Blackjack and Card Counting Forums - BlackjackInfo.com

Old December 9th, 2011, 09:18 AM

That website looks very familiar. Maybe it's just a popular template. Is that group affiliated with the old Carnivore Investment Strategies group? Or any of it's previous incarnations (Duke team, CardCountersCafe team, etc.). Is NC still involved?

-Sonny-
Old December 9th, 2011, 09:45 AM

Hi Sonny:

Re: website design, do you mean the overall site or just the phpBB forum style?

The FORUM style is based on an old but "abandoned" style called Semi-Green that I've updated and adapted into this blackjack customization. It was a PITA to do, actually, as the original author of Semi-Green did not want to have anything to do with resurrecting his style, LOL, so I couldn't get any answers to any of my questions

The overall site design/style is all my own however... except for the graphic of the blackjack table which I cribbed from another site actually (but still cleaned up and improved a bit, I think, with the edge fading and etc...)

The rounded corners stuff used on many pages is another bit of (apparently) abandoned JavaScript from here: http://www.ruzee.com/ and I've also adapted the blog section skin/style to kind of look like that, from another WordPress skin.

All in all, it's kind of a hodge podge of bits of code and graphics that I've put together from a variety of places, but still overall "original" in final effect, I think.

Curious really IF it DOES look like some other site after all, given it's been put together from so many different sources (Frankenstein site? LOL)

-JC
Old December 9th, 2011, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBJT View Post
Curious really IF it DOES look like some other site after all, given it's been put together from so many different sources (Frankenstein site? LOL)
I was going to say, it is a very distinctive site design. That's why I was surprised that it looked familiar. It looks good though. I think all of the elements work together well. Navigation is easy and intuitive too.

I was just curious if your team is affiliated with those other groups or any of their people. Are you familiar with them?

-Sonny-
Old December 9th, 2011, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny View Post
I was just curious if your team is affiliated with those other groups or any of their people. Are you familiar with them?
Well probably shouldn't say one way or the other on a public message, y'know, but I guess maybe sub-conciously some other older site's design could have stuck in my head and influenced me somehow, as I was pulling the bits together for this design?

Yeah... that's the ticket. Sounds reasonable to me

-JC
Old December 9th, 2011, 02:27 PM
Executive Member

Default Sonny

No Sonny, not afilliated with any scam Carnivore team, if that is what you are fishing for

CP
Old December 9th, 2011, 05:48 PM

Aha... Oh, I see

Thought he was just asking about the WEBSITE DESIGN

-JC
Old December 11th, 2011, 01:44 PM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny View Post
That website looks very familiar. Maybe it's just a popular template. Is that group affiliated with the old Carnivore Investment Strategies group? Or any of it's previous incarnations (Duke team, CardCountersCafe team, etc.). Is NC still involved?

-Sonny-
Last I heard he disappeared.