Blackjack and Card Counting Forums - BlackjackInfo.com

  #11  
Old November 25th, 2011, 07:15 AM
AussiePlayer AussiePlayer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 295
Default

Depends entirely on the store, I know a few over here that record your average bet as whatever the table minimum is, ie; $500/hand on a $30 table, you will get recorded as $30/hand.
  #12  
Old November 25th, 2011, 07:19 AM
tezzadiver's Avatar
tezzadiver tezzadiver is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 188
Default

sound advice tthree. Thanks for your input. I completely agree about not going straight back to a min. bet on a fresh shoe. Its a complete giveaway that you may be up to `extra curricular activities`.

Slightly off topic, but how fierce is heat by spreading to 2 hands, count dependable, on double deck in specific?
  #13  
Old November 25th, 2011, 07:22 AM
tezzadiver's Avatar
tezzadiver tezzadiver is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 188
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussiePlayer View Post
Depends entirely on the store, I know a few over here that record your average bet as whatever the table minimum is, ie; $500/hand on a $30 table, you will get recorded as $30/hand.
Over here? as in downunder stores?

Is comp hustling worthwhile in OZ?
  #14  
Old November 25th, 2011, 07:31 AM
cucuso4 cucuso4 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 38
Default Don't do either

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
My point is that the cost of tipping needs to be factored in anytime you play for comps.
If any APs know of a book or article examining the relationship between comps and tips, I'd be obliged. Thanks.
What is the purpose of tipping the dealer.

If the goal is to get the money, do not play for comps. That is what VP is for.
  #15  
Old November 25th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Caesar Caesar is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 113
Default This changes everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by tezzadiver View Post
The first two make sense, but what do you mean by don`t do anything suspicious? As IF........

I`ll be counting and spreading as per normal to beat the game. Just want to know if its worth the added EV to put a larger bet out than normal while starting to play (maybe 3 or 4 rounds or so). Just looking at small buffet comps, won`t be playing longer than 1 hr on any session in any case.

And would playing time affect it? Is a hour enough? Lets say about 1200 -1500 dollars action in a hour on average depending on decks and players of course.
Effectively do the pit critters record your min. bet from the start?
Your original post didn't mention you were counting. For all I knew, you were a basic strategy player looking to maximize comps. My comments have do to with the latter situation.
Good luck.
  #16  
Old November 25th, 2011, 03:35 PM
shadroch shadroch is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,696
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cucuso4 View Post
What is the purpose of tipping the dealer.

If the goal is to get the money, do not play for comps. That is what VP is for.
It is thinking like that that keeps the casinos safe for us comp sucking ho's.
Please tell me how you can fool a VP machine into giving you more comps than you've actually earned? I can name a few dozen ways of fooling a pit into it.
  #17  
Old November 25th, 2011, 04:44 PM
bj21abc bj21abc is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Outside the US
Posts: 220
Default

If comp hustling do so at the smaller, more local places. Such as Station casinos.

On the strip - comps are really for the high rollers.

Examples - an hour of play rated at $100 average per hand:
at Harrah's gets you ~ $3 in comps.
at the MGM group gets you ~ $5 or so in comps (they actually have a printed formula on the M-life brochure, you can check it out)
at the Trop gets you much more. They claim it to be $25 or so, but I have yet to see this happen. Then again, what can you really spend it on at the Trop...


Quote:
Originally Posted by tezzadiver View Post
A few weeks to go ......
General question on comps. How long does (on average) a PB watch your play when sitting down and starting to play?
Is it worthwhile to bet higher for the first few rounds so the PB can record you playing a higher minimum?
Mainly interested in buffet comps etc.
Any advice appreciated.
  #18  
Old November 25th, 2011, 04:55 PM
shadroch shadroch is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,696
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj21abc View Post
If comp hustling do so at the smaller, more local places. Such as Station casinos.

On the strip - comps are really for the high rollers.

Examples - an hour of play rated at $100 average per hand:
at Harrah's gets you ~ $3 in comps.
at the MGM group gets you ~ $5 or so in comps (they actually have a printed formula on the M-life brochure, you can check it out)
at the Trop gets you much more. They claim it to be $25 or so, but I have yet to see this happen. Then again, what can you really spend it on at the Trop...
I'm sorry, but you are missing the forest while concentrating on a tree or two. An hour of $100 BJ may only earn you a few dollars in comps, but a week of it will earn you tier status enough to boggle your mind.
  #19  
Old November 25th, 2011, 05:54 PM
cucuso4 cucuso4 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 38
Default Ok, I'm all ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadroch View Post
It is thinking like that that keeps the casinos safe for us comp sucking ho's.
Please tell me how you can fool a VP machine into giving you more comps than you've actually earned? I can name a few dozen ways of fooling a pit into it.
I'm interested in hearing how you fool the pit.
  #20  
Old November 25th, 2011, 06:09 PM
AussiePlayer AussiePlayer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 295
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tezzadiver View Post
Over here? as in downunder stores?

Is comp hustling worthwhile in OZ?
Absolutely not. The main reason being, with only one store in each city there is no competition for players business. They simply have no need to ever comp anyone, unless they can afford to fly to a different casino in their private jet.
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:31 AM.


Forum Software vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2011 Bayview Strategies LLC