Blackjack and Card Counting Forums - BlackjackInfo.com

Old August 3rd, 2011, 07:45 PM

Default Any side counts worth anything in Lucky Ladies?

Is there a simple side count worth employing using HiLo in a 2d game playing LL10 - something that accounts for the high value of the queen of hearts maybe.

Something I was thinking- maybe queen of hearts valued at -3. 7's through 9's valued at +1.

Yes I put this question in another thread, but i'm so interested in knowing this that I figured i'd make a thread based solely on this question.

Last edited by FrankieT; August 3rd, 2011 at 10:38 PM.
Old August 3rd, 2011, 08:05 PM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieT View Post
Is there a simple side count worth employing using HiLo in a 2d game playing LL10? I gotta assume that the queen of hearts is worth counting.

Something like queen of heart valued cards -3???

$5k on a $25 bet would be nice...$25k would be pretty chipper as well.
How about Queen of hearts -4 and aces +1, divide the side count by 2 and add to hilo count. It would devalue the ace by half while adding importance to the heart queen. Aces should probably be devalued to 1/4 for better correlation to the EOR for the side bet. This is a nice compromise without recomputing the index. Just an educated guess.
Old August 4th, 2011, 09:18 AM

PM sent.

-Sonny-
Old August 4th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Banned

The last time I played LL for high stakes, I just used the Insurance Count. It was a DD game so I just raised my strike point after I saw one QH, and lowered it if I went halfway through the pack without seeing a QH. It was a very profitable session, complemented by 100% of my insurance bets paying off. The Insurance Count is not the best thing for playing or betting but it is surprisingly adequate, if you can get enough down on a sidebet.
Old August 13th, 2011, 11:31 AM

Supposedly it's valuable in +6.5 tc.

I like the square pairs bet 4-1 on any 20, the dealers card is meaningless in this. Plus it pays 1000-1 on pair of queen of hearts in a DD game. If the count is +4 with no Qh's out then bet $100 on your and and $25 on the side bet (thats the max where I played).

Super pairs just bets you have a pair, unlike tens do not count (I think a unlike tens should be a push). The payout is 15-1 the odds are 17-1. I think I lost $4 in single bets just to look like a ploppie, but I had a feeling that I'd win one and bet $5 and won $75. The dealer told me it's one you have to have a feeling it's going to win. Not scientific, but since unlike tens have no value there is no way to count.

If only a few types of cards had come out there might be a slightly improved chance that you'd get a pair later, but this didnt test well. You could wait till you hadnt had a pair in the last 20 hands then bet $1 for 5 hands, the $5 for 5 hands, then $25 for 5 hands. But that has no science behind it and would be called a voodoo betting strategy, stick to counting.