Blackjack and Card Counting Forums - BlackjackInfo.com

Old October 8th, 2011, 04:55 AM

Default Federal Debt Ceiling

Here is a crude but effective way to look at the debt ceiling ---
Suppose you come home from work and find there has been a sewer backup in your home, and you have sewage up to your ceilings.
What do you think you should do? Raise the ceilings, or pump out the sh*t?

mmeyers
Old October 8th, 2011, 05:05 AM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackriver View Post
whats funny about this is far from intentional. what he thinks is funny stems from his certainty that corporations can do no wrong. the fact that protesters haven't got it all figured out and aren't on the brink of death doesn't discredit them. the world is in a real strange time, just like it always is. our world is very clearly evolving into the world of idiocracy. people who are aware of it and are trying to create a movement shouldn't be ridiculed for being human in form. (i get that this is satire, but it is literaly so eager to criticize that it mocks them for something they havent even done yet...that they might lose vigor when it gets cold.) i cant believe the things that have been happening without consequence and people at the top need to see that people will still assemble. we are always finding out too late about awful things allowed to pass without recourse. i dont know what the mood is on the street but i wouldnt want to be a involved in a corporate-government scandal right now. look at whats happened around the world.
Forsooth!
Old October 8th, 2011, 05:07 AM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
When people are p*ss*d, put any target up there and they will take a whack at it. Not that they are necessarily related, the deliberate attempts to foster class warfare are not helping the climate in this country. We clearly have the most divisive Pr*s*d*nt in my lifetime. And those of you who claim our g*v*rnm*nt works on compromise... b*ll. The D*ms showed that the goal is to dominate as much as possible and to get your way without compromise if at all possible. (The price of losing the election, they say.) So with the T** P*rt*, I am not the least bit dismayed that they are not compromising. You can't have it both ways! As for the l*m*br**ns demonstrating on Wall Street... go home until you have a more coherent cause that can be rationally articulated like the T** P*rt*! Just my honest thoughts. Your ideas may vary.
Brother Aslan, thou shalt go forth and join thy brethren on the Brooklyn Bridge. zg
Old October 8th, 2011, 05:48 AM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadroch View Post
Last night I had the dubious pleasure of sitting next to a rabid tea partier at a charity event we attended. She proceeded to inform the table that the average Federal worker now makes in excess of $150,000 a year, that there is a secret deal in place that will exempt all African Americans from ever having to pay their share of the national debt in return for not seeking reparations, that Congress recently passed some bill( she wasn't sure what is was called) that will give Walmart two trillion dollars and in return, all Congressmen will be eligible for Walmart pension plans when they retire,and a handful of other juicy nuggets- all in the first five minutes when we were supposed to introducing ourselves and our spouses to each other. The couple next to me excused themselves and left to find another table. We joined them. After dinner, she came over to our new table to explain to us how Obama has increased the tax code from some 500 pages to over 3000 and that "people who don't look like us no longer have to pay tax". When the first couple told her flat out that they were not here to discuss politics and would she please go bother someone else, she rose and said she had better things to do than talk to people brainwashed by the lamestream media and left in a huff. Her husband just sort of shrugged his shoulders and gave up a sheepish grin.
I feel sorry for you Shad. Easily brainwashed people come in all political bents, that is most of the problem. If I lumped all the lefties in with the vocal whack jobs that I have met I would think the same of them. Just try not to be one of those prejudice types that meet a few bad apples and paint a broad brush over millions of people. I don't think I need to tell you how wrong that is. Maybe I do. I remember you taking a similar incident that happened to me with the prejudice Obama bumper sticker crowd forcing us to move a sweet middle aged black couple out of one of our apartments where I commented that I hate hypocrisy and you tried to take it as a broad brush statement. That is a dangerous way to think. It is what keeps bigotry alive. Hopefully you don't think that way.
Old October 8th, 2011, 05:55 AM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmeyers View Post
Here is a crude but effective way to look at the debt ceiling ---
Suppose you come home from work and find there has been a sewer backup in your home, and you have sewage up to your ceilings.
What do you think you should do? Raise the ceilings, or pump out the sh*t?

mmeyers
Nice analogy. They keep raising the ceiling every few months. Something smells strange about that. Sh*t or shinola. I can tell the difference.
Old October 8th, 2011, 07:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Last night I had the dubious pleasure of sitting next to a rabid tea partier at a charity event we attended. She proceeded to inform the table that the average Federal worker now makes in excess of $150,000 a year, that there is a secret deal in place that will exempt all African Americans from ever having to pay their share of the national debt in return for not seeking reparations, that Congress recently passed some bill( she wasn't sure what is was called) that will give Walmart two trillion dollars and in return, all Congressmen will be eligible for Walmart pension plans when they retire,and a handful of other juicy nuggets- all in the first five minutes when we were supposed to introducing ourselves and our spouses to each other. The couple next to me excused themselves and left to find another table. We joined them. After dinner, she came over to our new table to explain to us how Obama has increased the tax code from some 500 pages to over 3000 and that "people who don't look like us no longer have to pay tax". When the first couple told her flat out that they were not here to discuss politics and would she please go bother someone else, she rose and said she had better things to do than talk to people brainwashed by the lamestream media and left in a huff. Her husband just sort of shrugged his shoulders and gave up a sheepish grin.
She was partially right. A Federal worker doesn't earn that much but it costs us close to that to put him on the payroll. And the Democrats appear to be planning to dangle the "reparations" bone in 2012 to racialize the election. In 2008 it was obvious that people believed Obama could do things any intelligent person would know he can't do.
Old October 8th, 2011, 09:56 AM
Executive Member

Would you pople please stop making political posts? Particularly since you haven't the faintest idea what you are talking about. John Patrick looks like a genius compared to this nonsense.
Old October 8th, 2011, 10:03 AM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automatic Monkey View Post
She was partially right. A Federal worker doesn't earn that much but it costs us close to that to put him on the payroll. And the Democrats appear to be planning to dangle the "reparations" bone in 2012 to racialize the election. In 2008 it was obvious that people believed Obama could do things any intelligent person would know he can't do.
As Billy Martin said- One lies and the other one swears to it.
Old October 8th, 2011, 10:07 AM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthree View Post
I feel sorry for you Shad. Easily brainwashed people come in all political bents, that is most of the problem. If I lumped all the lefties in with the vocal whack jobs that I have met I would think the same of them. Just try not to be one of those prejudice types that meet a few bad apples and paint a broad brush over millions of people. I don't think I need to tell you how wrong that is. Maybe I do. I remember you taking a similar incident that happened to me with the prejudice Obama bumper sticker crowd forcing us to move a sweet middle aged black couple out of one of our apartments where I commented that I hate hypocrisy and you tried to take it as a broad brush statement. That is a dangerous way to think. It is what keeps bigotry alive. Hopefully you don't think that way.
No one is saying she was a typical teabagger. All I said was she was an annoying person who constantly sprouted "facts" that were nothing but lies and got indignant when people choose not to sit there and listen to her.
Machinist, on the other hand seems to be one. Anything that doesn't agree with his limited world view needs to be attacked.
Old October 8th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Executive Member

Quote:
No one is saying she was a typical teabagger. All I said was she was an annoying person who constantly sprouted "facts" that were nothing but lies and got indignant when people choose not to sit there and listen to her.
Machinist, on the other hand seems to be one. Anything that doesn't agree with his limited world view needs to be attacked.
Right back at ya Shad........Your view from that filthy city isn't very far in that smog.
And there in is the difference in our opinions.
At least you used the words "seems to be one". And you sir seem to be an extreme lefty from my view.
There is no doubt we look out of different windows upon this great land.
I'm sure more than just our political views differ also.
You enjoy alchohol.......i have never had a use for it.
You enjoy cites.......i cant stand the nasty places
You enjoy comic books buying and selling them....that's cool.....but not an interest for me.. I like to see the sun come up in the morning, i enjoy flyfishing...well actually any fishing,
I enjoy farmlife.....I"m sure its not your cup of tea...

Farmers are a very independent type of people.........Anyone or anything that trys to change my values, hopes, dreams, my chosen way of life will be confronted.
Hell i could even group the whole midwest into this discription, with an exception of alot of big city dwellers.
The small towns of the midwest are full of these types.........
This is where the tparty has come from...

You are sadly mistaken about who i am and what my values are....
As possibly i am with yours....

Machinist