Blackjack and Card Counting Forums - BlackjackInfo.com

  #11  
Old November 22nd, 2011, 05:30 PM
Lonesome Gambler's Avatar
Lonesome Gambler Lonesome Gambler is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 903
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by creeping panther View Post
Very interesting post there Lonesome.

So is what you are saying, don't do as I do, because I have special skillz, and if you attempt it you will face terrible tragedy including losing your job, etc, etc.

Sooooooo,,, just leave the high edge games alone so me and my friends have them all to ourselves.

Ya, that sounds just about right

CP
Don't be childish. I'm saying that the implications of burning a game are not restricted to getting backed off, flyered, etc. You will lose the game, and everyone else will too, including people that may rely on gambling income as part or all of their livelihood. And the jobs comment was in reference to dealers being fired.

I don't have "special" skills, and I'm not staking claim to high-edge games, nor am I implying that new players should stay away. I'm simply suggesting that there's quite a bit of danger in playing these games that may not be immediately apparent to those less experienced at making such plays. We've all been beginners at some point, and I'm in no way a skilled pro, just an enthusiastic learner. No one's out to get you. Relax.
  #12  
Old November 22nd, 2011, 05:58 PM
creeping panther's Avatar
creeping panther creeping panther is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Midwest
Posts: 2,815
Default Mj

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbballar23 View Post
Although I agree with basically everything in the OP, the fact of the matter is that when players come into town for a couple days or weeks, they are there to make money and are going to do what they have to in order to get the money. Longevity probably isn't the number one priority.

Also, how many APs are going to be thinking about "the guys doing this for a living" when deciding to make a play or not? not many.
MJ, yes I have to agree with you, but for us with jobs, who work for a living 9-5 and play serious or rec. on the side, should always be attentive to the desires of those that have chosen to not have a 9-5 job, and play casino games full time, we should step aside for them, consider their needs not ours, defer to them, they are special..............................NOT

(Ya real special, like strong arming a none Pro AP in LV into giving up money he had won because the Pro was doing this for a living and the other AP was not, gotta love those Pro's)



CP

Last edited by creeping panther; November 22nd, 2011 at 06:11 PM. Reason: spelling
  #13  
Old November 22nd, 2011, 06:02 PM
Lonesome Gambler's Avatar
Lonesome Gambler Lonesome Gambler is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 903
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by creeping panther View Post
MJ, yes I have to agree with you, but for us with jobs, who work for a living 9-5 and play serious or rec. on the side, should always be attentive to the desires of those that have chosen to not have a 9-5 job, and play casino games full time, we should step aside for them, consider theire needs not ours, defer to them, they are special..............................NOT

(Ya real special, like strong arming a none Pro AP in LV into giving up money he had won because the Pro was doing this for a living and the other AP was not, gotta love those Pro's)



CP
Are you intentionally ignoring my post in direct response to your incorrect interpretation of mine?
  #14  
Old November 22nd, 2011, 09:54 PM
Automatic Monkey's Avatar
Automatic Monkey Automatic Monkey is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 5,171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonesome Gambler View Post
...I'm saying that the implications of burning a game are not restricted to getting backed off, flyered, etc. You will lose the game, and everyone else will too, including people that may rely on gambling income as part or all of their livelihood. And the jobs comment was in reference to dealers being fired.
You are being too cryptic to be properly understood. Are you talking about a holecard game? Playing with your head right down on the table? (Like I do.) It's true that will sometimes cause a particular game (or rather, one particular dealer on that shift) to get shut down but if that is the only way for me to exploit it, so what? If you can play it in some other way, and you want me to stop doing that, you have to pay me.

I realize that getting caught using that "advanced technique" can have consequences that a counter rarely has to face, but let's call it what it is. It's holecarding, probably the most inglorious form of AP. Other advanced techniques that are better applicable to AC blackjack are less likely to be identified by the house (but more likely to arise suspicions of cheating, because they legitimately don't know what you are doing.)

Do you care about the dealer being fired? I care about the dealer losing his income about as much as he cares about players losing theirs.
  #15  
Old November 23rd, 2011, 01:28 AM
21gunsalute 21gunsalute is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Area 51
Posts: 1,144
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinist View Post
Ho's

Machinist
No, they've even got bad ho's!
  #16  
Old November 23rd, 2011, 01:30 AM
21gunsalute 21gunsalute is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Area 51
Posts: 1,144
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sucker View Post
Bad games & bad rules for card counters. Opportunities abound for advanced playing techniques. As far as the danger of being mugged; pay attention to your surroundings at all times & you'll be just fine. Everyone I've ever heard of who got mugged did SOMETHING wrong which could have prevented it had they been a bit less careless.
I don't worry about getting mugged there because I won't go there.
  #17  
Old November 23rd, 2011, 01:44 AM
21gunsalute 21gunsalute is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Area 51
Posts: 1,144
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by creeping panther View Post
MJ, yes I have to agree with you, but for us with jobs, who work for a living 9-5 and play serious or rec. on the side, should always be attentive to the desires of those that have chosen to not have a 9-5 job, and play casino games full time, we should step aside for them, consider their needs not ours, defer to them, they are special..............................NOT

(Ya real special, like strong arming a none Pro AP in LV into giving up money he had won because the Pro was doing this for a living and the other AP was not, gotta love those Pro's)



CP
I think I know the exact situation you speak of here. Yeah, they think they own certain machines, certain tables and...well...they think they own the whole damn casino along with everyone who sets foot in there. They should probably write their names on these machines and tables just so there's no confusion as to who these machines and tables actually belong to. Of course we can't expect them to ever get a real job because I don't think they're smart enough to make it out in the real world.
  #18  
Old November 23rd, 2011, 04:41 AM
tulip tulip is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21gunsalute View Post
I think I know the exact situation you speak of here. Yeah, they think they own certain machines, certain tables and...well...they think they own the whole damn casino along with everyone who sets foot in there. They should probably write their names on these machines and tables just so there's no confusion as to who these machines and tables actually belong to. Of course we can't expect them to ever get a real job because I don't think they're smart enough to make it out in the real world.
I know the type of people you speak of, and I can't stand them. Thuggish behavior and intimidation towards fellow APs is totally unacceptable. It's a sad state of affairs when APs resort to that.

I think all APs would do well to remember that we all share a common adversary. Let's not make things harder than they already are.
  #19  
Old November 23rd, 2011, 05:40 AM
tthree tthree is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,277
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulip View Post
I know the type of people you speak of, and I can't stand them. Thuggish behavior and intimidation towards fellow APs is totally unacceptable. It's a sad state of affairs when APs resort to that.

I think all APs would do well to remember that we all share a common adversary. Let's not make things harder than they already are.
What they don't realize is the quickest way to end their opportunity is to do some of these disrespectful things to the wrong person. Some don't show any mercy once war is declared on them. All that matters is revenge at any cost.
  #20  
Old November 23rd, 2011, 06:34 AM
creeping panther's Avatar
creeping panther creeping panther is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Midwest
Posts: 2,815
Default Three

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthree View Post
What they don't realize is the quickest way to end their opportunity is to do some of these disrespectful things to the wrong person. Some don't show any mercy once war is declared on them. All that matters is revenge at any cost.
Wise words tthree

But the worst of all, right at the top, is "Outing AP's", and yes, as you say,"Some don't show any mercy once war is declared on them".

I have always spoke of respect,. Most serious problems come from showing a lack of respect to one another. Gang Bangers most often claim as a reason for a murder that a lack of respect was shown, they were dissed.

A lack of respect to others can lead to so many needless conflicts and the end results can be catastrophic. I would hope we would all show respect to one another, or be ready to face those ugly consequences if you do not show that one simple thing, RESPECT.

CP
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:32 PM.


Forum Software vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2011 Bayview Strategies LLC