Blackjack and Card Counting Forums - BlackjackInfo.com

  #11  
Old August 27th, 2011, 11:19 AM
tthree tthree is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,277
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
Crash of 2011 Could Come as Early as Next Week!
This weekend will set the tone for the next month and to a certain extent, the rest of the year. Here is the scenario we are monitoring, this weekend Ben Bernanke will meet in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, with other bankers and global elites to decide the near term and long term fate of the stock market. Yesterday, the Dow Jones rallied 322 points despite economic numbers that came out in the morning that confirmed the U.S. is indeed in the second down leg of a very long depression. U.S. sales of new homes declined for the 3rd straight month, in fact, they are on pace for the worst year on record. According to the Commerce Department, sales fell to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 298,000, this is 25% lower than 2 years ago during the "official recession" and 70% lower than in the bubble (Keynesian Normalcy) years.
You better watch out ZG point out we are in the second leg of a very long depression will get you on Qfit's ignore list. He knows the economy rebounded under Obama but it is only doing poorly now because the House is in control of the republicans. Obama's extension of the Bush bail outs were a total failure under Bush but a huge success under Obama. Now Obama is failing because a small minority of the house has the Tea Party representing them. It is a very well thought out analysis that is not hypocritical at all.
  #12  
Old August 27th, 2011, 10:17 PM
aslan's Avatar
aslan aslan is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 8,683
Default

One side wants to stimulate the patient by bleeding him. The other side wants to stimulate the patient by administering proper diet, exercise, antibiotics, oxygen and pain killer. Now don't yell at me. I didn't identify which side is which. Maybe I had an epiphany.
  #13  
Old August 27th, 2011, 10:22 PM
aslan's Avatar
aslan aslan is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 8,683
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moo321 View Post
I hope when you say "actual economists" you don't mean Keynesians. Because Keynes is absolutely refuted by evidence showing the balanced budget multiplier is less than 1, not 1/marginal tax rate as he claimed.
What up with that? Can you explain? I am not challenging; I just want to understand what you are saying.
  #14  
Old August 28th, 2011, 01:32 AM
Solo player's Avatar
Solo player Solo player is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 242
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinist View Post
OH Hogwash!!!!! The great one has a plan that will be disclosed to the masses as soon as he gets back from his oh so important vacation.
Ask Qphit.

Machinist
Along with blaming everyone else and not admitting his own leadership failures in his economic policies.
  #15  
Old August 28th, 2011, 05:12 AM
QFIT's Avatar
QFIT QFIT is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NO LONGER HERE
Posts: 2,884
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
One side wants to stimulate the patient by bleeding him. The other side wants to stimulate the patient by administering proper diet, exercise, antibiotics, oxygen and pain killer. Now don't yell at me. I didn't identify which side is which. Maybe I had an epiphany.
Any one can see we have a jobs problem. Clearly the conservatives wish to bleed the patient. The country has far too few jobs. The conservatives wish to cure this by firing 700,000 people. Be careful with analogies.
  #16  
Old August 28th, 2011, 06:27 AM
aslan's Avatar
aslan aslan is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 8,683
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by QFIT View Post
Any one can see we have a jobs problem. Clearly the conservatives wish to bleed the patient. The country has far too few jobs. The conservatives wish to cure this by firing 700,000 people. Be careful with analogies.
I hope you are making it through the hurricane unscathed. Flooding and power outages seem to be a continuing threat. We did fine here in the DC area, but you can't be too careful with all this wind, rain and storm surge for some. My cousin in Long Beach wisely moved farther inland.

The analogy was deliberately meant to fit either side however they wished to see it.
  #17  
Old August 28th, 2011, 08:11 AM
blackjack avenger's Avatar
blackjack avenger blackjack avenger is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,267
Default first stimulus failure

The infrastructure in this country is collapsing.
When the recession hit the construction industry was hit hard.
Stimulus spending should have been used to employ construction workers to repair the infrastructure.
The Dems were in charge so they are to blame for the failure.

So much has been borrowed that we cannot afford another poor stimulus plan or perhaps even a good one without causing more massive inflation.

Let's not forget Obama's 6 front war and its cost.

Inflation is high if you look at food & energy, those things that matter, so the government borrowing/printing more money to try to inflate the economy makes inflation worse.

The government probably does need to contract out of the economy. The government produces little to nothing. The money & people the government takes out of the private sector means fewer are in the private sector, where wealth & products are created.

30 hr work week to create jobs
Tariff on imports to promote American industry, I think the ratio is now 75% import to 25% export? Other nations have no way to retaliate. Our top export is food, is the world going to stop eating?
Open up the natural resources: oil, gas, coal & minerals

Last edited by blackjack avenger; August 28th, 2011 at 08:17 AM.
  #18  
Old August 28th, 2011, 08:19 AM
QFIT's Avatar
QFIT QFIT is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NO LONGER HERE
Posts: 2,884
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjack avenger View Post
The infrastructure in this country is collapsing.
When the recession hit the construction industry was hit hard.
Stimulus spending should have been used to employ construction workers to repair the infrastructure.
The Dems were in charge so they are to blame for the failure.

So much has been borrowed that we cannot afford another poor stimulus plan or perhaps even a good one without causing more massive inflation.

Let's not forget Obama's 6 front war and its cost.

Inflation is high if you look at food & energy, those things that matter, so the government borrowing/printing more money to try to inflate the economy makes inflation worse.

The government probably does need to contract out of the economy. The government produces little to nothing. The money & people the government takes out of the private sector means fewer are in the private sector, where wealth & products are created.

30 hr work week to create jobs
Tariff on imports to promote American industry, I think the ratio is now 75% import to 25% export? Other nations have no way to retaliate. Our top export is food, is the world going to stop eating?
Open up the natural resources: oil, gas, coal & minerals
So, the wars are Obama's fault and failure to spend money to stimulate the economy is Obama's fault. I guess the hurricane is too. And why did Obama make brussels sprouts taste so bitter?
  #19  
Old August 28th, 2011, 08:21 AM
QFIT's Avatar
QFIT QFIT is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NO LONGER HERE
Posts: 2,884
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
I hope you are making it through the hurricane unscathed. Flooding and power outages seem to be a continuing threat. We did fine here in the DC area, but you can't be too careful with all this wind, rain and storm surge for some. My cousin in Long Beach wisely moved farther inland.
Seems to have fizzled out here. There is no rain or wind at the moment in Midtown, and the I heard nothing last night. I believe the grocery store at the end of the block is open. But, a couple of hours to see.

Quote:
The analogy was deliberately meant to fit either side however they wished to see it
Well done.
  #20  
Old August 28th, 2011, 08:45 AM
blackjack avenger's Avatar
blackjack avenger blackjack avenger is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,267
Default take tesponsibility for ones actions

Quote:
Originally Posted by QFIT View Post
So, the wars are Obama's fault and failure to spend money to stimulate the economy is Obama's fault. I guess the hurricane is too. And why did Obama make brussels sprouts taste so bitter?
Obama stepped up attacks in Yemen, Pakistan & went into Libya.
Got bin laden so easy to declare victory & come home from Afghanistan.

Obama was president & gave the Democratic controlled house reign over stimulus spending. He did not know our infrastructure was failing? He is a combination of ignorant & inept.

He has put the clamps on energy in this country. Ignorant & inept. Our armies are stomping all over the world because of energy while we dont drill here. Russia is once again becoming a super power because of oil & Iran is making the bomb.
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:24 AM.


Forum Software vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2011 Bayview Strategies LLC