Blackjack and Card Counting Forums - BlackjackInfo.com

  #11  
Old October 17th, 2011, 03:38 PM
tthree tthree is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,277
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleightOfHand View Post
I guess I just totally disagree. It was a 9 handed table, but I'll raise it 10 handed too. The reason it is suggested to fold those kinds of hands in EP is because playing drawing hands OOP is not as easy is playing it IP, especially when you are probably beat or chopping preflop. However, I can tell you that a strong player's skill can overcome the card and positional disadvantage of probably 90% of the player pool fairly easily. This isn't online, this is fish in a barrel



The river bet would be a bluff, not a value bet. The question is not only IF he can lay down a flush, but also how likely he is holding a flush and how big of a flush he can lay down if he has one.



He did not have the Jd
I love playing against people like you. I know what I have and you don't. I know you are going to play aggressive with crap. It is only a matter of patience before I get a huge payoff. The whole time you will think I'm a fish. Then you will push me all-in and I'll flip the nutz.

So are you ready to say how you played it?
  #12  
Old October 17th, 2011, 03:40 PM
SleightOfHand's Avatar
SleightOfHand SleightOfHand is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 943
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthree View Post
I love playing against people like you. I know what I have and you don't. I know you are going to play aggressive with crap. It is only a matter of patience before I get a huge payoff. The whole time you will think I'm a fish. Then you will push me all-in and I'll flip the nutz.

So are you ready to say how you played it?
lol come over my table any time Anyway, it went check/check and he had J9 with the 9d /facepalm lol
  #13  
Old October 17th, 2011, 03:48 PM
SleightOfHand's Avatar
SleightOfHand SleightOfHand is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 943
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthree View Post
I love playing against people like you. I know what I have and you don't. I know you are going to play aggressive with crap. It is only a matter of patience before I get a huge payoff. The whole time you will think I'm a fish. Then you will push me all-in and I'll flip the nutz.

So are you ready to say how you played it?
Don't think that just because people are loose and aggressive, they are going to bet into you or that they bet with crap. Stone cold bluffs are very uncommon. And to say that I don't know where I am might show a little bit of ignorance, as I typed out the kind of range that my opponent could have (at least the hands that beat me). The key is to bet with controlled aggression. When bluffing, I almost always bluffing with outs of some sort. When considering fold equity and how much equity you already have in the hand with outs, making what could appear to be crazy bluffs a very standard move. I posted my results on this board before and I think it helps prove my point that I am not a fish, but then again, maybe I am (well, I guess it wouldn't be fish, but maniac) :P

So, you would just fold it preflop then? Like I said before, I don't have a problem with folding those kinds of hands preflop, but passivity like that is only costing solid players.

Last edited by SleightOfHand; October 17th, 2011 at 03:52 PM.
  #14  
Old October 17th, 2011, 04:21 PM
Dyepaintball12's Avatar
Dyepaintball12 Dyepaintball12 is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mid-Michigan
Posts: 1,547
Default

SOH vs. tthree...

SOH wins.
  #15  
Old October 17th, 2011, 04:33 PM
Richard Munchkin's Avatar
Richard Munchkin Richard Munchkin is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: California
Posts: 145
Default

SOH,

When you say fish I think of people who would call with any flush and some who would call with a straight. In the games I play in fish are hard to bluff.
  #16  
Old October 17th, 2011, 04:38 PM
tthree tthree is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,277
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyepaintball12 View Post
SOH vs. tthree...

SOH wins.
Your probably right. My main game is blackjack. Sounds like he is a poker specialist. But I still love setting up the aggressor.
  #17  
Old October 17th, 2011, 04:47 PM
SleightOfHand's Avatar
SleightOfHand SleightOfHand is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 943
Default

If I were in the CO, you guys wouldn't have mentioned the PF raise, so what's the difference if I were UTG or CO? Nothing! This guys range is exactly the s and my range is (almost) the same. The only thing folding it in EP does is make te situation less common. But once we learn how to play the situation, who cares? Now we can raise UTG an play it right all the time
  #18  
Old October 17th, 2011, 04:50 PM
Richard Munchkin's Avatar
Richard Munchkin Richard Munchkin is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: California
Posts: 145
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleightOfHand View Post
If I were in the CO, you guys wouldn't have mentioned the PF raise, so what's the difference if I were UTG or CO? Nothing! This guys range is exactly the s and my range is (almost) the same. The only thing folding it in EP does is make te situation less common. But once we learn how to play the situation, who cares? Now we can raise UTG an play it right all the time
What about the 5 other players beside him that all act after you? You know your game and your players so I can see you are comfortable with this, but what are you doing with 22 when someone comes over the top at you?
  #19  
Old October 17th, 2011, 04:54 PM
SleightOfHand's Avatar
SleightOfHand SleightOfHand is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 943
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Munchkin View Post
SOH,

When you say fish I think of people who would call with any flush and some who would call with a straight. In the games I play in fish are hard to bluff.
Fish are hard to bluff, but they can still see 4 to a fluh on the board. I really doubt anyone's calling with a straight (although it does happen).
  #20  
Old October 17th, 2011, 05:00 PM
SleightOfHand's Avatar
SleightOfHand SleightOfHand is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 943
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Munchkin View Post
What about the 5 other players beside him that all act after you? You know your game and your players so I can see you are comfortable with this, but what are you doing with 22 when someone comes over the top at you?
Depends on the situation. It could possibly be a call with an aggro tourney short stacker who squeezes after a few callers, but 90% it's a fold :/

It's also different if it's a reg battle
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:56 PM.


Forum Software vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2011 Bayview Strategies LLC