Blackjack and Card Counting Forums - BlackjackInfo.com

Old October 7th, 2011, 02:14 PM
Executive Member

Default Better get your

best shot in while the gettin is good.......
This one is going down the crapper fast "Jim"......

Machinist
Old October 7th, 2011, 02:35 PM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackriver View Post
I don consider myself a liberal and probably wont vote for obama in 2012, but...

republicans said they wouldnt accept $1 tax increase for $10 in spending cuts. the problem is when people pick arbitrary numbers and act like its sacrosanct. we currently have the lowest tax rate in any western country and lower than we've ever had ourselves. saying that the exact tax rate we're at now is important is just as dumb as when people accept even money on blackjack. "at least its a win."

ok, what if we offer you 2:1 instead?

"nah, even money, gotta book a win."

ok, 3:1?

"nah gotta book a win."

ok 10:1

"i like even money, cause then i know at least i cant lose"

"you cant lose either way! its blackjack! the worst you can do is tie! even if i draw to 21 you still win!"

"yeah, but at least i got a win this way"

even when obama offers to give republicans what they want they say no! what is more stubborn than that!?
Thing is when drastic measures have already been taken, which many believe will bring this nation down, then equally drastic measures must be taken to correct the imbalance, not gradual piecemeal measures that will only ensure that the original measures have time to do their dirty work. That's the rationale, take it or leave it. I'm all for moderation when moderation is called for. But when drastic measures are called for, that's a different story. I take it you don't think the nation is in sorry shape and poised to go over the brink. Honest people can disagree. I happen to believe we're looking at out last chance to save what is great about this country for some pie-in-the-sky belief that you can (forcibly) spread the wealth and we'll all live happily ever after.
Old October 7th, 2011, 02:38 PM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinist View Post
best shot in while the gettin is good.......
This one is going down the crapper fast "Jim"......

Machinist
By Jim, you don't mean Captain Kirk, do you?
Old October 7th, 2011, 03:01 PM
Banned

Well I know what isn't going on here, and that's anything to do with flushing a toilet or washing hands.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/10/07...reet-protests/

They're going to leave tons of garbage, including their own wastes, for someone else to clean up. These are the people telling us how to run the country. After they are gone someone should do a photoessay, showing what they leave behind, and how that will be similar to what their beliefs will leave in their wake if ever put into practice.
Old October 7th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
By Jim, you don't mean Captain Kirk, do you?
I think so..............yeah that's right.....do I...??? hmmmm

Machinist
Old October 7th, 2011, 05:46 PM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinist View Post
I saw on TV a pretty good shot of one of the guys leading the protest.

My wife says hey look at that guy.........Does he look NORMal to you????

Heck no baby ...he doesn't look NORMal at all..

Could it be???? naw ....not possible
Machinist
IN WHAT BURG does this non NORMal guy live?
Old October 7th, 2011, 05:52 PM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoe View Post
Then there's the protesters who don't even know what they're protesting:

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2011/...-at-questions/
All they know is they are mad as h*ll and they aren't going to take it anymore.
Old October 8th, 2011, 01:36 AM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoe View Post
Then there's the protesters who don't even know what they're protesting:
If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.

-Malcolm X-
Old October 8th, 2011, 01:59 AM
Executive Member

Last night I had the dubious pleasure of sitting next to a rabid tea partier at a charity event we attended. She proceeded to inform the table that the average Federal worker now makes in excess of $150,000 a year, that there is a secret deal in place that will exempt all African Americans from ever having to pay their share of the national debt in return for not seeking reparations, that Congress recently passed some bill( she wasn't sure what is was called) that will give Walmart two trillion dollars and in return, all Congressmen will be eligible for Walmart pension plans when they retire,and a handful of other juicy nuggets- all in the first five minutes when we were supposed to introducing ourselves and our spouses to each other. The couple next to me excused themselves and left to find another table. We joined them. After dinner, she came over to our new table to explain to us how Obama has increased the tax code from some 500 pages to over 3000 and that "people who don't look like us no longer have to pay tax". When the first couple told her flat out that they were not here to discuss politics and would she please go bother someone else, she rose and said she had better things to do than talk to people brainwashed by the lamestream media and left in a huff. Her husband just sort of shrugged his shoulders and gave up a sheepish grin.
Old October 8th, 2011, 05:15 AM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadroch View Post
Last night I had the dubious pleasure of sitting next to a rabid tea partier at a charity event we attended. She proceeded to inform the table that the average Federal worker now makes in excess of $150,000 a year, that there is a secret deal in place that will exempt all African Americans from ever having to pay their share of the national debt in return for not seeking reparations, that Congress recently passed some bill( she wasn't sure what is was called) that will give Walmart two trillion dollars and in return, all Congressmen will be eligible for Walmart pension plans when they retire,and a handful of other juicy nuggets- all in the first five minutes when we were supposed to introducing ourselves and our spouses to each other. The couple next to me excused themselves and left to find another table. We joined them. After dinner, she came over to our new table to explain to us how Obama has increased the tax code from some 500 pages to over 3000 and that "people who don't look like us no longer have to pay tax". When the first couple told her flat out that they were not here to discuss politics and would she please go bother someone else, she rose and said she had better things to do than talk to people brainwashed by the lamestream media and left in a huff. Her husband just sort of shrugged his shoulders and gave up a sheepish grin.
Bulsjit........You had to much to drink again.
You've been reading to many comic books again.

Machinist