Blackjack and Card Counting Forums - BlackjackInfo.com

Go Back   Blackjack and Card Counting Forums - BlackjackInfo.com > Miscellaneous > Anything Else

Old December 2nd, 2011, 08:54 PM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendo View Post

You really must look for the lowest-load, nearly-passive, computerized funds out there (e.g., Vanguard).

Beware the corporate 401K. The matching may make it worthwhile, but it's likely that many of those funds are high load, and that the fund management company is kicking back some of the profits to your company's managers.
If I do those things, will I become a billionaire?
Old December 2nd, 2011, 09:29 PM
Executive Member

Default most important

The yr supply of canned food
Most important investment
A hedge against inflation
Can get in quantify at discount for further savings
Never loses value, unless you let it go bad

Last edited by blackjack avenger; December 2nd, 2011 at 09:32 PM.
Old December 2nd, 2011, 09:37 PM
Executive Member

Default kinda simple?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Black View Post
If I do those things, will I become a billionaire?
Get 100 million people to buy something from you at $10 profit.
Old December 2nd, 2011, 11:03 PM
Executive Member

BJ Avenger, you're completely missing my point. As usual.
Old December 2nd, 2011, 11:20 PM
Executive Member

Easiest way to become a billionaire buying stocks is to start as a multi-billionaire.
Old December 3rd, 2011, 06:59 AM
Executive Member

Quote:
I get it. I have been talking about it for decades. The system is rigged for insiders. They keep the others divided and fighting among themselves. Whenever a push to take your guns happens you know some new way to screw everyone over is afoot. The only wild card in their equation is when the masses unite and point the guns at the 1% or .1% and they know it. Why people want so much excess while keeping so many in need is beyond me. One day they will not live to regret it. People will put up with it when they have enough but when they don't watch out. The greed has gotten so bad the world masses are getting close to taking action. Like ZG said ammo may be your best investment right now. It rarely goes bad when stored. And it takes a small amount of money to diversify into ammo. For actual value a box of 5 slugs used to cost $2.50 a few years ago. I shopped around and got a great deal this year at $15 for a 5 slug box. You would not believe how cheap it is to load your own.

Last edited by tthree; December 3rd, 2011 at 07:02 AM.
Old December 3rd, 2011, 07:30 AM
Executive Member

Default tthree

My take on the guns, .22 HP assault rifles and side arms, cheap ammo and easy to carry and standardized to side arm and rifle. Assault shot guns for inside close heavy action. Sniper rifle, can be used on distant targets and also for hunting. Standard shot gun for hunting. Night vision googles a must.

If all goes to hell Gold won't mean ****, food, clothing, guns, ammo and fuel, generators, will be where it is at.

Ya, Wall Street, the Banks and Insurance, as well as the Feds are the new Evil Empire.

Time to invoke Jefferson.

This country needs an enema.

CP
Old December 3rd, 2011, 07:37 AM
Executive Member

Tthree,
I would doubt that most on this site have no idea what a slug is or its use. Now I'm not saying all.....but I would say 7 out of ten? Maybe I'm wrong. But then google takes care of that ,,,sooooooo
Jack...nice post, I've always believed that too. Also I believe the 401 type stuff is just a ruse to be able to track your money and if needed confiscate your money. Post office is used as a tracking device also.
I don't know Jack..take some chances if you want to be rich, 20 hr work days are the norm for driven people.
If you think you have a better chance of making a fortune elewhere, i'd suggest moving there.

Machinist
Old December 3rd, 2011, 08:18 AM
Executive Member

Default the opposite

Quote:
I got your point. Of course there is greed & corruption in the market. There is to much money involved. However, the average return over time is low double digits? That is what the average man can gain.

With a historic return as stated above it would be hard to amass a billion unless you start rich. The markets are for the common man a passive investment. What should the return be with little effort?

Now my point, billionaires are made by taking advantage of world markets.

Come up with a better mouse trap & the world will beat a path to your door! This is not passive as it takes creativity; often failure, and monetary risk. What should this return be?

On guns, probably need 1 or 2 weapons for each of the major ammunition types one could scavenge for in very bad times.

Last edited by blackjack avenger; December 3rd, 2011 at 08:32 AM.
Old December 3rd, 2011, 11:55 PM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjack avenger View Post
I got your point. Of course there is greed & corruption in the market. There is to much money involved. However, the average return over time is low double digits? That is what the average man can gain.

With a historic return as stated above it would be hard to amass a billion unless you start rich. The markets are for the common man a passive investment. What should the return be with little effort?

Now my point, billionaires are made by taking advantage of world markets.

Come up with a better mouse trap & the world will beat a path to your door! This is not passive as it takes creativity; often failure, and monetary risk. What should this return be?
I'm not an average man, I work hard and expect to see results from my trades. but I still don't see myself becoming a billionaire unless I can somehow become friends with those in the ultra rich circles to gimme insider info.

Billionaires, (this applies only to money market billionaires) are made by taking advantage of everyone below them. Let's see, I'm big enough in that when I get out of a position by selling off shares of a particular instrument, I create an avalanche of sellers, thus driving down the price even more. Once everyone has been stopped out and lost money, I will jump back into position and buy it up for cheap. After I've wiped the floor and picked up every small investor's cash, I get huge tax breaks because I formed my fund into a corporation, I'll also have my corporation overseas so the US can't tax me, and then just in case I **** up by overbetting on an exotic derivative, I'll ask the taxpayers for a bailout. (the same people I stole money from when I started the selling avalanche)

billionaires in real business, yes, they work hard, they're creative. They're sometimes geniuses. They create value and they somewhat propel society and are contributing members of society, what with their companies and ideas that have bettered our way of life right? Steve Jobs, bill gates, mark zuckerberg, shipping barons, oil barons, media barons. But what the **** do financial barons do? They play with numbers all day. They shift numbers, not real physical cash or assets, just ****ing numbers. They shift your 401k numbers into risky derivatives. They shift your life savings into a ponzi scheme. They make up products that even they don't understand, and when it fails, they shift your tax dollars(bailout dollars) back into their pockets.

I trade currencies, I do fairly well, but this past week I've been stopped out too many times. Over the long run, I'm a winning trader. My bad trades are small and few whereas my good trades are large and frequent. But it still pisses me off when someone influencing the currency to have a wide swing in my opposite direction, hit my stop losses, and then reverse and go in the direction I wanted in the first place! I also hate the fact that when I'm anticipating a news announcement to influence a currency, and the currency moves big prior to the trade announcement, it means that a market mover has gotten news figures before the actual news release and is moving into/out of a currency to maximize his and ONLY HIS bank account. By the time the official news announcement hits, the currency has already exhausted it's move and is now reversing direction, thus posting yet another loss in my book.

I'm doing well in the currencies market, but hell I'm not complaining. No, not at all. ****, why would I? I make my pennies. Billions? Who needs them?

Last edited by Jack_Black; December 4th, 2011 at 12:09 AM.