Turnaround system

Hi

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the Turnaround system?

I haven't used it myself, mainly due to its complexity, but I was just curious if anyone else has used it.

If you aren't familiar with it you can find more info (Dead link: http://www.rouletteclub.net/roulette/turnaround_roulette_system.htm) _here_

QFIT

Wow that goes back aways. Ian Harmer is a nutcase that tried to come up with an impossibly complex BJ progression system for a math class term paper. He constantly changed the system. He claimed to have a simulator that proved the strategy worked. His simulator was really a Quatro-Pro spreadsheet. It did not shuffle cards, or even have cards or hands. It simply used random numbers against a set of frequencies of wins and losses. The frequencies depended on a single deck, S17, DAS, LS game. This is a positive expectation game using basic strategy. So, of course it won. Flat betting would win at the same rate. When I pointed this out, he said he got the rules from Beat the Dealer so it must be right and cited a page number. I pointed out that the next page said that these rules haven't existed since 1962.

QFIT said:
Wow that goes back aways. Ian Harmer is a nutcase that tried to come up with an impossibly complex BJ progression system for a math class term paper. He constantly changed the system. He claimed to have a simulator that proved the strategy worked. His simulator was really a Quatro-Pro spreadsheet. It did not shuffle cards, or even have cards or hands. It simply used random numbers against a set of frequencies of wins and losses. The frequencies depended on a single deck, S17, DAS, LS game. This is a positive expectation game using basic strategy. So, of course it won. Flat betting would win at the same rate. When I pointed this out, he said he got the rules from Beat the Dealer so it must be right and cited a page number. I pointed out that the next page said that these rules haven't existed since 1962.
They had LS in 1962? Wow, I thought that was a new thing from the world of shoe BJ.

Automatic Monkey said:
They had LS in 1962? Wow, I thought that was a new thing from the world of shoe BJ.
As late as 1978 Caesars had a 1D game with s17/DAS/LS. The Riviera featured those rules at 2D as early as 1968. zg

Sonny

QFIT said:
Wow that goes back aways...His simulator was really a Quatro-Pro spreadsheet.
Dude, I remember using that program back in High School! Remember when Lotus 1-2-3 was a DOS program?

-Sonny-

Attachments

QFIT

Sonny said:
Dude, I remember using that program back in High School! Remember when Lotus 1-2-3 was a DOS program?

-Sonny-
I wrote a spreadsheet program just for the CEO of my company to do budgetting in 1969, 14 years before Lotus 1-2-3 came out. We never thought of selling it. Lotus had revenues of $53 million its first year. Ah well.

VisiCal was created in 1979

QFIT said:
I wrote a spreadsheet program just for the CEO of my company to do budgetting in 1969, 14 years before Lotus 1-2-3 came out. We never thought of selling it. Lotus had revenues of $53 million its first year. Ah well.
Before Lotus 123 became the standard (now Excel), Visical ruled the spreadsheet domain.

I preferred Quatrro Pro for DOS over Lotus 123 for DOS; QP had WYSIWYG at the time.

Here's a link on spreadsheet history:
http://www.dssresources.com/history/sshistory.html

Hmm, this thread has got way offtopic!!

I guess from the lack of (relevant) replies noone had used the turnaround system or give it any kind of merit (in relation to other betting systems)

QFIT

Ste7ieBoy said:
Hmm, this thread has got way offtopic!!

I guess from the lack of (relevant) replies noone had used the turnaround system or give it any kind of merit (in relation to other betting systems)
In case my first response was not clear enough - Turnaround does not work.