Blackjack and Card Counting Forums - BlackjackInfo.com

Old December 1st, 2011, 05:39 AM
Executive Member

Default Neighbors!

I've been reading the deleted threads thread and it brought me to a conculsion that we are like neighbors. We sit in our house but go to the fence or hedges and chat and talk about different things in our neighborhood which is the blackjack neighborhood. Some of us don't care for certain neighbors or what or how they do their own thing here. The mods are like the neighborhood association and sometimes step on people's toes but that is to be expected. It's funny how the internet and this site seems to imatate life.
Old December 1st, 2011, 05:54 AM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackchipjim View Post
I've been reading the deleted threads thread and it brought me to a conculsion that we are like neighbors. We sit in our house but go to the fence or hedges and chat and talk about different things in our neighborhood which is the blackjack neighborhood. Some of us don't care for certain neighbors or what or how they do their own thing here. The mods are like the neighborhood association and sometimes step on people's toes but that is to be expected. It's funny how the internet and this site seems to imatate life.
Interesting analogy. I am trying to find an instance in my history where I had a problem with neighbors. I am at a loss. My neighbors always like me and I them. It is not in my character to remember negatives others do to me. No profit in that, only misery. I do remember when I fell short. This may not be fun to remember but it allows me to do better in the future so there is profit in it. Because of this oddity which is opposite of how so many people's memory priorities I may simply not remember neighbor problems. Living in rural settings everyone relies on neighbors to some degree. Other sources of help are far away. This probably helps people to get along as well as the open space. I do remember having a crazy neighbor but we got along fine. He wanted space and I was happy to give it to him. When he wanted help I was happy to oblige. You should have heard the screaming matches he had with nobody. I don't know if he thought he had ghosts or was a multiple personality and argued with himself but it did not inspire a desire to visit.
Old December 1st, 2011, 06:56 AM
Executive Member

Default Beautiful day in the neighborhood

Jim, remember the Sesame St. Childrens show "Mr. Rogers neighborhood"? Well, quite often as I am heading into the blackjack forum I find myself singing his themesong, "It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, a beautiful day in the neighborhood... a beautiful day in the neighborhood oh won't you be my neighbor". Of course even at a very early age I would watch that show and listen to Mr. Rogers strange voice and had the perceptiveness to be thinking, "This Mr. Rogers is one WEIRD dude... possibly with serious issues".

I have to wonder if when I am inviting all the neighborhood women over to see my "puppetry of the penis" routine on a Saturday night that it's because I saw way too many episodes of "Mr. Rogers neighborhood" as a child.
Old December 1st, 2011, 07:11 AM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post
Jim, remember the Sesame St. Childrens show "Mr. Rogers neighborhood"? Well, quite often as I am heading into the blackjack forum I find myself singing his themesong, "It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, a beautiful day in the neighborhood... a beautiful day in the neighborhood oh won't you be my neighbor". Of course even at a very early age I would watch that show and listen to Mr. Rogers strange voice and had the perceptiveness to be thinking, "This Mr. Rogers is one WEIRD dude... possibly with serious issues".

I have to wonder if when I am inviting all the neighborhood women over to see my "puppetry of the penis" routine on a Saturday night that it's because I saw way too many episodes of "Mr. Rogers neighborhood" as a child.
My wife actually was living in Mr. Rogers' neighbor when she grew up. From what I understand he lead an unusual lifestyle for the time.
Old December 1st, 2011, 07:12 AM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post

I've been told more than once that Mr. Rogers was a military hero (Navy Seal, I think).
Also was told that he became a total pacifist after his military career.
Have others heard this?

BillyC1
Old December 1st, 2011, 08:43 AM
Executive Member

Default Billy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy C1 View Post
I've been told more than once that Mr. Rogers was a military hero (Navy Seal, I think).
Also was told that he became a total pacifist after his military career.
Have others heard this?

BillyC1
Highly doubt that, he surely lacked the look of a warrior, and all warriors have the look.

I often have breakfast with a gent that was in the Airborne in Vietnam, 101st,
he was in the A Shau Valley, remember the movie "Hamburger Hill", he was one of those guys, and he will not talk about it much, if at all, and he has the look, they are not the run of the mill guys.

The original Hells Angels were all combat vets of WW2 who could not fit in after what they had seen in the war.

Pussys they are not.

CP
Old December 1st, 2011, 09:29 AM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by creeping panther View Post
Highly doubt that, he surely lacked the look of a warrior, and all warriors have the look.

I often have breakfast with a gent that was in the Airborne in Vietnam, 101st,
he was in the A Shau Valley, remember the movie "Hamburger Hill", he was one of those guys, and he will not talk about it much, if at all, and he has the look, they are not the run of the mill guys.

The original Hells Angels were all combat vets of WW2 who could not fit in after what they had seen in the war.

Pussys they are not.

CP
Have to slightly disagree. I'd say MOST warriors have the look but a FEW don't. One of my better customers was very much involved at Hamburger Hill and he's quite passive looking.
We all know looks can be deceiving. Truth is, you don't have an AP look.

BillyC1
Old December 1st, 2011, 09:48 AM
Executive Member

Quote:
Have to slightly disagree. I'd say MOST warriors have the look but a FEW don't. One of my better customers was very much involved at Hamburger Hill and he's quite passive looking.
We all know looks can be deceiving. Truth is, you don't have an AP look.

BillyC1
hhmmm, i spotted him immediately, i'll never forget it, lol, he's got the look alright, just hides it well, another sign of a real warrior, imho.
errrhh, Mr Rogers according to references i have was never in the military.
Old December 1st, 2011, 10:27 AM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagefr0g View Post
hhmmm, i spotted him immediately, i'll never forget it, lol, he's got the look alright, just hides it well, another sign of a real warrior, imho.
errrhh, Mr Rogers according to references i have was never in the military.
Could be bogus but I received emails from two or three individuals stating that the actor Lee Marvin, Capt. Kangaroo (I can't remember his real name) and Mr. Rogers all had impressive military resumes.
CP has more of a Don Juan look!

BillyC1
Old December 1st, 2011, 10:33 AM
Executive Member

Quote:
Could be bogus but I received emails from two or three individuals stating that the actor Lee Marvin, Capt. Kangaroo (I can't remember his real name) and Mr. Rogers all had impressive military resumes.
could be, everything i know i read on the internet.
will 'fr0g' rogers
Quote:
CP has more of a Don Juan look!...

BillyC1
wtf? i thought he was Don Juan.