Halloween Blackjack Ball - 2nd Annual

Halloween Blackjack Ball - 2nd Annual
http://halloweenblackjackball.com/ (Archive copy)

Posted By: Viktor Nacht <[email protected]>
Date: Wednesday, 6 September 2006, at 5:12 p.m.

Dear Blackjack Fiends,

Despite the dark forces of timing and availability conspiring against our baneful soiree, plans for the second annual Halloween Blackjack Ball are percolating unabated. This year's event will take place on October 28th, 2006 in Fabulous Las Vegas and will be sponsored by RGE Publishing, Ltd. - and whatever lint I can find in my pockets

The theme of this year's HBB (in addition to... oh... blackjack and Halloween) is "Old Skool." In stark contrast to last year's focus on hype, exposure and tournament play, this year's guests, activities and competitions will celebrate the old ways of surviving the green felt jungle. From card counting to shuffle tracking to hole carding, you'll get to test your skills against the best in world, including multiple members of the legendary MIT Blackjack Team such as Mickey Rosa and MIT Mike, theoretical authorities such as "Wizard of Odds" Michael Shackleford, and other greats known and unknown.

In order to improve attendance of this year's party - given the paranoid nature of our community - we have banned filming and video cameras. Still photos will be allowed, but please ask permission of your subject first. Costumes or disguises, however, are still required. There will be a small RSVP fee, but otherwise the party will be covered by RGE Publishing and myself, Viktor Nacht. Commemorative t-shirts will be available at a special pre-party price and at the door.

For those of you unfamiliar with the HBB, the mission of my party is to throw a safe (hence the costumes) and entertaining event where people who love blackjack can socialize free of paranoia and more so, free of the political bullshit that is so prevalent on and off the Internet.

For pictures of last year's party and t-shirts, updates, and to join our HBB mailing list, please visit HalloweenBlackjackBall.com.

Good Cards and Dark Regards,

http://halloweenblackjackball.com/ (Archive copy)