Blackjack and Card Counting Forums - BlackjackInfo.com


Go Back   Blackjack and Card Counting Forums - BlackjackInfo.com > Miscellaneous > Site Discussion

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old October 24th, 2011, 08:16 PM
Ferretnparrot's Avatar
Ferretnparrot Ferretnparrot is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New jersey
Posts: 595
Default

Just look at this post and see how much space it wastes, And my OP wasnt even that long.
  #12  
Old October 24th, 2011, 09:30 PM
shadroch shadroch is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,696
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferretnparrot View Post
Just look at this post and see how much space it wastes, And my OP wasnt even that long.

It is cyberspace. It is infinite. no electrons were killed in this posts.
  #13  
Old October 24th, 2011, 10:01 PM
bjcardcounter bjcardcounter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 330
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferretnparrot View Post
There shoudl be no reason to quote and entire original post EVER if you are posting in the SAME THREAD!!!! because posts under the same thread are OBVIOUSLY TALKING ABOUT THE SAME SUBJECT
What if a thread gets hijacked into different threads and people go crazy
  #14  
Old October 24th, 2011, 10:39 PM
shadroch shadroch is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,696
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjcardcounter View Post
What if a thread gets hijacked into different threads and people go crazy

Thats not a valid excuse.
  #15  
Old October 24th, 2011, 10:50 PM
Jack_Black's Avatar
Jack_Black Jack_Black is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 1,047
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferretnparrot View Post
People will post a new thread, and then somebody will reply, and quote the ENTIRE ORIGINAL THREAD with a simple reply.

Then in the second post the original post is now duplicated, if it is a very long original post, it will take up all or more of the entire screen, which is inhibiting to mobile phone users, and also just plain annoying.

There shoudl be no reason to quote and entire original post EVER if you are posting in the SAME THREAD!!!! because posts under the same thread are OBVIOUSLY TALKING ABOUT THE SAME SUBJECT

So in my fit of rage about my recent annoyance with this being so common, Id like to ask that something be done about it, somehow, maybe limit the size of a quotation in a post, or maybe make it commonplace to edit it out of a thread via the moderators.

In fact there should be no reason to quote the entire original post EVER, for any reason I can think of. maybe part of it, but never all of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferretnparrot View Post
I think some kind of threshold shoudl eb set, like a max number of lines, or a percentage of the characters in the original posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferretnparrot View Post
Just look at this post and see how much space it wastes, And my OP wasnt even that long.
I disagree.
  #16  
Old October 25th, 2011, 01:30 AM
Severity8's Avatar
Severity8 Severity8 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 147
Send a message via Yahoo to Severity8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadroch View Post
It is cyberspace. It is infinite. no electrons were killed in this posts.
but to hear Icountandtrack tell it there were many kitten fatalities
  #17  
Old October 25th, 2011, 04:40 AM
creeping panther's Avatar
creeping panther creeping panther is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Midwest
Posts: 2,815
Default Quotes

I agree, they should be used sparingly, good point Ferret.

CP
  #18  
Old October 25th, 2011, 10:01 AM
shadroch shadroch is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,696
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by creeping panther View Post
I agree, they should be used sparingly, good point Ferret.

CP

Define sparingly.

Are you calling for posts to be censored?
  #19  
Old October 25th, 2011, 10:03 AM
shadroch shadroch is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,696
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Black View Post
I disagree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferretnparrot View Post
People will post a new thread, and then somebody will reply, and quote the ENTIRE ORIGINAL THREAD with a simple reply.

Then in the second post the original post is now duplicated, if it is a very long original post, it will take up all or more of the entire screen, which is inhibiting to mobile phone users, and also just plain annoying.

There shoudl be no reason to quote and entire original post EVER if you are posting in the SAME THREAD!!!! because posts under the same thread are OBVIOUSLY TALKING ABOUT THE SAME SUBJECT

So in my fit of rage about my recent annoyance with this being so common, Id like to ask that something be done about it, somehow, maybe limit the size of a quotation in a post, or maybe make it commonplace to edit it out of a thread via the moderators.

In fact there should be no reason to quote the entire original post EVER, for any reason I can think of. maybe part of it, but never all of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendo View Post
x2

Seriously, having 14 copies of a previous post on any thread is really a waste of space and everyone's time.
As oppossed to someone endlessly repeating the same thing over and over?
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:16 PM.


Forum Software vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2011 Bayview Strategies LLC