Brink of Hell

Balancing on the Brink of Hell:
The Reality of MultiTabling and Online Poker Cash Games

By Syph
(From Blackjack Forum , Summer 2006)
© Blackjack Forum 2006

[Editor's note: This article was originally part of a discussion on the BJF/PTF message boards on getting started at multi-table play in online poker rooms. I admired the author for this post's accuracy and honesty. Although there are scores of posts on various poker forums boasting of huge profits from online poker multi-tabling, I personally know only a handful of dedicated professional gamblers who are making significant amounts of money this way, while I hear from many players who are struggling. After Syph put up his original posts on multi-tabling, a player posting under the handle newbie47 asked, "In your opinion, where did you make your errors? Did you try to start multitabling right away? Do you think you might have done better if you practiced more at the lower levels? What happened to make it not work for you? I know this seems like rubbing salt in an open would, but some of us new guys could benefit from the lessons your experience could teach." My guess is that a lot of online poker players would like answers to these questions. —A.S.]

...continued here - http://www.blackjackforumonline.com/content/online_poker_hell.htm