Some simple, but effective moves that hold some sway in my opinion:
1) always cap your bets with one or two red chips or one or two green chips (for black chippers)
. You're bet adjustments won't be as obvious compared to someone who just goes from red to green and it will make you're bets look less precise.
2) If you win or push a hand, collect the money as soon as possible
(as soon as the dealer's hands leave the bet). This is so if you have to make a bet adjustment the next round you don't have to make an obvious change of bet.
3) Always get you're bet out there before the ploppies
- don't ever be the last guy to throw out your bet. This means having the true count ready in you're head after the last card hits the felt.
4) Don't use a huge bet ramp so you aren't constantly making changes to the bets
. 4-6 different bets from min to max.
5) Insure on you're very first min bet insurance hand, and split on you're very first min bet 20
(in which the dealer has a 4 through 6). This will be encased in the dealer's/pit bosses memory for the entire time, so it will not be as unusual when you do it on a high bet. You can do a few other min bet goofy moves (moves that you'd only do on a high count) so it doesn't seem like you only do those moves on high counts; but again, just do it the first time around so it has the maximum impact.
7) Don't use huge stacks of red or green chips when betting
(I.E.betting all red on $30 or more bets, or betting all green on $150 or more bets).
8) Going from a high bet at the end of a shoe to min bet at the beginning of another shoe is one of the most obvious counter moves in my opinion
; especially if you are going from two hands to one hand
-Bet the first hand of a session as double min bet on two hands (unless you only play one handed)
-Bet at least double you're minimum bet on the first hand if you ended the previous shoe on a big bet. If you are at one hand min bet the final hand of a shoe, you can stay at one hand one bet the beginning of the next shoe.
-Either always bet on two hands all the time or just bet on two hands on the first hand of the shoe, but go back to one hand when the count dips below 0
9) Always having a beer in front of you and always make sure to loudly proclaim the type of drink you want to the cocktail waittress. Always act way drunker than you are (slurring speech works good).
10) Talk incessently and try to look at the ploppies even if it's gibberish or boring. Surveillance will see that you are looking at people and talking. If you use a level 2 or greater count this can be difficult. If there's no ploppies at the table, talk to the dealer. K-O or Hi-Lo are great because you can easily count from out of the corner of you're eye.
11) Get emotional about large wins and large losses. Turn it into drama queen type stuff, especially on large bets. On losses, swear a little and throw out the cards in a manner similar to that of an angry brat ; hand pumping ploppies on wins works good. Don't be so excessive that it will piss off the dealer or get you in trouble.
12) Wearing a cowboy hat or hip-hop apparel automatically subtracts 20 IQ points for you in the mind of pits/dealers/and surveillance.
A great book to read is Burning the Tables by Ian Anderson