Is Blackjack The New Poker?

ScottH

I think it will get more popular with it being televised like poker did, but I doubt it will get as popular as poker. Could you imagine a blackjack tournament with 6000+ entrants?

TENNBEAR

Poker has it over Blackjack as a televised game

The main reason Televised poker is so popolar is they show the audiance the cards each player is holding. We the television audiance are drawn into the game because we know what cards each player is holding, and can watch the strategy the players work against each other. Blackjack has not got this same neat trick to bring up it's entertainment value. However I think they have improved the entertainment value a lot with the UBT series.

rdorange

Needing to show more cards and more hands

The UBT is good. It could be better. It would take less hype and player interview time to make it better. How? They need to show more hands and more cards. That way viewers can tell what, if any, strategy is being imposed and weather a player is lucky or actually using AP.
The bottom line is the viewer needs to see more uninterupted cards coming into play. Playing strategy used in this tournament doesn't change much....but like any tournament, betting strategy is of the utmost importance!

rdorange

Dealer hole card

Another interesting play might be to keep the dealers hole card a secret. Dealer peaks on A or ten, like the real deal. This way the home viewer is at the same advantage or disadvantage as the players in the game. Now you can truly see if you would play the same!