Blackjack and Card Counting Forums - BlackjackInfo.com

Old November 30th, 2011, 06:11 PM

Default Professional Blackjack Player

Thanksgiving holiday my wife and I are playing in Shreveport LA. This one dude was playing Black and Purple chips with his son also playing. It is a $5.00 table for cryin' out loud. During a reshuffle (6D) the dealer is asking the obligatory "where you from", "what do you do". She asks this guy and he says he doesn't do anything. She presses. He then announces he plays Blackjack for a living. Wife and I 'bout fell out of our chairs.
The pit had been watching him every time black and purple hit the felt.
Funny thing is he flat bets red then all of a sudden throws out 5 black or 2 purple. I'm counting and there's absolutely no correlation to these big bets and shoe composition. Meanwhile his son splits sixes against a dealer nine, dad says nothing. Of course the guy has to keep reaching into his pocket for more dough. For him and his son. Then he starts criticizing others play. And I'm wonging at the table and it is really drivin' him crazy. Some crap about "ya can't win no money if you won't play". I was ready for the "flow of the cards comment".
Eventually the pit just ignored him and his Blacks and Purples. He had to be down five or six thousand easy. Friggan' Hilarious
Old November 30th, 2011, 06:49 PM
Executive Member

He paid dearly for that little bit of prestige that he gained from the other ploppies at the table. I wonder how he would have felt had he known what YOU were thinking!
Old November 30th, 2011, 06:53 PM

wow, how stupid and funny...perhaps he is a professional dis-advantage player i remember reading something in the Tao Te Ching along the line of those that know do not tell and those that tell do not know or vise versa....
Old November 30th, 2011, 07:04 PM
Executive Member

What you actually saw was one of the best family acts in APdom - went right over your head!
Old November 30th, 2011, 07:21 PM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
What you actually saw was one of the best family acts in APdom - went right over your head!
Yeah! They sure had me fooled when they lost $6,000! Heck of an act!
Old November 30th, 2011, 07:51 PM

I would love to have them at my table! They would be great cover!
Old November 30th, 2011, 09:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by metronome View Post
Thanksgiving holiday my wife and I are playing in Shreveport LA. This one dude was playing Black and Purple chips with his son also playing. It is a $5.00 table for cryin' out loud. During a reshuffle (6D) the dealer is asking the obligatory "where you from", "what do you do". She asks this guy and he says he doesn't do anything. She presses. He then announces he plays Blackjack for a living. Wife and I 'bout fell out of our chairs.
The pit had been watching him every time black and purple hit the felt.
Funny thing is he flat bets red then all of a sudden throws out 5 black or 2 purple. I'm counting and there's absolutely no correlation to these big bets and shoe composition. Meanwhile his son splits sixes against a dealer nine, dad says nothing. Of course the guy has to keep reaching into his pocket for more dough. For him and his son. Then he starts criticizing others play. And I'm wonging at the table and it is really drivin' him crazy. Some crap about "ya can't win no money if you won't play". I was ready for the "flow of the cards comment".
Eventually the pit just ignored him and his Blacks and Purples. He had to be down five or six thousand easy. Friggan' Hilarious
Where you the second son? Or the grand father?
Old November 30th, 2011, 10:20 PM

Default I'm confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
Yeah! They sure had me fooled when they lost $6,000! Heck of an act!
In that time interval, the greatest AP in the world could have lost that amount. Or is there something I'm missing about this game?

Seriously: if ass-whippings are a sure badge of poor play, then I suck big time!
Old November 30th, 2011, 10:32 PM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendo View Post
In that time interval, the greatest AP in the world could have lost that amount. Or is there something I'm missing about this game?

Seriously: if ass-whippings are a sure badge of poor play, then I suck big time!
Splitting 6's against a dealer 9 may be a clue.
Old December 1st, 2011, 06:12 PM

I don't believe I would tell any dealer that I "play BJ for a living".
His bet ramp was without rhyme or reason unless he is a much better player then I (a distinct possibility )
And this guy made some BS mistakes. And he let's his son split 6s vs. a 9...what ?...for cover ??!! The son DID NOT know how to play.
And is berating you table-mates a sign of an AP? or just a moron trying to impress people with a plethora of "folding money".
I counted/played a couple of shoes and was so impressed i left.
Later my (almost)Basic Strategy wife said she basically told him to FO 'cause she didn't hit her S17 vs. dealer 10 (lots of bitching and moaning), then she hit another S17 vs. dealer 10, and apparently saved the table (much kudos from dumb-ass), she leaned over in front of another player and stuck it to him.

Last edited by metronome; December 1st, 2011 at 06:33 PM. Reason: clarity