Video Poker and Sports Gambling books

I would like to add video poker and sports gambling to my repetoire of games. I am looking for books to learn about advantage play of both of these games. I looked at Stanford Wong's Professional Video Poker and Sharp Sports Betting. Are these books still current, or are they a bit dated? I'm particularly concerned by his video poker book being published 15 years ago. Can anyone provide an educated review of Million Dollar Video Poker by Bob Dancer, The Video Poker Edge: How to Play Smart and Bet Right by Linda Boyd, Video Poker: Optimum Play by Dan Paymar, and How Professional Gamblers Beat the Pro Football Pointspread by J. R. Miller. Thank you in advance.

KenSmith

Administrator
Staff member
You're right about one of Wong's books. Professional Video Poker is badly out of date. There are much better choices.

Dancer's Million Dollar Video Poker, while an interesting read, is more of a story about his play than anything that will help you learn about the game.

Optimum Play is a good choice, and though I haven't read Linda Boyd's book, I bet it is worthwhile too.

For learning video poker, I think one decent book is enough, then buy Frugal Video Poker software and practice.

For your sportsbetting questions, someone else will have to help out.