Tennis.

ScottH

Me and supercoolmancool have played probably about 150 games of tennis this summer. Right now I am +15 games on him. If anyone is interested in the action I'll throw some odds out on the next match. I wouldn't bet against me though!

Me: -120
Supercoolmancool: +110

supercoolmancool

ScottH said:
Me and supercoolmancool have played probably about 150 games of tennis this summer. Right now I am +15 games on him. If anyone is interested in the action I'll throw some odds out on the next match. I wouldn't bet against me though!

Me: -120
Supercoolmancool: +110

Looks like I was the good bet today. Scott is down to only +11 games after being up over 20! HA HA HA
Really though as of late the lines should be more like:

Supercoolmancool: -150
Scott: +185

ScottH

supercoolmancool said:
Looks like I was the good bet today. Scott is down to only +11 games after being up over 20! HA HA HA

I'm ONLY up 11 games and you mark yourself as the favorite? I'll bet 100 dollars on myself. If you think those are how the odds should be you would gladly take the bet right? I BET you wont though...:cool:

ScottH

supercoolmancool said:

Attention forum members, betting me at +185 is even better than the 3-card poker promotion! :D

supercoolmancool

ScottH said:
I'm ONLY up 11 games and you mark yourself as the favorite? I'll bet 100 dollars on myself. If you think those are how the odds should be you would gladly take the bet right? I BET you wont though...:cool:
The lines just moved:

Supercoolmancool: EV
Scott: EV

I would take that $100 bet with these AMAZING odds!!!
...Only I KNOW you won't. sigh...

ScottH

supercoolmancool said:
The lines just moved:

Supercoolmancool: EV
Scott: EV

I would take that $100 bet with these AMAZING odds!!!
...Only I KNOW you won't. sigh...
Weird how the lines suddenly moved drastically like that...but you're wrong, I will take that bet. Let's get it on!

Sonny

So what are the conditions like? Is the court grass, clay, hard or indoor? What's the wind speed and direction? Temperature? Climate? These are all things that a handicapper needs to know! :D

-Sonny-

supercoolmancool

Sonny said:
So what are the conditions like? Is the court grass, clay, hard or indoor? What's the wind speed and direction? Temperature? Climate? These are all things that a handicapper needs to know! :D

-Sonny-
The conditions change everytime we play. Sometimes it's 100 degrees, sometimes it is rainning. It is always hard outdoor surface. Scott seems to win in bad conditions and I usually seem to win in ideal conditions. This is because I have a power game v Scott's finess. When it is wet and rainning hitting the ball harder is not as effective or worth the risk because the ball travels and bounces slower. Also in really hot conditions I can't utilize my monster serves because the sun is in my eyes or fatigue. However these conditions are perfect for the slower trick shot style of Scott. Lately the conditions have been pretty good as evident in the fact that Scott is now only up FOUR games!

ScottH

supercoolmancool said:
The conditions change everytime we play. Sometimes it's 100 degrees, sometimes it is rainning. It is always hard outdoor surface. Scott seems to win in bad conditions and I usually seem to win in ideal conditions. This is because I have a power game v Scott's finess. When it is wet and rainning hitting the ball harder is not as effective or worth the risk because the ball travels and bounces slower. Also it really hot conditions I can't utilize my monster serves because the sun is in my eyes or fatigue. However these conditions are perfect for the slower trick shot style of Scott. Lately the conditions have been pretty good as evident in the fact that Scott is now only up FOUR games!
I am up 4 games after about 200 games, so it's pretty close to 50/50. Well within 1 standard deviation!

ScottH

Me and supercoolmancool played 2 sets today and I won both sets 6-0. I am now up 16 games for the summer.

Looks like whoever set supercoolmancool's odds at -150 was on something!