Blackjack and Card Counting Forums - BlackjackInfo.com

  #41  
Old August 17th, 2011, 05:30 AM
tthree tthree is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,277
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRX View Post
Is this a troll? Are you seriously suggesting that team play of any kind at casino games is illegal? Your history at this site suggests more sophistication!
It was a question. I know when I worked on a team the last thing we wanted was the casino to know about it. I didn't ask why. Maybe it threatens comps. I just knew to keep it on the down low.
  #42  
Old August 17th, 2011, 06:38 AM
Wookets's Avatar
Wookets Wookets is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 223
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthree View Post
It was a question. I know when I worked on a team the last thing we wanted was the casino to know about it. I didn't ask why. Maybe it threatens comps. I just knew to keep it on the down low.
Teams generally consist of APs, not ploppies. I'd guess that's the reason casinos fear them, not comps. being threatened. What's more scary than people that can beat you at your own game?
  #43  
Old October 13th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Bentley Bentley is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2
Default Please define spooking.

Please define spooking. I'm confused as to its usage here.
  #44  
Old October 13th, 2011, 01:18 PM
Southpaw's Avatar
Southpaw Southpaw is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley View Post
Please define spooking. I'm confused as to its usage here.
I think what the two are doing in this video could be considered spooking:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYa1IsxGVuc

Basically, the reader is not sitting at the table as the table that he is reading. He may be standing somewhere in the casino or sitting at a nearby table with an opportune angle.
  #45  
Old October 13th, 2011, 01:21 PM
Southpaw's Avatar
Southpaw Southpaw is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 490
Default

P.S.--After reading Bentley's revival of this thread, I reread my OP and decided that it contains too much information. I think the only reason nobody complained about it is that few took the time to read it.

IC&T and Sonny, please delete my OP if you get a moment.

Spaw
  #46  
Old October 13th, 2011, 01:41 PM
Sonny's Avatar
Sonny Sonny is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 4,748
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
P.S.--After reading Bentley's revival of this thread, I reread my OP and decided that it contains too much information. I think the only reason nobody complained about it is that few took the time to read it.

IC&T and Sonny, please delete my OP if you get a moment.

Spaw
You got it. I kept a backup copy if you change your mind.

-Sonny-
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:23 AM.


Forum Software vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2011 Bayview Strategies LLC