Degenerate gamblers or loyal customers?

UK-21

Was in London earlier today and had occasion to be walking through Leicester Square at 11.30am. Couldn't believe it to see around two dozen punters queuing up waiting to get into Napoleons when it opened (presumably at noon).

Couldn't help thinking there's more to life . . . . .

aslan

UK-21 said:
Was in London earlier today and had occasion to be walking through Leicester Square at 11.30am. Couldn't believe it to see around two dozen punters queuing up waiting to get into Napoleons when it opened (presumably at noon).

aslan

UK-21 said:
No. Leicester Square = London. Check out the Monopoly board.
No, I an referring to the location referenced in your profile, ie, one of the green, leafy parts of the UK. :grin:

Billy C1

Good

UK-21 said:

Gotta love that British vocabulary!!!!!

BillyC1

UK-21

Correct.

Green leafy part of the UK? There are still quite a few to be found. Alas, Sheffield isn't one of 'em.

aslan

UK-21 said:
Correct.

Green leafy part of the UK? There are still quite a few to be found. Alas, Sheffield isn't one of 'em.
Tell this to the University of Sheffield. Sheffield is England's greenest city, containing 150 woodlands and 50 public parks. There are four times as many mature trees as people! (Dead link: http://www.shef.ac.uk/materials/prospective_ug/city) :laugh: :laugh:

UK-21

aslan said:
Tell this to the University of Sheffield. Sheffield is England's greenest city, containing 150 woodlands and 50 public parks. There are four times as many mature trees as people! (Dead link: http://www.shef.ac.uk/materials/prospective_ug/city) :laugh: :laugh:
Probably is if you count the canabis plants the locals grow in window boxes as woodlands and the weeds and moss growing up between the paving stones as public parks. What do you expect when you let some marketing spiv loose on a prospectus?

aslan

UK-21 said:
Probably is if you count the canabis plants the locals grow in window boxes as woodlands and the weeds and moss growing up between the paving stones as public parks. What do you expect when you let some marketing spiv loose on a prospectus?
:laugh: :laugh:

tezzadiver

UK-21 said:

Lol- at this and the last posts.

Napoleons does open at 12pm and I`m guilty myself of being there before 12 :laugh:
There are good reasons though..... PM if you would like a clarification, but maybe you can guess.

tezzadiver said:
Lol- at this and the last posts.

Napoleons does open at 12pm and I`m guilty myself of being there before 12 :laugh:
There are good reasons though..... PM if you would like a clarification, but maybe you can guess.
A fresher buffet?