Blackjack and Card Counting Forums - BlackjackInfo.com

Old September 15th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Executive Member

Default Obama apologizes to our enemies again

See http://security.blogs.cnn.com/2011/0...tan/?hpt=hp_t2
Old September 15th, 2011, 04:29 PM
Executive Member

Did I miss something. No Obama apology, just a military action he had nothing to do with other than possibly okaying another attack in a country we are not at war with. Did he get the Pakistani Government's approval to do the operation? Or was this another power drunk president thinking he is above international law.
Old September 15th, 2011, 04:53 PM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthree View Post
another attack in a country we are not at war with..
After he gained the nomination and before he was elected, he DID tell us that he would do this; if you remember. Probably the ONLY campaign promise he's kept.
Old September 15th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Executive Member

I agree. But, ‘tis a problem.

He promised to get rid of Guantanamo. G is a huge embarrassment to the US. It was purposely created to allow violation of US law and Geneva Conventions. It is a moral and practical failure. (In fact its geographic position is an embarrassment as it points out our past support for Batista, a disgusting dictator.) But, every attempt he has made to close it has been fought by Congress and the states. Even states that said they would welcome the prisoners (for more jobs) were blocked. We have to realize that Dem presidents have little power as any Senator can block legislation, and Republican Senators do at every available moment. This did NOT happen when Bush was president. Dems allowed him to invade Iraq and appoint a horse-showman to head FEMA, a mine-owner to head mine safety, a person that didn’t believe in gov’t ownership of land to run gov’t lands, etc. The current Congress has blocked most appointments, and then cynically said that gov’t can’t do anything.

He promised us healthcare. He partly did. I am aghast at the people that think universal healthcare is evil. We are the only industrialized country that lets people die if they don’t pay some company money in advance. This is like the old fire companies that would only put out a fire if your house had an emblem saying you paid them. (The MAFIA calls this “protection.”) What is really odd, is that evangelicals are against universal healthcare. Is this what they learned from the Samaritan Parable? In any case, he won. Now, a company can no longer drop you when you get sick. Now, a company can no longer claim that you had a preexisting condition when you switch jobs (just got a letter from my new insurance company telling me I’m safe due to the new law. At my age, that is extremely important.) Alas, every Rep candidate says they will kill the bill. They claim they will keep the good parts. Impossible if they don’t enforce the rule that makes everyone a part of the system. That’s how community works.

He promised to get us out of murderous foreign adventures. He is pulling out of Iraq, far too slowly in my mind. But, if you break it, you own it. I agree with the old Phil Oaks song that suggested you just declare victory and leave. But, we have so horribly damaged a country, it’s hard to know what to do. As for Afghanistan, like Iraq, I said we should never have bombed them. I said this the day after a hole was put on the island on which I live and after people we knew died. I smelled the death from that hole for a year. (Took a year for the fire to die.) But, attacking the people of a country for what foreigners in that country did, is sick – and very costly in so many ways. I think we should leave, post haste. But, it is odd to see criticism from the Right when Obama has killed so many people in al Qaeda. There will actually be people criticizing Obama for killing the number one al Qaeda leader. That is how bad politics has become. If Obama walked on water, they would claim he took money from Poseidon.

As for fixing the economy, Congress will not let him do anything. They want him to fail. Nearly every economist says stimulate, and he isn’t even allowed to use the word. Perry said the stimulus bill created ZERO jobs (despite the independent CBO evaluation that millions were saved or created). But, half of the stimulus was tax cuts. So, is Perry saying that tax cuts create ZERO jobs? Think about that.

We are in deep doodoo. We need to do something. The Congress has made it clear that they will block absolutely everything, even programs that they suggested and used to support. Congress has an 18% approval rating due to this idiocy, and these people still claim they are doing the “will of the people.” What people?

People need jobs. Our infrastructure is crumbling and needs workers to fix it. Do these people not understand that there is a disconnect here? Do they actually believe that a company sitting on billions of dollars, or a billionaire sitting on mounds of cash, or a hedge-fund manager that pays almost no taxes, will somehow start hiring people if they just don’t have to pay a couple cents more on the dollar of profit?

As far as the naughty words “redistribution of wealth.” Our constructed society is that which gives massive funds to Paris Hilton, or allows Donald Trump to live royally while his bondholders lose their shirts, over and over and over. This IS redistribution of wealth. Redistribution of wealth is what gave them the money in the first place. Did Trump dig for the gold in his plebeian faucets? Does anyone actually believe that it is in the natural order of things that Paris Hilton is rich? That taxing her is “redistribution of wealth?” I missed that in Genesis.

Reductio ad absurdum: Suppose the world was made of 20 people, and resources were sparse. Should one person have all the good stuff, because he got it from his parents or learned how to cheat the other 19? Is this the Evangelical view of society?

Hey, just wonderin’.

Old September 15th, 2011, 09:25 PM
Executive Member

What a political troll Qfit is.
Paragraph 1) If you elect a president to do congresses job because you are not educated enough to know the difference you will be disappointed unless congress does what you elected the president to do. If you understand the president's powers and vote accordingly you may be disappointed but that will be the president that disappoints you. Unfortunately the things that are under the president's authority are rarely discussed by any candidate. They all run on things the congress can only do.

Paragraph 2) More trolling. He has posted numerous times that we don't let people die under our current healthcare system. When the new healthcare that congress passed that somehow got Obama's name attached to it is implemented it will not be any different. The only difference is poor people that can't afford insurance will have their resources further depleted by huge tax penalties. As for protection. I HAVE to buy car insurance if I want to drive a car. If I have a loan on the car I HAVE to buy collision insurance for the car. If I have a loan on my house I HAVE to have homeowners insurance. All this is to assure the people will get payed what is owed them should tragedy happen. That is all that you have with health insurance. You are free to risk not being able to get what you need if tragedy happens if you don't owe for what is lost. If you want to want to assure you get made whole you have insurance. If you feel it is to expensive, stop the crazy lawsuit settlements that everyone with insurance or receiving healthcare ultimately pays for and allow more competition by making health insurance interstate commerce. I live in a very liberal state, all those things that the insurance companies can no longer do they couldn't do in my state anyway. Simply allowing people to by insurance across state lines would have every insurance company trying to stay alive by competing with these rules. Basically change to these rules or parish.

Paragraph 3) Obama killed Bin Laden? When did he become a navy seal? The date Bush said we would be out of Iraq (like we could believe that) came and went yet we still have almost 100,000 troops there. As for Afghanistan, he could have pulled out of that as well. These are the powers of the president. He also attacked 2 foreign nations without congressional approval, not within his power!!! Foreign wars are the foundation of Keynesian economics. As long as we are listening to them we will continue attacking other nations around the world.

Paragraph 4) The economy is in the toilet because the government is trying to "help". If they would get out of the way small businesses would hire and expand and become medium businesses and hire even more etc. That is how America always clawed back from recession. Keynesian economists refuse to let it happen this time. They want to make the rich richer and make everyone else poor.

Paragraph 5) The question isn't will these people stop hiring. The question is why aren't they hiring now. As I ask the small businessmen that usually keep me busy why they are no longer hiring they say government regulation and uncertainty of government regulation. The main one is health care. If it had been implemented immediately it would not be stopping them from hiring. It might have them hiring fewer employees than they otherwise would have though but by delaying implementation nobody knows how it will be implemented. How much is that new employee really going to cost me... wait until 2014 to find out then you can hire the appropriate number of employees.

Paragraph 6) As for redistribution of wealth. That's all we have under Obama. Take from the poor and middle class and give to the rich.

Last edited by tthree; September 15th, 2011 at 11:20 PM.
Old September 15th, 2011, 11:02 PM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QFIT View Post
I am aghast at the people that think universal healthcare is evil.
Universal health care WOULD be a great thing - would it not? I'M aghast at the number of people who actually think ObamaCare IS universal health care! Fact is; it's nothing more than compulsory health insurance.
Old September 15th, 2011, 11:21 PM
Executive Member

http://4enlightenment.blogspot.com/2...endencies.html
Attached Images

Last edited by Katweezel; September 15th, 2011 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Uncle Sam's finger
Old September 16th, 2011, 12:37 AM
Executive Member

Quote:
Balderdash! zg
See - http://www.zenzoneforum.com/threads/...e-9-11-Blather!
Old September 16th, 2011, 03:00 AM
Executive Member

Quote:
I guess he didn't apologize. In any case, what is there to apologize for? After all, $1B bribe money per year buys you the whole Paki fort, doesn't it?
A few primitives get their wishes and go to their paradise is a cause for celebration for them. In this dirty, illegal war full of dirty tricks, drones, opium, heroin, bribery and bulk local goverment corruption - mixed with the usual CIA shenanigans - there are no rules. TWO long-winded wars that must already have cost the earth must surely by now have made the US public fed up with the whole damn charade... When will they rise up and put a stop to this Empire nonsense?
Old September 16th, 2011, 06:08 AM
Executive Member

Qfit, why do you continue these rants? I would think as an intellectual, miles smarter than the vast majority of us you wouldn't be wasting your time with this political drither.
I ponder your thoughts on Weiners seat going to the evil ones!!! I am assuming your pretty close if not in his district?
What I see is the hard left, which is you, are so close to losing your short lived power trip that you guys can barely sleep anymore.
How does business work Qfit??
GO TEA PARTY!!!!
Machinist