Blackjack and Card Counting Forums - BlackjackInfo.com

Old October 4th, 2011, 11:23 AM

Default Room Comps at Four Queens

A few hours of 25 cent play on +EV VP has resulted in some free room offers at the Four Queens, I'm happy to report. Can anyone comment on the state of the rooms? I realize they are dated and small, but that doesn't bother me. Hell, nothing outside of bed bugs bothers me. But the GF struggles with allergies and is squeamish when it comes to dirty digs. My main concerns: smoke smell in non-smoking rooms (unfortunately this problem exists in many low-roller joints) and dirty bathrooms. Any/all input appreciated.
Old October 4th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Executive Member

The rooms in the back tower are nicer, but if you are there on a low roller comp, you'll almost always get the front tower. 4Q is one of the only places in Vegas where the infamous $20 trick will not get you an upgrade or even a tower change.
I generally stay in a non-smoking room and can't say I've ever been bothered by either smell or dirt, but I'm not hyper-sensitive.
Great coffe shop, btw.
Old October 4th, 2011, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadroch View Post
The rooms in the back tower are nicer, but if you are there on a low roller comp, you'll almost always get the front tower.
Thanks for the info. I take it the FSE show is audible in the front tower. How loud is it in the rooms? Is it a problem if you're trying to sleep?
Old October 4th, 2011, 04:54 PM
Executive Member

most of the rooms in the front tower face away from it. I've never had a problem with the noise or lights. They have blackout curtains in the rooms.
Old October 5th, 2011, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadroch View Post
Great coffe shop, btw.
Agreed. I used a room offer there a couple months ago and had no problems with the room.

Homeschool
Old November 29th, 2011, 09:54 PM

Default Your Mileage May Vary

I redeemed my comp at 4Q a few weeks ago. As expected, I got a room in the Front Tower, and it matched my expectations. Small, relatively clean, outdated, no smoke scent. I had no problem with noise from the FSE, as my room did not face the street.

I did have one problem, however. I suffered a few insect bites, likely while I was asleep. It was not the dreaded bedbugs - the bites do not match the pattern, and I checked for the little bastards myself - but some kind of insect nonetheless. Ordinarily this kind of bite would just be a nuisance, but the fecking thing bit me in a sensitive area that led to a few doctor visits and a round of medications. Nothing permanent, but a major inconvenience.

Please keep this in mind. You may want to push for a back tower room.
Old November 29th, 2011, 11:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by darco77 View Post
I redeemed my comp at 4Q a few weeks ago. As expected, I got a room in the Front Tower, and it matched my expectations. Small, relatively clean, outdated, no smoke scent. I had no problem with noise from the FSE, as my room did not face the street.

I did have one problem, however. I suffered a few insect bites, likely while I was asleep. It was not the dreaded bedbugs - the bites do not match the pattern, and I checked for the little bastards myself - but some kind of insect nonetheless. Ordinarily this kind of bite would just be a nuisance, but the fecking thing bit me in a sensitive area that led to a few doctor visits and a round of medications. Nothing permanent, but a major inconvenience.

Jesus Christ! I've had some bad and dirty rooms, but never one where I checked out with insect bites on my parts.

Could be fleas, spiders, centipedes, fire ants.
Old November 30th, 2011, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automatic Monkey View Post
Jesus Christ! I've had some bad and dirty rooms, but never one where I checked out with insect bites on my parts.

Could be fleas, spiders, centipedes, fire ants.

Old November 30th, 2011, 05:44 AM
Executive Member

Default Likely candidates

The succubus is getting a little wrong. I have never been bitten by a bedbug that I am aware of. Another one I have been fortunate enough to avoid was crabs. I am guessing that they would have taken up residence in the bushes down there so the doctor would have found them out. Scabies (mites) is another likely candidate. If you were covered mosquitos are an unlikely but worth considering candidate. They can bite through layers of fabric were they are tight to the skin. We all know what happens down there during the sleep cycle. That could make any fabric tight to the skin.
Old November 30th, 2011, 10:24 AM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darco77 View Post

Seems to me if you could prove that the bites came from the room then 4Q is liable here!