Blackjack and Card Counting Forums - BlackjackInfo.com

Old November 22nd, 2011, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewljason View Post
BUT, MB is one of many places that their really is a big difference, heat-wise in playing the HL vs the main floor. This is an important part of the equation for me.
I always take a pass on the hi-limit game.
Old November 22nd, 2011, 08:23 AM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo player View Post
I always take a pass on the hi-limit game.

Me 2, Solo player! I walk by and see a great game with a .18% house advantage. But, no one is playing. The dealer and 3 pit folks are standing and waiting. To me the odds of that game are worse than if it was 6-5!

I am not looking for the best game that I can win the most from in the next 20 minutes. I am looking for a decent game that I can beat today, but still be welcome back to win again going forward, later in the week, next week and next month.
Old November 22nd, 2011, 12:52 PM

ive walked by and see the HL DD game be as high as 500min...
Old November 23rd, 2011, 01:44 PM
Executive Member

Quote:
I walk by and see a great game with a .18% house advantage. But, no one is playing. The dealer and 3 pit folks are standing and waiting.
Not an uncommon occurrence in those HL games. When the pit outnumbers the players it's NEVER good.
Old November 26th, 2011, 11:31 PM

Quote:

Me 2, Solo player! I walk by and see a great game with a .18% house advantage. But, no one is playing. The dealer and 3 pit folks are standing and waiting. To me the odds of that game are worse than if it was 6-5!

I am not looking for the best game that I can win the most from in the next 20 minutes. I am looking for a decent game that I can beat today, but still be welcome back to win again going forward, later in the week, next week and next month.
I've played both the main floor and HL at MB. It is truly truly a huge difference in heat. Often there is a pit boss staring at the game the whole time in HL. Only sometimes is there a pit boss split between two tables in HL.

strictly from a rules perspective, it is a nice game.
Old November 27th, 2011, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ningtong88 View Post
I can handle $50 to $100 min. I just wanted to make sure CBJN was right, but it turned out it is not right. Good thing I asked you all first. Thanks.
There are significant differences between playing $50 - $100 mins for DD in Vegas. I only mentioning this point since I am reading casualness in your post, but I could be completely wrong.

A reasonable 1-6 spread at DD puts you into purple territory when playing $100 mins. Purple scrutiny is much higher than black scrutiny.

Many conservative AP's would say 20k is a decent bankroll for $25 mins...so $50 - $100 mins requires proportionally more $$$

Then again maybe your asian so you heat levels will be lower.
Old November 27th, 2011, 05:28 PM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chichow View Post
There are significant differences between playing $50 - $100 mins for DD in Vegas. I only mentioning this point since I am reading casualness in your post, but I could be completely wrong.

A reasonable 1-6 spread at DD puts you into purple territory when playing $100 mins. Purple scrutiny is much higher than black scrutiny.

Many conservative AP's would say 20k is a decent bankroll for $25 mins...so $50 - $100 mins requires proportionally more $$$

Then again maybe your asian so you heat levels will be lower.
No, 20K is the required bankroll for $5 min shoe game and $10 min DD game.

50k is the required bankroll for $25 min DD game.
Old November 27th, 2011, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJgenius007 View Post

I disagree. In my opinion you should be playing full Kelly until you hit $25 tables. You say 13% ROR. I say 87% chance of success!
Old November 27th, 2011, 08:49 PM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerg View Post
I disagree. In my opinion you should be playing full Kelly until you hit $25 tables. You say 13% ROR. I say 87% chance of success!
RoR is only part of the issue. Playing full Kelly means big swings. For an inexperienced player this can be difficult to deal with mentally and can result in improper betting patterns like over betting (chasing loses) and under betting (scared money).
Old November 28th, 2011, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJgenius007 View Post

*Sigh*

How can you be so absolute in what you say without knowing bet ramps or wonging or even what is considered a unit (ref. previous poll and discussion about what is a unit)?

Regardless whether or not we say is 20k or 50k, if you take a quick 3 minute look at the OP's posts (there aren't that many), you'll see that its highly unlikely that the OP has either a 20k or 50k bankroll for $25 min, much less the $50 - $100 min games that he/she thinks he/she can play.