outperform the system i would always rather flat bet)
Anytime you win the first 3.
WWWL
Flat bet= +2 units
System = +1.5

WWWWL
Flat bet= +3
System = +2.5

WWWWWL
Flat Bet=+4
System = +3.5

WWWWWWL
Flat Bet=+5
System = +6.5

So even if you are winning it seems to me the system only comes out ahead if you have won at least 6 in a row, not a common thing.

LWW, or WLW is exactly the same as flat betting, +1 unit.

WLLW, LWLW, LLWW you come out .5 units ahead where flat betting you would be even.

WLLLW
Flat betting=-1 unit
System =- 1/2 unit

LLLWW
Flat betting = -1 unit
System = +1/2 unit

Lose 4 in a row
Flat bets =-4
Sysem=-4.5

Losing 4 out of 5

WLLLL
flat bet=-3
system =-4.5 units

LLLWL
Flat bet=-3
system= -3.5 units

Lastly, a push you replay at same bet, doubles/splits you count your wins/loses, split and win both, add count as 2 wins, split and one double, win the double but lose the other split, count as 1 win etc...
Blackjack count as regular win.

What i concluded after looking over this is that when you win 2-5 in a row you win less than when flat betting. When you lose 4 in a row you lose more than flat betting and when you lose 4/5 you lose a lot more then flat betting sometimes a full 1.5 units. In the middle you gain a .5 unit when you win that 4th bet and one of the earlier ones or save a .5 unit when you win that 5th bet.

Whats funny is when i started this post i wasn't sure if this was good or bad system, after reading what i wrote is that it seems to win less when it wins and lose more when it loses.... Guess i answered my own question.

The only outcome that seems to have a much better hit for the player is:
LLLWW
Flat betting = -1 unit
System = +1/2 unit

Sorry for being long winded. If anyone would know how to figure out the house edge using something like this or can provide some numbers on why its bad, good or how bad or good it really is that would be cool.

Stinkus

Mikeaber

I think you can rest assured that the "house edge" will not change in the least no matter what progression you elect to try.

Here is a better system I call it "The $40 to $163k System"

1) Roulette.
2) Red, red, black, red, black, black, red, black, black, red, red, black
3) Cash out

There is a little bit of risk involved but nothing significant:laugh:

ScottH

zengrifter said:
This forum is for "ADVANCED STRATEGIES"!! We are you posting bullsh*t progressions here? This thread should be deleted. zg
It seems likes it's in the right place, in the "Betting Strategies" forum. Of course it could have been moved in the last few minutes.

This isn't a blackjack strategy but anyway here it is:
I call this one "The $40 to $829,440 in 4 weeks" strategy..or the "pump and dump" for short and it works believe me!

Purchase 40$ worth of a penny stock that is at its 52 week low, preferably one that lists on the pink sheets for about .0001 cent per share. Now go to ragingbull.com and register 20 usernames.. make sure to make them seem legit with names such as Larry1965 or Johnlovesbetty or prouddad12. Make sure to start all sorts of rumors with 10 of the user names on the most popular stock boards on raging bull and use the other 10 usernames to reply with positive responses. The rumors may be ranging from potential buyouts by larger NYSE traded companies or for mineral companies you can say you checked with the state board and that they have struck gold last week and the PR is coming. If you find an empty shell company start rumors that a reverse merger with a large private company is in the works. For a medical company just say that a friend is a doctor and seems like the FDA is just about to approve their new medical treatment. Also repeat these same steps on Yahoo stock message boards. After all this pumping its time to get into the dumping. When all is set and done your first stock should be up from .0001 to maybe .0012 for the week, netting you $480 for that week. Now find a 2nd stock and your $480 will make you $5760 for week 2 and if you continue pumping and dumping stocks take a few hundred bucks and pay off all your friends to help you pump. In a month you will have made... $829,440!!!!!:cool:

My suggestion:
week 1: empty shell stock
week 2: medical stock
week 3: mining stock
week 4: homeland security stock

E-town-guy

yellowjacket said:
This isn't a blackjack strategy but anyway here it is:
I call this one "The $40 to $829,440 in 4 weeks" strategy..or the "pump and dump" for short and it works believe me!
This actually sounds like a good idea!

Sonny

yellowjacket said:
So let me get this straight…you are advocating the use of multiple aliases as a means to generate false statements which will manipulate the stock market? You also encourage the blind purchase of stock from an unknown company that has been flailing for at least a year and shows no signs of rebounding? Should we also do a “trend analysis” of the market and look for upcoming “switchbacks?”

I always get nervous when someone’s advice involves phrases like “make sure to make them seem legit.”

-Sonny-

Sonny said:
I always get nervous when someone’s advice involves phrases like “make sure to make them seem legit.”

-Sonny-
Yeah I get about a dozen junk faxes a week that are based on exactly this principle. Always for a OTC;BB or Pink Sheets stock. I started saving the faxes to see exactly what effect they have on the price of the stock, and it does indeed work, but just barely. I'm sure the same clowns who are sending the faxes are also spreading the internet rumors, etc. But it doesn't look any more profitable than playing blackjack. And it's illegal.

ScottH

Sonny said:
So let me get this straight…you are advocating the use of multiple aliases as a means to generate false statements which will manipulate the stock market? You also encourage the blind purchase of stock from an unknown company that has been flailing for at least a year and shows no signs of rebounding? Should we also do a “trend analysis” of the market and look for upcoming “switchbacks?”

-Sonny-
I'm pretty sure it's illegal to generate false statements to get a stock to go up in price.