Blackjack and Card Counting Forums - BlackjackInfo.com

  #1  
Old October 31st, 2010, 07:08 PM
Dyepaintball12's Avatar
Dyepaintball12 Dyepaintball12 is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mid-Michigan
Posts: 1,547
Default Bad beat side beat at Barona

Just got their newsletter in the mail and saw the new sidebet:

"Make a wager on the all new 'Bad Beat Blackjack Progressive', and if you lose with a 20, you win! Starting at 10-1 odds, all the way up to 100% of the progressive!"

Very odd
  #2  
Old October 31st, 2010, 07:15 PM
zengrifter's Avatar
zengrifter zengrifter is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,532
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyepaintball12 View Post
Just got their newsletter in the mail and saw the new sidebet:

"Make a wager on the all new 'Bad Beat Blackjack Progressive', and if you lose with a 20, you win! Starting at 10-1 odds, all the way up to 100% of the progressive!"

Very odd
Could this be a positive bet at a certain count and/or certain payoff departure? zg
  #3  
Old October 31st, 2010, 07:17 PM
Sucker Sucker is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 1,504
Default

Sounds like it might be a pretty good deal for a sequencer.
  #4  
Old October 31st, 2010, 10:37 PM
moo321 moo321 is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Midwest
Posts: 3,812
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
Could this be a positive bet at a certain count and/or certain payoff departure? zg
Hmm, seems like it would intuitively. You get a 20 and the dealer rips a blackjack in a high count. Does it count vs. dealer blackjacks, or just if the dealer draws to a 21?
  #5  
Old November 1st, 2010, 10:00 AM
Automatic Monkey's Avatar
Automatic Monkey Automatic Monkey is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 5,171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moo321 View Post
Hmm, seems like it would intuitively. You get a 20 and the dealer rips a blackjack in a high count. Does it count vs. dealer blackjacks, or just if the dealer draws to a 21?
It might also have value at low counts. Obviously it calls for a different play strategy; when you have your sidebet down you keep hitting until you have 20. A low count (treating certain cards as "low," just guessing that 5 and 6 will be the most powerful cards) will make both you and the dealer more likely to hit your target without busting.

@DP- any more details on the pay structure?
  #6  
Old November 1st, 2010, 03:09 PM
Dyepaintball12's Avatar
Dyepaintball12 Dyepaintball12 is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mid-Michigan
Posts: 1,547
Default

Okay I actually got another mailer from them today with more details!

"Make a Wager on the all new BAD BEAT BLACKJACK PROGRESSIVE and when you lose with a 20, you win!"

The payoff odds depend on how many cards it takes for the dealer to get a 21:

Dealers Hand:
Magic Card: 20 for 1
Blackjack: 10 for 1
3 cards: 25 for 1
4 cards: 50 for 1
5 cards: 100 for 1
6 cards: 1000 for 1
7 cards: 100% of Jackpot

Not sure what the "Magic Card" is but I assume its just a card in the shoe

Last edited by Dyepaintball12; November 1st, 2010 at 04:16 PM.
  #7  
Old November 1st, 2010, 09:19 PM
Automatic Monkey's Avatar
Automatic Monkey Automatic Monkey is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 5,171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyepaintball12 View Post
Okay I actually got another mailer from them today with more details!

"Make a Wager on the all new BAD BEAT BLACKJACK PROGRESSIVE and when you lose with a 20, you win!"

The payoff odds depend on how many cards it takes for the dealer to get a 21:

Dealers Hand:
Magic Card: 20 for 1
Blackjack: 10 for 1
3 cards: 25 for 1
4 cards: 50 for 1
5 cards: 100 for 1
6 cards: 1000 for 1
7 cards: 100% of Jackpot

Not sure what the "Magic Card" is but I assume its just a card in the shoe
Now that's an interesting bet. I'm guessing the Magic Card is a joker that gives whoever gets it an automatic win, like in CA No-Bust BJ. It helps the dealer unfortunately.

This is going to be a low-count thing, and probably quite vulnerable in an H17 game. What you're looking for are counts where the dealer is going to be able to pull a multi-card 21 out of his ass, and you're going to pull out a 20, which means you're going to bet this in counts where you play like a dealer.
  #8  
Old November 2nd, 2010, 10:46 AM
miplet miplet is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 86
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyepaintball12 View Post
Not sure what the "Magic Card" is but I assume its just a card in the shoe
Here is a pdf explaining "Magic Card". It appears to be a separate side bet.
  #9  
Old November 5th, 2010, 04:50 AM
jopke jopke is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 33
Default

I'm sure the size of the jackpot also has a pretty big effect on when/if it can be played profitably.

I played there when they first started it and the extra time players spent fiddling with the computer and the dealers spent trying to figure things out really slowed the game down.

If you haven't seen it, the bet is $1 and it is made via a computer that is in front of every spot. You give the dealer chips and they give you credit on your display that you then use for the bet.
  #10  
Old November 21st, 2011, 10:57 PM
mikeyd mikeyd is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 42
Default Bad beat blackjack progressive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyepaintball12 View Post
Okay I actually got another mailer from them today with more details!

"Make a Wager on the all new BAD BEAT BLACKJACK PROGRESSIVE and when you lose with a 20, you win!"

The payoff odds depend on how many cards it takes for the dealer to get a 21:

Dealers Hand:
Magic Card: 20 for 1
Blackjack: 10 for 1
3 cards: 25 for 1
4 cards: 50 for 1
5 cards: 100 for 1
6 cards: 1000 for 1
7 cards: 100% of Jackpot

Not sure what the "Magic Card" is but I assume its just a card in the shoe
This side bet is going in at the 6 deck pit at Mt Airy.
Lucky Player: 5 for 1
Blackjack: 10 for 1
3 cards: 25 for 1
4 cards: 40 for 1
5 cards: 100 for 1
6 cards: 1000 for 1
7 cards: 100% of Jackpot

Is there any way to beat this?
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:19 PM.


Forum Software vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2011 Bayview Strategies LLC