Blackjack and Card Counting Forums - BlackjackInfo.com


Go Back   Blackjack and Card Counting Forums - BlackjackInfo.com > Miscellaneous > Other Games

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old October 29th, 2011, 07:45 PM
deadlywizard234 deadlywizard234 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 357
Default

Money you don't lose buys just as much as money you win. The number one rule for playing poker.

Last edited by deadlywizard234; October 29th, 2011 at 07:51 PM.
  #12  
Old October 29th, 2011, 07:49 PM
ChefJJ's Avatar
ChefJJ ChefJJ is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Right of Stick
Posts: 1,991
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlywizard234 View Post
money you don't lose buys just as much as money you win
But when the waitress brings you a complimentary beverage, tip her. Otherwise, bring your own water with you. It's $1, so man up and pay for the service.

Bad service is one thing, and dealer tokes are arguably another, but we're talking about something entirely different with waitstaff.
  #13  
Old October 29th, 2011, 08:24 PM
deadlywizard234 deadlywizard234 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 357
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefJJ View Post
But when the waitress brings you a complimentary beverage, tip her. Otherwise, bring your own water with you. It's $1, so man up and pay for the service.

Bad service is one thing, and dealer tokes are arguably another, but we're talking about something entirely different with waitstaff.

Do you know how much the piece of ass waitresses make at casinos? It wouldn't be a shocker that they make at least $500 a night from kindly white knights, and they make a salary in addition to that. Then she goes home and probably has a boyfriend who further lavishes her.

If you're so generous, why not donate the tip money to homeless veterans?

Last edited by deadlywizard234; October 29th, 2011 at 08:34 PM.
  #14  
Old October 29th, 2011, 08:31 PM
tthree tthree is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,277
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlywizard234 View Post
Do you know how much the piece of ass waitresses make at casinos? It wouldn't be a shocker that they make at least $500 a night from overly generous white knights, and they make a salary in addition to that.

I'm pretty sure these drink princesses aren't barely making ends meet.
How much do you make? If it is more than $500 a night you should think she is under paid. That is unless you are some elitist a**hole.
  #15  
Old October 29th, 2011, 08:43 PM
deadlywizard234 deadlywizard234 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 357
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthree View Post
How much do you make? If it is more than $500 a night you should think she is under paid. That is unless you are some elitist a**hole.
Ummm $500 (in addition to a salary) a shift for serving drinks is under paid?

Why didn't I have that job option when I was in my late teens/early 20's?

A lot of educated professionals don't make that much.

I'm elitist because I don't believe in automatic wealth distribution based on lookism?

Last edited by deadlywizard234; October 29th, 2011 at 08:57 PM.
  #16  
Old October 29th, 2011, 08:45 PM
Gamblor's Avatar
Gamblor Gamblor is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Casino backroom
Posts: 1,118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlywizard234 View Post
Ummm $500 (in addition to a salary) a shift for serving drinks is under paid?

Why didn't I have that job option when I was in my late teens/early 20's?


A lot of educated professionals don't make that much.

I'm elitist because I don't believe in automatic wealth distribution based on lookism?
They have dude waiters in AC, another sign of how stupid AC casinos are.
  #17  
Old October 29th, 2011, 08:46 PM
ChefJJ's Avatar
ChefJJ ChefJJ is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Right of Stick
Posts: 1,991
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlywizard234 View Post
If you're so generous, why not donate the tip money to homeless veterans?
What does this have to do with the topic at hand? A modest tip to a cocktail waitress and charity are not necessarily one in the same.

I'm not talking about being generous...$1 for someone bringing you a drink is minimum. Again, barring bad service, anything less than that just shows your ass. And I think you've proven your point well.
  #18  
Old October 29th, 2011, 09:06 PM
tthree tthree is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,277
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlywizard234 View Post
Ummm $500 (in addition to a salary) a shift for serving drinks is under paid?

Why didn't I have that job option when I was in my late teens/early 20's?


A lot of educated professionals don't make that much.

I'm elitist because I don't believe in automatic wealth distribution based on lookism?
MY point is an elitist thinks that his contribution to a group effort deserves the lion's share. The irony is the lowest paying jobs are jobs that are so hard he couldn't even do them. You didn't have that job option when you were that age because the equivalent wage was about $50 per night a long time ago. Bartenders and servers earned a lot more than that when I was young. Those opportunities were there if you worked hard and didn't rely on the group average to set your wage. If you prove yourself to a good employer he will pay you your worth to keep you. He is not worried the other workers will find out because the reason is you earn it by outperforming them. This gives them incentives to be a better employee.

My comment had nothing to do with the servers appearance at all. Try doing the waitress job for a week. I doubt you would last. Your feet would be killing you your arm would ache. I doubt you ever had a job that required you to be on your feet the whole time. It definitely has cumulative affect on you.
  #19  
Old October 29th, 2011, 09:18 PM
deadlywizard234 deadlywizard234 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 357
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthree View Post
MY point is an elitist thinks that his contribution to a group effort deserves the lion's share. The irony is the lowest paying jobs are jobs that are so hard he couldn't even do them. You didn't have that job option when you were that age because the equivalent wage was about $50 per night a long time ago. Bartenders and servers earned a lot more than that when I was young. Those opportunities were there if you worked hard and didn't rely on the group average to set your wage. If you prove yourself to a good employer he will pay you your worth to keep you. He is not worried the other workers will find out because the reason is you earn it by outperforming them. This gives them incentives to be a better employee.

My comment had nothing to do with the servers appearance at all. Try doing the waitress job for a week. I doubt you would last. Your feet would be killing you your arm would ache. I doubt you ever had a job that required you to be on your feet the whole time. It definitely has cumulative affect on you.
I'm saying I didn't have the job option of "piece of ass waitressing". I could have been a waiter right out of high school, but I sure as **** wouldn't have made even 1/5 of what these cocktail waitresses pull down no matter how good my "waitering skills" were.

And no, the physical aspect of waitering wouldn't bother me as i'm an army veteran. Try being on your feet for 10+ hrs carrying 80 lbs of body armor, gear, and weaponry.
  #20  
Old October 29th, 2011, 09:23 PM
tthree tthree is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,277
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlywizard234 View Post
I'm saying I didn't have the job option of "piece of ass waitressing". I could have been a waiter right out of high school, but I sure as **** wouldn't have made even 1/5 of what these cocktail waitresses pull down no matter how good my "waitering skills" were.

And no, the physical aspect of waitering wouldn't bother me as i'm an army veteran. Try being on your feet for 10+ hrs carrying 80 lbs of body armor, gear, and weaponry.
So you are familiar with what standing and walking on hard floors for hours on end do to your feet longterm. Your feet were designed to walk on earth not hard floors.
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:00 PM.


Forum Software vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2011 Bayview Strategies LLC