Blackjack and Card Counting Forums - BlackjackInfo.com

  #1  
Old December 10th, 2011, 02:27 AM
shadroch shadroch is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,696
Default I'm sorry, but this pisses me off.

So these boards are history, but the zenzone will continue. What a slap in the face to the people who so worked hard at making these boards a community.
  #2  
Old December 10th, 2011, 02:49 AM
Katweezel's Avatar
Katweezel Katweezel is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Third base
Posts: 2,813
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadroch View Post
So these boards are history, but the zenzone will continue. What a slap in the face to the people who so worked hard at making these boards a community.
Yeah, one Big Rude Shock... but Life goes on. Besides, the Zen Zone has a new mystery owner already. (Could be Aslan? ) Now Shad, imagine this: the ZZ continues with Blackjack sections, just like BJInfo and the Gud Old Days, which I'm sure you remember. In other words, business as usual, under a new banner... So no big deal. Your long term massive effort may not have been in vain.
  #3  
Old December 10th, 2011, 03:00 AM
shadroch shadroch is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,696
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katweezel View Post
Yeah, one Big Rude Shock... but Life goes on. Besides, the Zen Zone has a new mystery owner already. (Could be Aslan? ) Now Shad, imagine this: the ZZ continues with Blackjack sections, just like BJInfo and the Gud Old Days, which I'm sure you remember. In other words, business as usual, under a new banner... So no big deal. Your long term massive effort may not have been in vain.

If Ken had any thought of allowing that, he could have offered the zone for sale here and gotten a hell of a lot more than $1,000 for it. I know its his bat and his ball, but his utter disregard for the people that made this forum what it was is shocking.
  #4  
Old December 10th, 2011, 06:05 AM
Machinist Machinist is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Here n there......midwest
Posts: 985
Default

And there we have it.....A naked Shadroch for all to see!!! Your a dick,,,,get your own site. Nobody gives a crap what you think!
Boohoo, where you going to go now Shadroch where you can run roughshod over people?
Now your types, are what really piss me off.

Machinist
  #5  
Old December 10th, 2011, 06:39 AM
QFIT's Avatar
QFIT QFIT is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NO LONGER HERE
Posts: 2,884
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadroch View Post
If Ken had any thought of allowing that, he could have offered the zone for sale here and gotten a hell of a lot more than $1,000 for it. I know its his bat and his ball, but his utter disregard for the people that made this forum what it was is shocking.
Disagree. BJ discussion will not move to ZZ. The mix is absurd and the incivility would chase off most posters, leaving only the foul-mouthed trolls. BJInfo has more to offer then the forums, and even the forums in a closed state are a great resource. Selling off the forums would reduce the critical mass required to keep the rest of the site viable.

The vitriol crossed a line. Ken, the site, and the contributors were under constant attack on ZZ. There is no reason that he should have to put up with such.
  #6  
Old December 10th, 2011, 09:49 AM
blackjack avenger's Avatar
blackjack avenger blackjack avenger is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,267
Default why there was a no politics rule?

Seems political discussion led to animosity which appeared in the BJ threads. I enjoyed the honest debate & wish personal attacks did not happen.
  #7  
Old December 10th, 2011, 12:04 PM
shadroch shadroch is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,696
Default

The vitriol crossed a line. Ken, the site, and the contributors were under constant attack on ZZ. There is no reason that he should have to put up with such.[/QUOTE]

So his soultion was to close these boards and leave the zen zone in tact.
Brilliant.
  #8  
Old December 10th, 2011, 12:05 PM
shadroch shadroch is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,696
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinist View Post
And there we have it.....A naked Shadroch for all to see!!! Your a dick,,,,get your own site. Nobody gives a crap what you think!
Boohoo, where you going to go now Shadroch where you can run roughshod over people?
Now your types, are what really piss me off.

Machinist
A class act to the end.
  #9  
Old December 10th, 2011, 12:25 PM
KenSmith's Avatar
KenSmith KenSmith is online now
Administrator
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadroch View Post
So his soultion was to close these boards and leave the zen zone in tact.
Brilliant.
Yep. My payday for putting up with all this crap is the resource I now have to expand the rest of the site. I suspect there are only a handful of participants who understand the value of that approach. RichardMunchkin comes to mind.

As for ZenZone, that will be someone else's headache.
__________________
BlackjackInfo.com blackjack basic strategy cards. Latest online casino news in the US: Nevada Online Casinos
  #10  
Old December 10th, 2011, 12:48 PM
blackchipjim's Avatar
blackchipjim blackchipjim is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Under the Ace!
Posts: 1,398
Default forum closing!

Wow! this is like finding my dog dead on the side of road. You guys lay a major bummer on me bigtime. I'm greatly saddened by reading the obit of the message boards. I do understand Ken's postion on though and sit here a bit stunned. I thought this site was a good site overall despite the petty arguements and sometime overt attacks on people. I wish you would change your mind Ken but understand fully if you don't. I don't think another site can come up with what you accomplished. I will surely miss posting here.
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:04 PM.


Forum Software vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2011 Bayview Strategies LLC