Blackjack and Card Counting Forums - BlackjackInfo.com

Old September 5th, 2011, 07:24 PM

I play the lucky ladies when the count justifies it.

One time I got queen of hearts pair and the dealer had blackjack, but no bet out, count didn't justify betting it then...
Old September 6th, 2011, 07:15 AM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclist View Post

One time I got queen of hearts pair and the dealer had blackjack, but no bet out, count didn't justify betting it then...
I bet everyone started betting it even though the key queens were depleted. Nice discipline. I usually only touch it when it is justified and I am winning my big bets. It looks more like trying to ride a big lucky stretch than, hey, the count is high let's bet the side bet with my big counting bets. So far I seem to more or less break even on it with this strategy. Maybe a little ahead. Very small sampling, statistically insignificant.
Old October 28th, 2011, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclist View Post

same here...saw it on the 3rd hand out of the shoe a few weeks ago. Of course, there's all sorts of fanfare from the dealer, who then kept pointing at my empty Lucky Ladies sidebet circle before each hand for the rest of the night.
Old October 28th, 2011, 09:48 AM

I too will play it when the count justifies it and when winning max bets. I hit the 2 queens with dealer Ace up but she did not have BJ. $5 bet at 200-1 payout in this store was a nice score. For the small amount of times I play it, that one win may put me "up for life" on that side bet.
Old October 28th, 2011, 12:17 PM

I had a TC of +8 with a $10 side bet got 2 Qof hearts with the Ace up, asked for insurance. The ONLY time where i wish the dealer had the natural but of course didn't. Good night, 2 weeks later I got the "tap" playing that same dealer.
Old October 29th, 2011, 08:42 PM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by southAP View Post
I had a TC of +8 with a $10 side bet got 2 Qof hearts with the Ace up, asked for insurance. The ONLY time where i wish the dealer had the natural but of course didn't. Good night, 2 weeks later I got the "tap" playing that same dealer.
If I have big bets out and take insurance on crappy matchups I always hope the dealer has a blackjack. I get an immediate push in a very bad scenario without eating up the cards. Win, win, win.
Old October 30th, 2011, 12:04 AM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaygruden View Post
I too will play it when the count justifies it and when winning max bets. I hit the 2 queens with dealer Ace up but she did not have BJ. $5 bet at 200-1 payout in this store was a nice score. For the small amount of times I play it, that one win may put me "up for life" on that side bet.
Why was your bet so small? What was the count?
Old October 30th, 2011, 12:05 AM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by southAP View Post
I had a TC of +8 with a $10 side bet got 2 Qof hearts with the Ace up, asked for insurance.
Same question: why so small?
Old October 30th, 2011, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
Why was your bet so small? What was the count?
This was in my first few months of counting when I was still red-chipping. Had a count of +6 (Unbalanced KO)......Playing 8D $10 table, spreading $10-$200. I played nothing on LL until +6 then played $5, I'll jump to $10 at +8. You think this is too low relative to table bet/spread at those counts?
Old October 30th, 2011, 11:05 PM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaygruden View Post
This was in my first few months of counting when I was still red-chipping. Had a count of +6 (Unbalanced KO)......Playing 8D $10 table, spreading $10-$200. I played nothing on LL until +6 then played $5, I'll jump to $10 at +8. You think this is too low relative to table bet/spread at those counts?
Yes, at *8 bet $25