Blackjack and Card Counting Forums - BlackjackInfo.com

Old October 6th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Executive Member

Default Occupy Wall Street. What is going on here.

Here is a link to the manifesto of "Occupy Wall Street". This is what the originators of the movement have to say.

http://nycga.cc/2011/09/30/declarati...new-york-city/

I don't know how accurately they depicts the feelings of most protesters but they got it started. He sounds like a lefty who says just what I have been saying. I went to the one in Baltimore to see what was going on. There was no common thread among the protesters except that they are all pissed off about where we are today. You had people upset at corporate ownership of our politicians and big media. People upset about ecology. People upset with Obama both for being too liberal and others (more in my area obviously due to the political make up) upset because Obama is too conservative. Everyone is simply very upset with the status quo of big business, big media and big government working together against the interests of the American people. Who knows where it will go but hopefully it will shake things up as much as the Tea Party did. We sure need to change this course we have been on for decades. If the corporations don't get onboard soon they will loose control of the government and the media will become irrelevant.

I know the media will try to coopt this like the republican party did with the Tea Party movement. look to other sources like the one above if you want to have a shot at the real story.
Old October 6th, 2011, 10:12 AM
Executive Member

Reason had an amusing take:

http://reason.com/archives/2011/10/0...et-a-manifesto
Old October 6th, 2011, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoe View Post
whats funny about this is far from intentional. what he thinks is funny stems from his certainty that corporations can do no wrong. the fact that protesters haven't got it all figured out and aren't on the brink of death doesn't discredit them. the world is in a real strange time, just like it always is. our world is very clearly evolving into the world of idiocracy. people who are aware of it and are trying to create a movement shouldn't be ridiculed for being human in form. (i get that this is satire, but it is literaly so eager to criticize that it mocks them for something they havent even done yet...that they might lose vigor when it gets cold.) i cant believe the things that have been happening without consequence and people at the top need to see that people will still assemble. we are always finding out too late about awful things allowed to pass without recourse. i dont know what the mood is on the street but i wouldnt want to be a involved in a corporate-government scandal right now. look at whats happened around the world.
Old October 7th, 2011, 11:43 AM
Executive Member

When people are p*ss*d, put any target up there and they will take a whack at it. Not that they are necessarily related, the deliberate attempts to foster class warfare are not helping the climate in this country. We clearly have the most divisive Pr*s*d*nt in my lifetime. And those of you who claim our g*v*rnm*nt works on compromise... b*ll. The D*ms showed that the goal is to dominate as much as possible and to get your way without compromise if at all possible. (The price of losing the election, they say.) So with the T** P*rt*, I am not the least bit dismayed that they are not compromising. You can't have it both ways! As for the l*m*br**ns demonstrating on Wall Street... go home until you have a more coherent cause that can be rationally articulated like the T** P*rt*! Just my honest thoughts. Your ideas may vary.
Old October 7th, 2011, 12:02 PM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
When people are p*ss*d, put any target up there and they will take a whack at it. Not that they are necessarily related, the deliberate attempts to foster class warfare are not helping the climate in this country. We clearly have the most divisive Pr*s*d*nt in my lifetime. And those of you who claim our g*v*rnm*nt works on compromise... b*ll. The D*ms showed that the goal is to dominate as much as possible and to get your way without compromise if at all possible. (The price of losing the election, they say.) So with the T** P*rt*, I am not the least bit dismayed that they are not compromising. You can't have it both ways! As for the l*m*br**ns demonstrating on Wall Street... go home until you have a more coherent cause that can be rationally articulated like the T** P*rt*! Just my honest thoughts. Your ideas may vary.
I saw on TV a pretty good shot of one of the guys leading the protest.

My wife says hey look at that guy.........Does he look NORMal to you????

Heck no baby ...he doesn't look NORMal at all..

Could it be???? naw ....not possible
Machinist
Old October 7th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Executive Member

WATT we have here is a failure to communicate. Name:  smiley-violent021.gif
Views: 249
Size:  1.7 KB

Bad puppy!Name:  smiley-chores024.gif
Views: 251
Size:  5.9 KB
........Name:  dogshit.gif
Views: 5459
Size:  1.2 KB

Last edited by aslan; October 7th, 2011 at 12:34 PM.
Old October 7th, 2011, 12:38 PM

I don consider myself a liberal and probably wont vote for obama in 2012, but...

Quote:
republicans said they wouldnt accept $1 tax increase for $10 in spending cuts. the problem is when people pick arbitrary numbers and act like its sacrosanct. we currently have the lowest tax rate in any western country and lower than we've ever had ourselves. saying that the exact tax rate we're at now is important is just as dumb as when people accept even money on blackjack. "at least its a win."

ok, what if we offer you 2:1 instead?

"nah, even money, gotta book a win."

ok, 3:1?

"nah gotta book a win."

ok 10:1

"i like even money, cause then i know at least i cant lose"

"you cant lose either way! its blackjack! the worst you can do is tie! even if i draw to 21 you still win!"

"yeah, but at least i got a win this way"

even when obama offers to give republicans what they want they say no! what is more stubborn than that!?
Old October 7th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Executive Member

Then there's the protesters who don't even know what they're protesting:

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2011/...-at-questions/
Old October 7th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackriver View Post
I don consider myself a liberal and probably wont vote for obama in 2012, but...

republicans said they wouldnt accept $1 tax increase for $10 in spending cuts. the problem is when people pick arbitrary numbers and act like its sacrosanct. we currently have the lowest tax rate in any western country and lower than we've ever had ourselves. saying that the exact tax rate we're at now is important is just as dumb as when people accept even money on blackjack. "at least its a win."

ok, what if we offer you 2:1 instead?

"nah, even money, gotta book a win."

ok, 3:1?

"nah gotta book a win."

ok 10:1

"i like even money, cause then i know at least i cant lose"

"you cant lose either way! its blackjack! the worst you can do is tie! even if i draw to 21 you still win!"

"yeah, but at least i got a win this way"

even when obama offers to give republicans what they want they say no! what is more stubborn than that!?
Arrogance...
Remember how OB care came to pass...Remember the back door, cant stop us now attitude???? We control all.......I'm sure alot of people remember that...Remember that first 2 years.......????

Just saying man................

Machinist
Old October 7th, 2011, 01:12 PM
Executive Member

Quote:
WATT we have here is a failure to communicate. Attachment 8106

Bad puppy!Attachment 8107
........Attachment 8109

I know not of what you speak of Aslan!!!!!
If the shoe doesnt Quit fit.......................

Mac