Blackjack and Card Counting Forums - BlackjackInfo.com

Go Back   Blackjack and Card Counting Forums - BlackjackInfo.com > Blackjack Forums > Blackjack - Voodoo Betting Strategies

Old November 26th, 2011, 02:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjack avenger View Post
with kelly betting in the real world one faces a ror due to table min. If one bets fractional kelly the ror is greatly reduced.
comparing kelly to fractional kelly yes your ror is greater. But with what he suggested he WOULD have a lower ROR

Last edited by ringlejames; November 26th, 2011 at 02:43 PM.
Old November 26th, 2011, 02:40 PM
Executive Member

Default your lacking some understanding

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringlejames View Post
YES YOU HAVE THE ADVANTAGE

AND YES IT IS A GOOD IDEA

AND YES IT IS AMAZING COVER FOR WONGING

I personally dont know what these jokers are talking about.

Yes you have an advantage using a 1-4 martingale bet spread. I am guessing it is 1,2,4,8, bet spread???

Its stupidity like this that has not moved this game forward.

Probably more profitable even than normal bet spreading.

But of course it is not as profitable as betting max on all TC's +2 or higher wonging

although maxbet wonging at all counts does have a higher ROR

And I am quite sure that playing like you suggested has a lower ROR THAN ALL OTHER FORUMS OF WONGING IN... BUT I COULD BE WRONG
The concept of risk vs reward
This system at times will have you betting upside down in relation to count, which is bad and why you think its excellent camo. It's not sound play.
A martingale is betting that is not based on actual advantage
Regardless when you do it
We try not to use personal attacks
Old November 26th, 2011, 02:42 PM
Banned

Old November 26th, 2011, 11:24 PM

Quote:
AND YES IT IS AMAZING COVER FOR WONGING
There's a reason it is amazing cover, it doesn't work.

Quote:
BUT I COULD BE WRONG
Stranger things have happened!
Old November 27th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Executive Member

Obviously, larger font sizes do not confer veracity.
Old November 27th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by QFIT View Post
Obviously, larger font sizes do not confer veracity.
Obviously, larger font sizes do not convey sarcasm. Or is it just typed words period.
Old November 27th, 2011, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerg View Post
1.) Your advantage on any given hand would be best estimated by the count. You are best off Kelly betting according to your advantage. If you base your bet based on Martingale, you will be worse off. For example, your system was "When TC >=2 martingale up to 4X, when TC 1 or lower sit out." You would be playing with a statistical advantage. If your bankroll were large enough you would win long term. I would guess your results would be similar to flat betting 1.5 units when TC>=2. *Note that you could easily improve (win more money in the same amount of time with less risk) using this with this ramp: TC 2 - 1 unit, TC 3 - 2 units, TC 4 - 3 units, TC 5 - 4 units.

2.) I would use the word "skew" to describe your results. If you do a classic Martingale, you will have many small wins and few catastrophic losses. With your 3 level betting system you probably wouldn't notice much of a difference though.

Zerg,

So, basically the martingale with a statistical advantage isn't a "losing" strategy, but it simply isn't the optimal strategy and therefore not the best is basically what I am getting.

Thanks for the answer and explanation. It is sometimes difficult to get an answer around here without rude/arrogant comments with it. For that, I appreciate it. Information like this is why I post on here before trying anything "new" out.
Old November 27th, 2011, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightblues View Post
So, basically the martingale with a statistical advantage isn't a "losing" strategy, but it simply isn't the optimal strategy and therefore not the best is basically what I am getting.
This is a good summary, certainly true for the low spread example you gave. The main thing to watch out for is over betting. I think that is the only way you can be an expected long term loser if you are playing a +EV game.

Quote:
It is sometimes difficult to get an answer around here without rude/arrogant comments with it. For that, I appreciate it. Information like this is why I post on here before trying anything "new" out.
You are welcome . Though many disagree, I think threads like this are helpful. When you take time to think about why a system will or will not work it really helps with the overall understanding of the game.
Old November 27th, 2011, 06:17 PM
Executive Member

NO. It is an extremely poor strategy with a huge risk of ruin. We are in the Voodoo forum. It is called Voodoo for a reason. Don't read posts in a forum which has clearly been reserved for bad ideas. If this was a medical site, would you read posts in the forum called "Voodoo?"

Sorry if some of us come off as sarcastic. Consider what it is like answering the same questions for decades. Martingale doesn't work -- period. How many times has that been stated in the century since it was first invented?
Old November 27th, 2011, 11:57 PM
Executive Member

Using the negative progression to camo the bet raising works well in certain circumstances and its no more voodoo than to raise bets in +EV counts under guise of a parlay, which many or most counters do to varying extent and has been advocated since the beginning by virtually all experts as a camo tactic.

I actually prefer a quasi martingale in a +EV because it can be made to look more reckless and emotional. zg