Blackjack and Card Counting Forums - BlackjackInfo.com

  #1  
Old November 8th, 2011, 02:53 AM
ringlejames ringlejames is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 166
Default Side Counts

[This has been moved from another thread. - SONNY]

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post

I don't understand the buy-in for cash either; they always check how much I am bringing to the table when I begin.
AHHHHH

Pit Boss: (after seeing me double 2 siff hands from split tens and make 21 on both) "How much did you buy in for"
Me:$50 bucks
Pit boss: There seems to be a mix up it seems my employees think you have been here for 4 hours.
Me: Yeah I have
Pit boss: But you said you started with 1 $50 buy in and have not bought in for more.
Me: No.

Pit Boss: Ends he conversation by walking off and getting on the phone.

Me: Can someone get me wheel chair. I was hurt at that time.

I also believe the president of the casino was at the door to see me out.

I rotfl'd

Last edited by Sonny; November 9th, 2011 at 09:57 AM.
  #2  
Old November 8th, 2011, 07:30 AM
21gunsalute 21gunsalute is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Area 51
Posts: 1,144
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringlejames View Post
AHHHHH

Pit Boss: (after seeing me double 2 siff hands from split tens and make 21 on both) "How much did you buy in for"
Me:$50 bucks
Pit boss: There seems to be a mix up it seems my employees think you have been here for 4 hours.
Me: Yeah I have
Pit boss: But you said you started with 1 $50 buy in and have not bought in for more.
Me: No.

Pit Boss: Ends he conversation by walking off and getting on the phone.

Me: Can someone get me wheel chair. I was hurt at that time.

I also believe the president of the casino was at the door to see me out.

I rotfl'd
Please revisit rule #5 from post #11.
  #3  
Old November 8th, 2011, 07:53 AM
Solo player's Avatar
Solo player Solo player is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 242
Default ringlejames

Hey ringle,

Do you post on another message board under the handle of Wham?
  #4  
Old November 8th, 2011, 08:30 AM
Sonny's Avatar
Sonny Sonny is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 4,748
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringlejames View Post
Pit Boss: (after seeing me double 2 siff hands from split tens and make 21 on both) "How much did you buy in for"
Under what conditions do you split tens and then double down on the resulting stiffs?

-Sonny-
  #5  
Old November 8th, 2011, 09:59 AM
aslan's Avatar
aslan aslan is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 8,683
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny View Post
Under what conditions do you split tens and then double down on the resulting stiffs?

-Sonny-
Treating this as a serious inquiry, the obvious answer is: when somehow you know what is probably coming in the next two hits. I rule out precognition (voodoo). I rule out a flash in a shoe dealt game. In a plus count such as this, it is more likely that a ten or ace will drop rather than the desired card to transform a stiff into a twenty-one. One thing I cannot rule out is marked cards, if the cards protrude enough from the shoe to discern the markings. Another possibility might be tracking a slug of cards heavy in 8s and 9s. Any other ideas?

Last edited by aslan; November 8th, 2011 at 10:05 AM.
  #6  
Old November 8th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Coyote's Avatar
Coyote Coyote is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Midwest
Posts: 377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny View Post
Under what conditions do you split tens and then double down on the resulting stiffs?

-Sonny-
I don't get either? What the heck? Double a natural maybe...? That would be the only thing I can think of......

Last edited by Coyote; November 8th, 2011 at 01:34 PM.
  #7  
Old November 8th, 2011, 10:13 AM
NAP's Avatar
NAP NAP is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Midwest
Posts: 108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote View Post
I don't get either? What the heck? Double a natural? That would be the only thing I can think of......
But a natural is not a stiff...
  #8  
Old November 8th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Coyote's Avatar
Coyote Coyote is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Midwest
Posts: 377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAP View Post
But a natural is not a stiff...
That is true NAP. I do understand. That was the only thing I could think of that would seem remotely logical to double on.
  #9  
Old November 8th, 2011, 04:26 PM
NAP's Avatar
NAP NAP is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Midwest
Posts: 108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote View Post
That is true NAP. I do understand. That was the only thing I could think of that would seem remotely logical to double on.
I think you made a false assumption about his play!
  #10  
Old November 8th, 2011, 05:46 PM
Gamblor's Avatar
Gamblor Gamblor is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Casino backroom
Posts: 1,118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAP View Post
I think you made a false assumption about his play!
I think it could be false to assume ringlejames actually does play.
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:57 PM.


Forum Software vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2011 Bayview Strategies LLC