Blackjack and Card Counting Forums - BlackjackInfo.com

Old November 30th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darco77 View Post
I redeemed my comp at 4Q a few weeks ago. As expected, I got a room in the Front Tower, and it matched my expectations. Small, relatively clean, outdated, no smoke scent. I had no problem with noise from the FSE, as my room did not face the street.

I did have one problem, however. I suffered a few insect bites, likely while I was asleep. It was not the dreaded bedbugs - the bites do not match the pattern, and I checked for the little bastards myself - but some kind of insect nonetheless. Ordinarily this kind of bite would just be a nuisance, but the fecking thing bit me in a sensitive area that led to a few doctor visits and a round of medications. Nothing permanent, but a major inconvenience.

Please keep this in mind. You may want to push for a back tower room.
Doesn't matter which tower you're in if she has crabs. Pick up a bottle of "Quell" lotion and proceed!

BillyC1
Old November 30th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Executive Member

I don't know how many of you do this, but you should always take the bedspread off the beds as soon as you walk in the room. Sheets are changed on a daily basis, blankets are changed frequently, but bedspreads stay for months at a time unless the maid notices something wrong. Laying down watching tv on the bedspread is an accident waiting to happen. Fold it up and place it in the far corner of the room, the place you will less likely to be near.
If you are going to lay down watching tv, lay on the sheets, not the blankets. If your room has sofas, wear as much clothes as you can when sitting on them. They are cleaned perhaps once a year, barring visable damage.
It doesn't matter if you are staying at The Wild Wild West or at the Wynn.
The only thing disinfected by your maid is your toilet seat.
Old November 30th, 2011, 01:02 PM

Shad - Love your advice.
Old November 30th, 2011, 10:26 PM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadroch View Post
If you are going to lay down watching tv, lay on the sheets, not the blankets. If your room has sofas, wear as much clothes as you can when sitting on them. They are cleaned perhaps once a year, barring visable damage.
I took my dad to Las Vegas. We stayed at one of the nicest hotels on the Strip. So I don't mind letting my dad sit on sofa in his underwear.

Then the next day he had acute inflammation on his legs. Treated him with Cortzone creme and the flame went away in a few hours. But now he remembered wearing long pants while sitting on sofa watching TV in the rest of the trip.

Hotel is not home. It only looks nice.
Old December 1st, 2011, 12:14 AM

I have found some things left in these rooms that I wished I didn't find. Clues of what previous occupants were doing.
Old December 1st, 2011, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingwind View Post
I have found some things left in these rooms that I wished I didn't find. Clues of what previous occupants were doing.
Books about card counting?
Old December 1st, 2011, 05:44 PM

Quote:
I don't know how many of you do this, but you should always take the bedspread off the beds as soon as you walk in the room. Sheets are changed on a daily basis, blankets are changed frequently, but bedspreads stay for months at a time unless the maid notices something wrong. Laying down watching tv on the bedspread is an accident waiting to happen. Fold it up and place it in the far corner of the room, the place you will less likely to be near.
Interestingly, the Cosmo is using a feather or cotton comforter insert between two sheets (top and bottom) to form their "bedspread"--this means that the exposed surfaces of the bedspread (the top and bottom comforter cover sheets, as well as the other bed sheets) are cleaned regularly. I'm not saying this eliminates potential problems, but it seems like a move in the right direction to me. I wonder if more hotels will move (have moved?) to this method.
Old December 1st, 2011, 06:42 PM
Executive Member

You can always bring your jungle hammock and hover while you sleep. That always works for me in the buggiest environs.
Old December 1st, 2011, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyepaintball12 View Post
Seems to me if you could prove that the bites came from the room then 4Q is liable here!
I consulted with a good friend, who is also an attorney. Given the specifics of my case, a lawsuit would be a waste of time.
Old December 1st, 2011, 10:10 PM

Default The Irony!

Quote:
I used to remove the bedspread religiously, and had gotten lazy with this in the last year or so. The first thing I did upon entering my room at 4Q was to remove the spread and throw it in the furthest corner.

And you are correct when you say it doesn't matter where you stay. I recently did a search of reviews on Trip Advisor for the word "bedbugs" and found reports at properties at both ends of the scale.