Blackjack and Card Counting Forums - BlackjackInfo.com

Old November 27th, 2011, 09:44 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to BJ2wheeler
Default any SD 3:2BJ in Tunica left?

I'm really interested in SD BJ with a 3:2. willing to drive to find it and consider partnering with someone.
Old November 27th, 2011, 12:29 PM

Default yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ2wheeler View Post
I'm really interested in SD BJ with a 3:2. willing to drive to find it and consider partnering with someone.
yes
Old November 27th, 2011, 01:59 PM
Executive Member

Send a message via ICQ to FLASH1296 Send a message via AIM to FLASH1296

The O.P. is perhaps unaware that SD with restricted doubling is not
all that good when the penetration is poor or the tables are crowded.

Old November 27th, 2011, 07:27 PM
Executive Member

There's a couple, but I don't think the pen is very good. Sam's town was bad last time, as was Harrah's. I heard Fitz even got rid of SD awhile back.
Old November 27th, 2011, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ2wheeler View Post
Still 3 to 6 tables open at the Horseshoe depending on the time of day and a couple of tables in the HL room at the Grand. I think Sams has 1 table open during the day and sometimes 2 at night. Gold Strike might have 1 with bad pen.

No double down restrictions on any single deck in Tunica that I know of except no DAS.
Old November 30th, 2011, 06:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by moo321 View Post
There's a couple, but I don't think the pen is very good. Sam's town was bad last time, as was Harrah's. I heard Fitz even got rid of SD awhile back.

Sams town does suck but some reason I won $175 last trip there. 3 decks if I remember correctly.

Harrah's, I aint even played there this year. Maybe I'll give it a try sometime this month.

I have seen a couple single deck at fitz the past year. Just a few times. Not often though. I rub the leprechauns bare butt every single trip. Can't help myself.
Old December 4th, 2011, 09:31 AM
Executive Member

I sawed it with my own two eyes!
I checked and re-checked, and the dealer held only one devk of cards!
They put the cut card in a lil deeper then half and when I got mes a blackjack they gave me trey chips for my 2 chips!

How are you supposed to bet these games? It seems like it would be so hard to bet big and not be immediately ejected.

I was thinking like a 4:1 with a mid sized bet off the top and either doble it or cut it in half depending on the circumstances, and let it ride though to the next shuffle
Old December 4th, 2011, 10:03 AM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferretnparrot View Post
They put the cut card in a lil deeper then half and when I got mes a blackjack they gave me trey chips for my 2 chips!

How are you supposed to bet these games? It seems like it would be so hard to bet big and not be immediately ejected.

I was thinking like a 4:1 with a mid sized bet off the top and either doble it or cut it in half depending on the circumstances, and let it ride though to the next shuffle
A lot of times, staying under $100 bets can help. So, on a $25 game, this may mean only going 25-75. Or 25-90.
Old December 5th, 2011, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferretnparrot View Post

That is how most people traditionally play a good single deck game....you have to make random off the top wagers combined with a floating unit size...bigger units if you are winning. It's best use a bigger spread with more off the medium to medium big bets. For example if you spread 1-6 and come off the top with 3 or 4 units, drop to 1 if you lose and the count tanks, drop to 2 if the count tanks and you win or parlay directly to your max bet if the count rises regardless of whether you win or lose. This works out to something like a 1-4 spread but gives you a much more normal playing profile.
Old December 5th, 2011, 05:17 PM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigplayer View Post
That is how most people traditionally play a good single deck game....you have to make random off the top wagers combined with a floating unit size...bigger units if you are winning. It's best use a bigger spread with more off the medium to medium big bets. For example if you spread 1-6 and come off the top with 3 or 4 units, drop to 1 if you lose and the count tanks, drop to 2 if the count tanks and you win or parlay directly to your max bet if the count rises regardless of whether you win or lose. This works out to something like a 1-4 spread but gives you a much more normal playing profile.
I don't like to discuss specific betting cover in public, because it can alert the dark side. A surveillance person reading this may nail a counter at single deck.

But I agree that betting cover is especially powerful for single deck: in a shoe game, you don't have enough edge to use a lot of cover, whereas if you lay down a 1-20 in single deck, you can give back a decent amount with cover and still be well ahead.