Blackjack and Card Counting Forums - BlackjackInfo.com

Old November 8th, 2011, 05:11 AM

Grilled T-bone, baked potato, grilled veggies. And a couple of ice cold beers.
Old November 8th, 2011, 06:18 AM
Executive Member

Default Delectable and relatively easy fare.

Venison tenderloin cut 1.25 inches thick medallions marinated in olive oil, garlic and chopped pickled hot peppers grilled rare.

Sika deer cut into 1/2 inch cubes simmered in tomato sauce, my own xhot salsa, garlic and mushrooms until the meat melts in your mouth. Served over your favorite pasta.

Pulled venison burritos. Put 1.5 ponds venison butt portion silverskin removed in a slow cooker. Cover with 16 ounce my xhot salsa and 1 15 ounce can black beans with the liquid. Cook on low for 8 hours. Pull the meat and return to cooker. Melt in 4 ounces of cream cheese cubed and mix thotoughly. Serve with 12 inch tortillas and shredded cheese of your choice.

Shrimp pilau: fry 3 slices bacon. In renderings fry 2 cups diced celery and 1/2 cup diced onions until onions are translucent. Add 1/2 teaspoon thyme and fresh ground black pepper to taste, 2 cups my xhot salsa, 1 cup water and 1 cup rice. Bring to boil and simmer 20 minutes covered. Add 1 pound bite sized shrimp peeled and deveined. Simmer covered until shrimp are cooked. Crumble bacon over top. Enjoy.

North Carolina style pulled goose breasts. Place 2 large goose (4 if small) breasts in slow cooker . Cover with 1 can condensed french onion soup. Add 1 cup cider vinegar, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, 1 tablespoon cayenne powder, 3/4 cup catsup and 1/4 cup siracha sauce. Cook on low for 8 hours. Pull goose breasts. Return to cooker and mix thoroughly. Serve on your favorite roll with cole slaw. This was initially my recipe I invented for venison but after a power failure that had me putting up meat that thawed I skeptically tried it with goose breasts. The unique flavor of the goose was even better than venison or pork with the recipe. A wonderful surprise.

Last edited by tthree; November 8th, 2011 at 01:06 PM.
Old November 8th, 2011, 10:23 AM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Black View Post
Japanese carbonara risotto with kurobuta pork belly, shiitake mushrooms, and uzura quail egg.

Snooty fancy pants Mac N' Cheese with gruyere, white wine, and truffle oil.

Bourbon and brown sugar 3 alarm sirloin steak chili.

japanese whiskey sour made with suntory whiskey, yuzu citrus, cane sugar and kyoho grape garnish.

Fatty melt: same as a regular patty melt, except you replace the bread with 2 grilled cheese sandwiches.

Blame these damn food shows for turning me into a wannabe chef.
The fatty melt sounds like it came from Guy Fieri on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives. The more you guys post, the harder it is to keep this diet I'm on!
Old November 8th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Executive Member

I'll admit the fatty melt is an internet meme that I'm re-posting, but all other recipes are Chef Jack Black signature dishes at his soon to be opened flagship restaurant "J Black" at the Borgata.

I'll replace the fatty melt with one my buddy and I thought of after a night of drinking.

The ultimate 2am saturday night meal: The burrito pizza dog. Take a tortilla, put a layer of beans on it, place a small personal size pizza on it, put a bratwurst in the middle of the pizza, wrap it up and eat it like a burrito.
Old November 8th, 2011, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metronome View Post
Mine is Standing Rib Roast... bigger the better....USDA Prime or Choice.....
Preferably grass fed and grain finished... cooked to 118 degrees...let rest 30 to 60 minutes...served with homemade au jus... and hot-ass horseradish.
Cook in convection oven @ 250 or on my electric smoker (w/no wood) @ 225
LORD HAVE MERCY
My that sounds gooood!

For me it's Mutton Snapper cooked on the grill with butter, fresh lemons and garlic, and salt and pepper to taste. Serve over asparagas and wild rice with a good pinot grigio.

Last edited by Coyote; November 8th, 2011 at 01:44 PM.
Old November 8th, 2011, 02:21 PM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote View Post
My that sounds gooood!

For me it's Mutton Snapper cooked on the grill with butter, fresh lemons and garlic, and salt and pepper to taste. Serve over asparagas and wild rice with a good pinot grigio.
Please describe Mutton Snapper. To me, mutton means lamb and snapper means fish (as in Red Snapper).
The extent of my cooking is occasionally frying a hamburger. I enjoy dining out a lot and sometimes like ethnic dining.
I have a ravenous appetite for most any food. A few glasses (bottle) of a nice Pinot Noir make a good complement.

BillyC1
Old November 8th, 2011, 02:26 PM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy C1 View Post
Please describe Mutton Snapper. To me, mutton means lamb and snapper means fish (as in Red Snapper).
The extent of my cooking is occasionally frying a hamburger. I enjoy dining out a lot and sometimes like ethnic dining.
I have a ravenous appetite for most any food. A few glasses (bottle) of a nice Pinot Noir make a good complement.

BillyC1
It's a nicely trimmed and talented trim. Oops, I mean a relative of the red snapper found in the Carribean, Gulf and that part of the Atlantic.
Old November 8th, 2011, 02:28 PM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Black View Post
Snooty fancy pants Mac N' Cheese with gruyere, white wine, and truffle oil.
Throw some lobster and marscapone into that puppy and you got a world-class dish! zg
Old November 8th, 2011, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthree View Post
It's a nicely trimmed and talented trim. Oops, I mean a relative of the red snapper found in the Carribean, Gulf and that part of the Atlantic.
That is correct! I had many during my trips to South Florida!....(sigh)
Old November 8th, 2011, 03:13 PM
Executive Member

Default Walleye!

Thanks for the description. We don't have mutton snapper in the midwest. We have some damn good walleye that would probably be at least the equal when prepared that way.
I know they say "white wine with white food" but I prefer the "reds" with any and all entrees. Also like a snifter of Grand Marnier afterward.

BillyC1