Blackjack and Card Counting Forums - BlackjackInfo.com

Old November 24th, 2011, 03:55 AM
Banned

Default Happy Thanksgiving people!!!

I first want to thank the old lady for putting up with my ass. lol

If I wasn't for her I would have nobody and I would not be where I am today.

Thanks babe.

Second I want to thank her family for accepting me as one of their own. They knew I would be trouble from the start, just as all orphans are. I am also glad that they stuck with me long enough to see the man that I have become. Responsible to a certain degree, caring, and hopeful. Three things I did not have before them. Thank you for giving me the strength to take my life back.

I thank Budda for letting me see the truths of the world. For giving me the sight to see the Deception that is Christianity. For giving me the strength to put things into perspective, show compassion for all of life, and showing me how death is a gift even when it is used as a metaphor.

For showing me the reflecting and healing powers of meditation and the small ray of enlightenment I have received from his teachings. Most of all for showing me that praying to some god for help is foolish.

For ones life to become better and change the way you want it, it only takes the courage to take action.

Thank you for showing me that blindly praying to God and Jesus for hope for a better future is a lazy mans excuse to do nothing. To pray to god and want without taking the necessary action required for change, is a mortal sin in and of itself. It is selfish.

Thank you Budda for showing me the light. May all this food be as filling and as good as it was in your time.

Last edited by ringlejames; November 24th, 2011 at 06:28 AM.
Old November 24th, 2011, 03:58 AM
Banned

All I was trying to explain with the Budda/God thing is that...

God asks you to pray for the light to a better future.

Budda shows you the light and tells you what you must do to attain it.

Last edited by ringlejames; November 24th, 2011 at 04:01 AM.
Old November 24th, 2011, 05:31 AM

Was that your well rehearsed oscar acceptance speech?
Old November 24th, 2011, 05:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PierceNation View Post
Was that your well rehearsed oscar acceptance speech?

Top of the head kind of thing lol.

Does it really sound well rehearsed? lmao
Old November 24th, 2011, 06:16 AM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringlejames View Post
I thank Budda for letting me see the truths of the world. For giving me the sight to see the Deception that is Christianity. For giving me the strength to put things into perspective, show compassion for all of life, and showing me how death is a gift even when it is used as a metaphor.

For showing me the reflecting and healing powers of meditation and the small ray of enlightenment I have received from his teachings. Most of all for showing me that praying to some god for help is foolish.

For ones life to become better and change the way you want it, it only takes the courage to take action. Thank you for showing me that blindly praying to God and Jesus for hope for a better future is a lazy mans excuse to do nothing. To pray to god and want without taking the necessary action required for change, is a mortal sin in and of itself. It is selfish.

Thank you Budda for showing me the light. May all this food be as filling and as good as it was in your time.
Amen Brother Ringle, you are now Zzone qualified.
Now pass the medicine. zg
Old November 24th, 2011, 06:40 AM

I am thankful to have life, and to still have my father over for dinner today. He was in the hospital most of the year with multiple complication. He is far too young to be dealing with all of this!

On the lighter side, I am very thankful for this site and the fine people that contribute to it constructively and make it such a tremendous resource!

Thank you all!

Coyote
Old November 24th, 2011, 06:42 AM
Executive Member

I had a little reminder this year to stop and smell the roses along the way. To not be so focused on a single goal, that I forget those that are important to me and so I am in the midst of a little trip that while it includes some blackjack, is mostly about re-establishing friendships and relationships. I have much to be thankful for and that includes this site, that remains dear to me, Mr Smith and the mods for providing the site and the many members that have contributed to my ongoing blackjack education as well as a little bit of blackjack-related social interaction. I sincerely wish everyone a warm and peaceful thanksgiving, hopefully with friends and family.
Old November 24th, 2011, 06:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
Amen Brother Ringle, you are now Zzone qualified.
Now pass the medicine. zg
Thanks zg. I Appreciate the positive reinforcement that comes along with zenzone approval.

I hope you understood that.

As for passing the medicine... I cant because I ate it.

Lmao always good to here from you. Puts a smile on my face to see your enlightened comments. Forces one to see reality for the way it is.

And don't worry their are whole tribes in Africa and South America that are just as "crazy" as you and me.

Hope you got that one too.

Cheers and Happy Thanksgiving

Last edited by ringlejames; November 24th, 2011 at 07:31 AM.
Old November 24th, 2011, 06:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote View Post
On the lighter side, I am very thankful for this site and the fine people that contribute to it constructively and make it such a tremendous resource!

Coyote

Does hilarity count as a contribution.
Old November 24th, 2011, 06:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewljason View Post
Well said kewljason well said. I am in the process of doing the same.