Blackjack and Card Counting Forums - BlackjackInfo.com

Old December 7th, 2011, 07:49 PM
Executive Member

Default A Modest Proposal

I have invented a new device coined a Dedigitizer (patent pending). It is attached to your keyboard, connected via a USB port, and required to post to a new, proposed Blackjack forum. In pure democratic fashion, each post can be rated by all registered users (this feature is already available in VBulletin). If your post is deemed SPAM, trolling or otherwise offensive by the user community, the next time you use your keyboard, the Dedigitizer (trademark pending) goes into action. This reduces the desire (and ability) to make another such post. That is, it acts as a moderator. After five, ten, twenty or twenty-one such posts (depending on the user’s dexterity, flexibility, determination and gender), the poster will no longer be able to post as he/she would be fully dedigitized (copyright pending). One would imagine that the user would cease before this point.

I am not surprised at the number of people (took some effort to not use a different word) that have quickly appeared and “volunteered” to offer their “services” to this community. I agree with those that say none of the current sites can adequately replace this site. Not friggin’ close. Ken’s contributions to this community have been unique.
Old December 7th, 2011, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QFIT View Post
I have invented a new device coined a Dedigitizer (patent pending). It is attached to your keyboard, connected via a USB port, and required to post to a new, proposed Blackjack forum. In pure democratic fashion, each post can be rated by all registered users (this feature is already available in VBulletin). If your post is deemed SPAM, trolling or otherwise offensive by the user community, the next time you use your keyboard, the Dedigitizer (trademark pending) goes into action. This reduces the desire (and ability) to make another such post. That is, it acts as a moderator. After five, ten, twenty or twenty-one such posts (depending on the user’s dexterity, flexibility, determination and gender), the poster will no longer be able to post as he/she would be fully dedigitized (copyright pending). One would imagine that the user would cease before this point.

I am not surprised at the number of people (took some effort to not use a different word) that have quickly appeared and “volunteered” to offer their “services” to this community. I agree with those that say none of the current sites can adequately replace this site. Not friggin’ close. Ken’s contributions to this community have been unique.

How much personal information would your little device be collecting ? This really sounds llke big brother. With something like this you would have every key stroke that a person does. You must be nuts and so would anyone who would agree to this !
Old December 7th, 2011, 08:14 PM
Executive Member

Quote:
I have invented a new device coined a Dedigitizer (patent pending). It is attached to your keyboard, connected via a USB port, and required to post to a new, proposed Blackjack forum. In pure democratic fashion, each post can be rated by all registered users (this feature is already available in VBulletin). If your post is deemed SPAM, trolling or otherwise offensive by the user community, the next time you use your keyboard, the Dedigitizer (trademark pending) goes into action. This reduces the desire (and ability) to make another such post.
Here is an example of Dedigitizer in action, Brother AutoMonk took a shot >>

Old December 7th, 2011, 08:15 PM
Executive Member

I hate when I do that.
Old December 7th, 2011, 08:15 PM

You don't give much detail on how this works. Kind of like the collar of obedience?
Old December 7th, 2011, 08:20 PM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRX View Post
You don't give much detail on how this works. Kind of like the collar of obedience?
This must be defined in the patent. But, will not be released until the patent is granted. I'm looking for demonstration models. William Shatner has turned me down. Funny as I didn't think he turned anything down.
Old December 8th, 2011, 07:44 AM

Default Looking for BETA Testers

Quote:

Any BETA tester volunteers interested?
Old December 8th, 2011, 08:27 AM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOND View Post
Any BETA tester volunteers interested?
Special deal for Pit Bosses. They can get home and office units for free. Working on a mobile unit.
Old December 8th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Executive Member

The title will probably give it away to too many people, but hey, who knows. We'll see.

Edit: And don't worry, no one reads more than the OP before responding anyway so we could still see some good stuff. Seems like this proposal could be a good idea . . .

Last edited by Deathclutch; December 8th, 2011 at 09:30 AM.
Old December 8th, 2011, 09:50 AM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathclutch View Post
The title will probably give it away to too many people, but hey, who knows. We'll see.
Don't know how many people have read an essay writen in 1729.