Blackjack and Card Counting Forums - BlackjackInfo.com

Old November 4th, 2011, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21gunsalute View Post
I believe this post also contains way too much public information.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBJT View Post
P.S. By the way just 'cuz I said the backoff story was at 4 Queens doesn't really mean it was, ya know. Could have been at Binions across the street. Or maybe Lake Tahoe. Does that change the story's point?
Quote:
Sorry. I read this very early in the morning and I actually misread what I thought you were saying. I thought you were saying you'd done this @ Soaring Eagle. Oops!
Sounds more like a territorial issue than one of too much information being discussed publicly.

My two-cents,

Spaw
Old November 5th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
Sounds more like a territorial issue than one of too much information being discussed publicly.

My two-cents,

Spaw
No, I simply misread his post. And the TMI information was for the OP who was basically telling exactly what he intended to do at a specific location. If they're viewing that would make it very easy for them to be on the lookout.
Old November 5th, 2011, 06:59 PM

Quote:
No, I simply misread his post. And the TMI information was for the OP who was basically telling exactly what he intended to do at a specific location. If they're viewing that would make it very easy for them to be on the lookout.
Aha... well actually I'd agree with that.

Old November 5th, 2011, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgy606 View Post
I was wondering, if I wanted to spread vary wildly at a 6:5 SD game (like 1-12 or 1-16), how much heat would I get?
I have seen some wild stuff on the 6:5!
Old November 5th, 2011, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote View Post
I have seen some wild stuff on the 6:5!
Can you please PM me on how "wild" that stuff is.
Old November 6th, 2011, 05:19 AM
Executive Member

Default Or

Quote:
Can you please PM me on how "wild" that stuff is.
You can wait some and then talk to each other in person

CP
Old November 10th, 2011, 02:17 AM

You'll make more per hour with a 1:16 spread on the shoe games there than 1:16 spread the 6:5 single deck game if your only relying on straight counting.
Old November 10th, 2011, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somtum View Post
You'll make more per hour with a 1:16 spread on the shoe games there than 1:16 spread the 6:5 single deck game if your only relying on straight counting.
Not true. What are the rules and the pen in the shoe game? In SD, as long as the Pen is 30% or more, you will get a high frequency of favorable counts then in a 6D with 70-75% Pen. All the rules do are change the pivot point in your betting ramp (e.g. in a 6D S17+DAS+LS+RSA, using Zen, you pivot is at TC +1 meaning at TC of +2 you should bet 2 units, ect. In a SD H17 6:5 (rules worse then this particular store), your pivot is +4 meaning you should bet 2 units at +5). And as we all know, pen is more important than rules (Even 6:5 on SD compared to 3:2 on a shoe). Of course what I want to know is, how does the heat in each situation compare to the other.

Last edited by cgy606; November 10th, 2011 at 10:50 AM.
Old November 10th, 2011, 01:47 PM
Executive Member

Quote:
In SD, as long as the Pen is 30% or more, you will get a high frequency of favorable counts then in a 6D with 70-75% Pen.
30% pen and 6/5 on Naturals? Yup, you can't beat that...bet table max every hand!
Old November 10th, 2011, 05:04 PM

Quote:
30% pen and 6/5 on Naturals? Yup, you can't beat that...bet table max every hand!
Dude, you need to learn to read between the lines. I didn't say you can beat a 6/5 game with 30% pen (you need at least 50% pen with a 1-12 spread min and the ability to jump bets at least 4-5X between rounds). What I did say is that you will get a higher frequency of favorable counts because it is a single deck. That doesn't mean they will be as profitable because a SD game is more volatile, now you see it, now you don't. In a shoe game, you have to bet, and bet, and bet, until once out of every 3 or 4 shoes a count develops. But when it does, it lasts.