Blackjack and Card Counting Forums - BlackjackInfo.com

  #11  
Old August 5th, 2011, 12:54 PM
paymypush paymypush is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 68
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember Remember View Post
It didn't work out well last time they tried it. How is the traffic on those tables? Hopefully it'll be low and they will re-learn their lesson.

We need to convince ploppies that CSMs constantly "change the flow of cards" and that they are inherently evil.
This is pit 2 which has 10 blackjack tables. Six of these are outfitted with the ONE2SIX CSM's. I agree that the placement of these machines in this particular pit is very odd. I checked just before noon today and there were three tables open, all with CSM's and all at $10 minimums. One was dead, one had 4 players betting light green to black, and the third had a heads up player betting 2X$50 and spreading to 2X$100. The discards were returned to the machine after every hand although one of the relief dealers would occasionally forget.

The Wizard of Odds has stated that the house edge is slightly decreased on a CSM but of course the hands per hour are increased most likely negating that small difference.

If players go for this I can only imagine what will be next- an ante to pay for the CSM's?
  #12  
Old August 5th, 2011, 04:02 PM
winnawinna winnawinna is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 95
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paymypush View Post
This is pit 2 which has 10 blackjack tables. Six of these are outfitted with the ONE2SIX CSM's. I agree that the placement of these machines in this particular pit is very odd. I checked just before noon today and there were three tables open, all with CSM's and all at $10 minimums. One was dead, one had 4 players betting light green to black, and the third had a heads up player betting 2X$50 and spreading to 2X$100. The discards were returned to the machine after every hand although one of the relief dealers would occasionally forget.

The Wizard of Odds has stated that the house edge is slightly decreased on a CSM but of course the hands per hour are increased most likely negating that small difference.

If players go for this I can only imagine what will be next- an ante to pay for the CSM's?

Are they planning on CSMs on all of their tables or just the lower ones. Did they have any prior to this? MS has them at their low end tables $5 and some $10 ones.
  #13  
Old August 5th, 2011, 05:07 PM
paymypush paymypush is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 68
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnawinna View Post
Are they planning on CSMs on all of their tables or just the lower ones. Did they have any prior to this? MS has them at their low end tables $5 and some $10 ones.
Foxwoods is testing the waters which is what they love to do. My guess is that their plan is to do whatever they can to separate players from their money. If they push too far, they'll simply throttle back and play the hero. Yes, they've had these machines many times over their 19 year history. The main complaint was usually that the rental fee/commission to Shuffle Master was cost prohibitive.

Since the beginning of summer, Mohegan Sun has had at least 2 $5 games every day in the Winter Casino. These are 6 deck S17 and are grandfathered at $5. I've been monitoring the penetration and was seeing more and more at 75%. Today, however it was a dismal 2 to 2 1/4 deck cut. I haven't seen CSM's anywhere at MS other than the $5 H17 tables by the Sky Valet.
  #14  
Old August 5th, 2011, 06:22 PM
winnawinna winnawinna is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 95
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paymypush View Post
Foxwoods is testing the waters which is what they love to do. My guess is that their plan is to do whatever they can to separate players from their money. If they push too far, they'll simply throttle back and play the hero. Yes, they've had these machines many times over their 19 year history. The main complaint was usually that the rental fee/commission to Shuffle Master was cost prohibitive.

Since the beginning of summer, Mohegan Sun has had at least 2 $5 games every day in the Winter Casino. These are 6 deck S17 and are grandfathered at $5. I've been monitoring the penetration and was seeing more and more at 75%. Today, however it was a dismal 2 to 2 1/4 deck cut. I haven't seen CSM's anywhere at MS other than the $5 H17 tables by the Sky Valet.
Yes they are only at the $5 tables and some $10 tables on weekends where the $5 tables are.
  #15  
Old August 6th, 2011, 05:41 AM
paymypush paymypush is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 68
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnawinna View Post
Yes they are only at the $5 tables and some $10 tables on weekends where the $5 tables are.
I usually avoid casinos on the weekends. Are you saying that the $5 H17 tables at MS are now being raised to $10 or that there are other CSM's besides these 12?
  #16  
Old August 6th, 2011, 07:44 AM
winnawinna winnawinna is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 95
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paymypush View Post
I usually avoid casinos on the weekends. Are you saying that the $5 H17 tables at MS are now being raised to $10 or that there are other CSM's besides these 12?
On Saturday nights some of the $5 tables get raised to $10 but not all
  #17  
Old August 6th, 2011, 08:00 AM
paymypush paymypush is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 68
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnawinna View Post
On Saturday nights some of the $5 tables get raised to $10 but not all
So much for their commitment to keep them at $5, 24/7. I can't really blame them. There's almost always some green action at these tables on even the slowest of days with plenty of S17 available a few steps away.
  #18  
Old August 7th, 2011, 08:43 AM
Automatic Monkey's Avatar
Automatic Monkey Automatic Monkey is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 5,171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paymypush View Post
Foxwoods is testing the waters which is what they love to do. My guess is that their plan is to do whatever they can to separate players from their money. If they push too far, they'll simply throttle back and play the hero. Yes, they've had these machines many times over their 19 year history. The main complaint was usually that the rental fee/commission to Shuffle Master was cost prohibitive.

Since the beginning of summer, Mohegan Sun has had at least 2 $5 games every day in the Winter Casino. These are 6 deck S17 and are grandfathered at $5. I've been monitoring the penetration and was seeing more and more at 75%. Today, however it was a dismal 2 to 2 1/4 deck cut. I haven't seen CSM's anywhere at MS other than the $5 H17 tables by the Sky Valet.
And now that they're not paying their bills, the leasing cost is probably a non-issue now. When are they going to learn that CSM's are not accepted by anyone but the lowest of the low?
  #19  
Old August 8th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Joeb21 Joeb21 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 12
Default

I was at Foxwoods this weekend. I was playing and the dealer went to stop at soft 17 and then said oh I have to hit now. She explained the dealers got a memo that said in order to increase their blackjack revenue they are all hitting on S17. Another interesting thing was this dealer was cutting to 1 deck whereas the relief was using the old mark on the shoe and cutting to 2 decks.
  #20  
Old August 8th, 2011, 03:09 PM
johndoe johndoe is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,442
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeb21 View Post
I was at Foxwoods this weekend. I was playing and the dealer went to stop at soft 17 and then said oh I have to hit now. She explained the dealers got a memo that said in order to increase their blackjack revenue they are all hitting on S17. Another interesting thing was this dealer was cutting to 1 deck whereas the relief was using the old mark on the shoe and cutting to 2 decks.
I don't think it would be too out of line to ask that the relief use the "new" mark.
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:18 AM.


Forum Software vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2011 Bayview Strategies LLC