The Bear Growls: Golden Nugget tactics "disgusting"

BJ21.com Newsletter
September 14, 2006

The Bear Growls: Golden Nugget now charges extra to avoid bad service and offers ridiculous "blackjack" games

By LVBear
[email protected]

Rather than improve its usual bad service at the front desk, the Golden Nugget is now charging customers extra to provide the level of service it should be routinely providing. Amazing.

When making a reservation for a comped room, Golden Nugget now offers a check-in "line pass" for $15. By paying $15, you can check in at a private window and avoid the usually too-long, too-slow lines at the front desk. At first I thought the reservation agent was joking. She assured me that she was not joking, and that the offer is made to paying customers as well as freeloaders like me. I declined this wonderful offer.

Further demonstrating managemen's apparent attitude of "We think our customers are stupid suckers," Golden Nugget has introduced double deck "blackjack" that pays only 6 to 5 and now even a six-deck shoe that pays only 6 to 5. Disgusting.

Mikeaber

Because of what I saw of what LVBear talks about when I was out there in May, I decided not to even enter the Golden Nugget's doors this last trip out there.

I've got to say that the Plaza is not much better at the check-in counter though. Rules at the tables might be better by quite a bit, but the attitude of the people behind the counter sucked.

Another note...Plaza and Las Vegas Club wiped the slate clean on comps! My wife must have had over $150 in comps built up from machine play and lost all of it. There was no 'warning' given that they were going to do it. They just zipped all accounts.