Blackjack and Card Counting Forums - BlackjackInfo.com

Old November 29th, 2011, 06:28 PM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy C1 View Post
Figure this one out-------AP poll has Michigan State rated 4 spots HIGHER than WI Badgers and opening Vegas line has the Badgers favored by 9.5 points in Saturday's game.
To top it off, the game will be played at a neutral site (Indianapolis)!!!!!
I look for WI to win but I can't give 9.5 points.

BillyC1
Agree, 9.5 points is too much. Am I missing something here?
Old November 30th, 2011, 07:18 AM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moo321 View Post
Agree, 9.5 points is too much. Am I missing something here?
No, I don't think you're missing anything at all. It's true that there's a big revenge factor for the Badgers in this match-up after losing to a "Hail Mary" pass at Michigan State in the regular season.
Badgers have a juggernaut offense, so-so defense and less than average special teams. Spartans have more balance so I have to go with them at +9.5

BillyC1
Old November 30th, 2011, 07:24 AM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAP View Post
If LSU and Alabama square off in the NC game, Michigan fans will justifiably have plenty to crow about after what happened in 2006.
At this point, I think Bama has only one loss (LSU) and Michigan has two losses.
If that stays the same, why wouldn't LSU/Alabama be justifiable?

BillyC1
Old November 30th, 2011, 11:01 AM
Executive Member

Quote:
At this point, I think Bama has only one loss (LSU) and Michigan has two losses.

BillyC1
Whats the point of having a League Championship game if a team that doesn't even qualify for it plays in the national championship. What if Georgia beats LSU for the SEC title. How does having two other SEC teams play for the National title make sense?
I, for one, don't want to see a rematch. 'Bama- LSU was a good game, but it wasn't great. It was a decent defensive battle, but both offenses were pathetic.
Old November 30th, 2011, 12:35 PM
Executive Member

Default The BCS factor

Since the inception of the BCS, college football has gotten more bizarre by the year. Our Big Ten conference has TWELVE teams (not a BCS decision).
Anyway, I think most would see the national championship game as a much bigger prize than ANY conference championship-----even for the loser.

BillyC1
Old November 30th, 2011, 05:10 PM

Quote:

BillyC1
I think you missed the "2006" mentioned in my post... that was when UM/OSU met in the last game of the season ranked 1 and 2. Michigan lost by 3 on the road and was moved down to 3rd as a result so the National Championship game wouldn't have a rematch. Fast forward to 2011 where Alabama loses by 3 at home in the 1v2 game... and WILL get a chance at the rematch in the National Championship game. Michigan fans have to be thinking "wasn't precedence for this situation already set?"
Old November 30th, 2011, 05:30 PM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAP View Post
I think you missed the "2006" mentioned in my post... that was when UM/OSU met in the last game of the season ranked 1 and 2. Michigan lost by 3 on the road and was moved down to 3rd as a result so the National Championship game wouldn't have a rematch. Fast forward to 2011 where Alabama loses by 3 at home in the 1v2 game... and WILL get a chance at the rematch in the National Championship game. Michigan fans have to be thinking "wasn't precedence for this situation already set?"
Its not quite the same thing, as late season losses somehow are worse than early season losses. For it to be the same, Bama would have had to lose in the last game.
Remember the year where Notre Dame beat FSU early in the season, finished with the same record but FSU won the title, because their loss was earlier than NDs. Logic and the NCAA don't go hand in hand.
BTW - Michigan got jobbed that year, and thats coming from a person who roots for them once a year when they play The OSU.